PDA

View Full Version : Trident Check

Cris
7 March 2001, 12:08
I work with a nice guy that claims to be a SEAL medic. Has a picture of himself in the Gulf (no identifiable insignia), but originally claimed to be medic and now SEAL medic. Nice guy, have no doubt he was in the Gulf War, but would like to know for sure if he is spreading a little thick or not. Last name Simpson, claims class 124 1987. Thanks in advance for the info.

Cris

trident86
7 March 2001, 16:56
Class 124 did not go thru in 1987. What's this loser's first name? Any more info on him?

Cris
7 March 2001, 20:04
Hi Trident,

His name is Michael Simpson. I think he was probably may have been a Navy Corpman who may have worked with the SEALs. He claimed to have gone through class 124 and be in the Navy from 87-93(Maybe not BUD/S in 87) We have a few prior service guys where I work and one of them and I are pretty good friends. He was a Marine Radar Operator and was in the Gulf. Well Michael was telling some tall stories today about swim training and the O Course, among other things, in BUD/S class and my BS alarm just started going off, so I figured i would check him out. I think it is sad that he would claim more than he did. I know he was really in the Gulf War. That should be enough. Gulf War vets got a raw enough deal as it is. He started out saying he was a corpman, then a corpman with SF, and now SEAL medic??? Do SEALs use Navy corpman that havn't done BUD/S. Marine Recon sends their Corpman through RECON school don't they? I'll see what else I can find out. What else should i ask him? Thanks

Cris

josepy
7 March 2001, 21:13
What a lying freaking Pogue

DFC5343
7 March 2001, 23:40
The ST's do have corpsman that are not SEAL qualified. They are called special operations tech's (SOT) corpsman. They usually do only the medical were SEAL corpsman are used as operators. A very good bunch of guys dedicated to the hypocrapical oath...gotta love this guy. He must have done one too many HIV draws.

[This message has been edited by DFC5343 (edited 03-07-2001).]

sarc88
8 March 2001, 11:10
DFC,
Gotta bring you up to speed on the SOT NEC: prior to 94, all ST and Recon HM's were NEC 8492 Special Operations Technician. The diff was that the USMC SOT belonged to the Marines, since Recon had paid for all their training (BRC, Jump, Dive, HALO, SOT, etc...). The SEAL team SOT was a BUD/S grad and qualified SEAL member. Only the HM's and detailers really knew the difference, sometimes not even the detailers, I think!!
ANYWAY....SOTs are still BUD/S grads and qualified Team guys. Recon now has their own NEC 8427/8403 and training pipeline. I know because I was a 8492(Recon) SOT from 88-94, at which time I was grandfathered over to the 8427 NEC.
The non-BUD/S grad HM's that work with the Teams are 8425 Surface Force IDC's, and there are also a few billets for General Duty HM's. These guys run ST Medical to keep the Platoon docs freed up for training.
This guy Simpson may have been one of them, but a few well placed verification rounds should tell ... no dessert is sweeter than busting out a good bullshitter!!
sarc88

DFC5343
8 March 2001, 19:58
Roger that S88, I am speaking from the reserve side of the house and the"old" way still is intact. This guy sounds reserve with some salt under his sack.

Cris
10 March 2001, 23:31
Trident86,

I am sorry but I was unclear what the final answer was here? Were you able to compare the name to the class? Do you already know that he is/is not a BUDS Grad? Just out of curiosity, what year did class 124 go through in? Thanks in advance for the info.

Cris

trident86
11 March 2001, 09:45
There have been four "Simpsons" who have graduated from BUD/S. Three are now around 70 years old, and I know the other one personally--definitely NOT a medic. Your co-worker is a phony. 124 went through in 1983.

DFC5343
12 March 2001, 04:12
ESQ. M. Simpson