PDA

View Full Version : Phony

trident86
3 January 2000, 20:09
Just for the record, Dave McDowell, the founder of the Excite Club "UDTSEAL Teams" did not complete BUD/S, if he was even there at all. He claims that he graduated w/ class 215, although he is not listed on the roster at the Naval Special Warfare Center, where training is conducted. He also claims he was at SEAL Team 3, in Alpha platoon, but I called ST 3 and they've never heard of this guy, and even checked a list of ST 3 command members from August 1998(6 months after he graduated BUD/S, or just about when he would
have finished probation and earned his Trident).

He answers quite a few questions correctly, so he's done his research. Be careful, and feel free to light him up!!

Shaun Chittick
BUD/S 135
(and please feel free to verify this!)

josepy
3 January 2000, 20:55
I have a good friend of mine that graduated class 215 Erik F. I can verify that if you like?

trident86
4 January 2000, 00:16
Please do. I assume you mean QMSN Eric Franssens?

This guy McDowell won't name anyone in his class, and has repeatedly tried to get a copy of 215's manifest from the Naval Special Warfare Archives.

This is the very reason why we don't post this info for everyone to see.

Gary
4 January 2000, 00:54
What's the URL to this site?

josepy
4 January 2000, 01:23
Franny, I tried to keep his name out of it but...

I'll see if I can give him a ring.

trident86
4 January 2000, 08:28
http://clubs.excite.com/comm/area/pw/welcome/main.asp?cid=.uTK-A_XEFTJ

Try this one. It's a similar club, but Dave McDowell hangs out there too.

SSD
4 January 2000, 13:50
Trident,

I read the posts there and had quite the laugh. I run into the same stuff. I had an old Viet Nam era Sniper write me that he was reading some wild stories by a guy on AOL. The guy was passing himself off as a Marine Scout/Sniper and making us all look bad. I wrote the guy to expose him as a wannabe and this was his response.

Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 18:30:06 EST
Subject: Re: Sniper?
To: stamarine@yahoo.com
i'm sorry the info u got was wrong i was a seal in the storm(Desert Storm)

I guess being a Scout/Sniper was getting old for him.

shurefire
4 January 2000, 15:04
See guys-what he meant was that he was a SEAL in the Shit (Bull Shit) . What a disgrace..

josepy
4 January 2000, 17:14
"In the storm"? Then clarifies what the "storm" is.

FAKE!!!!!

LOCHNESS2
5 January 2000, 11:03
It is quite sad when somebody has to lie about what they did in the military. It is honorable enough just to serve our country. Too bad they have to say they were somebody that they were not. They are either wannabees or never-to-bees.
LOCHNESS OUT

Mike
5 January 2000, 13:44
Yes. Too many wannabees. Too bad the VA doesn't check veterans' military background. A lot of federal personnel offices don't either - they said it is discriminatory or "so what".

RKW
5 January 2000, 18:32
LOCHNESS, amen about the pride of serving your country. I hope I get the chance to serve my country someday. Take this for what you will from a 16 wanna-be or gonna-be or whatever.

RKW

[This message has been edited by RKW (edited 01-05-2000).]

SSD
5 January 2000, 20:34
Hey Fred, you still out there?

What ever happened to that sh!t bird, HM2 Paul D.Husen? (Wearer of the Trident, NC, 2SS, BS, PH's etc.) I heard he was getting tossed out of the Navy but never heard if you guys got to string him up. Any info?

LOCHNESS2
9 January 2000, 03:58
RKW
I hope you get the chance also. If not, be the best man you can be. Being a great leader in the U.S. is not only in the military but also in the civilian community. Don't ever just "get by". Try to excell in everything you do.
LOCHNESS OUT

josepy
9 January 2000, 18:38
PAYS TO BE A WINNER! Sits above my desk right next to a photo of Lance Armstrong.

SILENTOP
13 January 2000, 11:08
I was just wondering if any UDT's were captured during the Vietnam war? The reason I ask is that there is a guy that goes to my church that says he was a frogman(UDT) in vietnam and was captured along with a couple of marines in a village. He says he was questioning the villagers while the marines set up security, soon after this the village was surrounded with VC and he along with the marines were captured. He said after being tortured he escaped, came back the next night and blew up the house he was captured in. I can't remember his name but it won't be hard to get. Does any of this make sense?

SILENTOP

josepy
13 January 2000, 17:39
I don't know too many Vets let alone Vietnam Vets who openly talk about combat with just anyone.

I have an uncle who was a Ranger in Nam and it was until I went to "The Storm" (See post above, it is funny) AND after I told him of an situation did he share anything with me.

Be careful with those who openly tell tales. Besides who would admit to being captured anyway?

Frog
13 January 2000, 21:53
No Frogmen were ever captured in Vietnam. Please provide his name and we can check if he even was in the Teams. Also ask him which class he graduated from and his command.

Mike
14 January 2000, 00:18
to SILENTOP,
No SEALs were captured or MIA but 43 SEALs were KIAs during the Vietnam War. The book, Stolen Valor (which exposed Frank Dux as a fake SEAL), included a list of all POW (including those who returned).
Let the profs (Like Captain Bailey handles this Church guy), especially if his exploits were written in the local hometown newspaper.

