PDA

View Full Version : Check please...

SpeedPhreak
14 February 2001, 22:09
Ori Hofmekler

i dont have graduation or service dates.. i know he would be retired. i believe he became a health editor for penthouse & then an assistant editor for a now bankrupt body building mag.

i have came across an interview w/him & he has some very radical ideas in nutrition, exercies, & lifestyles. he also claims to be a former SEAL. if he is lying about it then i can pretty much bet that i shouldnt trust his view in the interview.

thanx for the time.

Fred
15 February 2001, 06:28
not a SEAL

Slug
15 February 2001, 14:14
Here's the quote, I too ran across this piece:

T= the interviewer from T-Mag
OH= Ori Hofmekler

" T: But to be a true warrior—someone who needs to endure physical hardship, or even an athlete who needs to compete—you need some sort of glycogen storage, right? And that's hard to do when you eat only once a day.

OH: You're reaching a very important point. You've got to eat in such a way that you're capable of fighting for two hours straight, or wrestling or marching for hours on end, or being without food, or whatever. When I was a Navy SEAL, that's what we trained to do. By not eating, we learned to stretch our glycogen reserves. Those who train on empty, more and more and more, will find out that they have more and more glycogen reserve ability in their muscles and liver."

Medic21
15 February 2001, 15:42
He sounds accurate with his talking about glycogen. Too bad, he had to lie and make his knowledge worthless.

E19
15 February 2001, 18:04
Quote from above:

"OH: You're reaching a very important point. You've got to eat in such a way that you're capable of fighting for two hours straight"

With his training methods, I wonder if he ever thought about the consequences of facing an enemy that had eaten in such away that they could fight for more than two hours straight? Does he think combat is like a sporting event...