SILENTOP
14 January 2000, 11:35
I know no SEAL has ever been captured. I was just wondering if the same was true of the UDT cause guy didn't stay in UDT when it was switched to SEAL Teams. I'm working on that name should have it by next week.

SILENTOP

LOCHNESS2
15 January 2000, 10:20
Mike,
Frank Dux said that he was a Force Recon Marine, not a SEAL.(wrong on both counts). As for SEALS never being caught during Vietnam, do research. I have a family member who was a SEAL in that time who was unfortunately (sp?) held for some time against his will. take care all.
LOCHNESS OUT

Mike
15 January 2000, 23:56
The name of your family member, please. The UDT-SEAL musuem and the Special Warfare Archives would know beforehand.

Fred
16 January 2000, 01:33
Unless you're talking about him being held by the shore patrol for bad behavior, i believe I smell some BS.

LOCHNESS2
22 January 2000, 06:53
Fred, I hope that you are not calling BS on my note. I am sure that you have read my previous posts and know that I am for real. Unit integrity(sp?) is one thing, but to call out somebody who obviously knows what he is talking about is something totally different. Take care.
LOCHNESS OUT

Fred
22 January 2000, 13:02
Let's hear the name and the circumstances surrounding his detention. From all the conversations I've had with Vietnam era frogs this incident seems to have gone unnoticed by them as well. Why does the fact that I don't necessarily believe a post have to translate into questioning someone's integrity? Lochness, does that mean because you were a Recon Marine I must automatically believe everything you say? Perhaps I could have substituted the term conflicting accounts for BS for the overly sensitive amongst us. Either way, I'm interested in finding out the truth on this one. Either your information is erroneous or more than a few vets are practicing selective recall. Every single frogman I've talked to regarding SEAL POWs says the same thing, "It's a definite way to spot a phony, because there were never any SEAL POWs". Maybe now you can see why I couldn't let your assertion go unchallenged.

[This message has been edited by Fred (edited 01-22-2000).]

LOCHNESS2
23 January 2000, 05:46
Fred, your posts are well thought out and intelligent. I did not question your integrity. I said "unit integrity", meaning pride in somebody's unit. I am sure you have heard of "SEAL hunters and Recon hunters". They were the Vietnamese teams strickly looking for those teams. Yes they were next to impossible to find, but Murphy's Law comes into effect. Take care.
LOCHNESS OUT

Fred
23 January 2000, 17:58
Lochness, I'm still waiting for a name and circumstances surrounding your POW story. A hazy reference to Recon hunters isn't enough to go on. Please don't cop out with "it's classified", I'm real interested in getting to the bottom of this one.

LOCHNESS2
26 January 2000, 03:03
Fred, I have talked to him and asked him many questions. His stories used to be exact, but when I told him that former UDT/SEALs were interested in the story, he sounded very suprised. I am also now very reluctant to believe his story. I am still trying to get answers from him. I will inform this net when I get more answers. One point, he is not a direct relative so I have no problem calling BS on him either so please believe me that I will let ya'll know the moment I find that his story has changed. Distant family member or not,lying is not tolerated.
LOCHNESS OUT

Mike
26 January 2000, 15:54
Say, LOCHNESS2, are you either Steve Waterman or R.D.?

SILENTOP
27 January 2000, 15:21
I have the name of another SEAL I'm curious about his name is Donnie Moore. Any records on this guy? I'm still trying to get the guys name who said he was a POW in Nam. I'll let you know when I do.

SILENTOP

Fred
27 January 2000, 15:51
There has been no Donnie or Donald Moore to graduate BUD/S. However, if Donnie is merely a nickname it wouldn't have shown up. If you want 100% accuracy make sure the first name is correct. Also, Lochness is neither RD nor Steve Waterman, he is a former Marine.

Jack Ryan
27 January 2000, 18:42
Can anyone do a quick check to see if a Brandon Moore has ever graduated BUD/s. He said he went through BUD/s about a year ago and that he is attached to ST3.

Jack Ryan

trident86
27 January 2000, 21:21
No "Brandon Moore" on my list. Any "moore" info about this guy?

bobman
28 January 2000, 02:07
anybody ever graduate with the last name of Childress?

Jack Ryan
28 January 2000, 16:03
To Trident86,

He was here in Richmond a while back. Said he was at Ft. Lee learning how to pack parachutes. Is this part of Seal training.

Other than that he just said he is from San Diego and attached to ST3. I don't know if this helps, but he looked to be about 20 years old. I'll try and get some more info. Thanks for the help.

Hey, Trident86 give me an email when you get a chance.

Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan
28 January 2000, 18:09
To Trident86,

My fault! His name is Brandon Moody. All the other info still the same. Sorry for the mix up.

Jack Ryan

jw
28 January 2000, 18:43
Jack,
EOD and SEAL's as well as support personnel (and possibly SBU?)can attend a one month Special Operations Riggers course at Ft. Lee.

srff
29 January 2000, 13:24
To Bobman, There was a Chidress who graduated BUD/S with me (179), WHy?

bobman
29 January 2000, 15:39
He lives in my town, and I heard of a rumor that he used to be one, so I decided to ask someone. I haven't asked him, and he hasn't said anything about it to me when I have been around. Does his first name begin with "K"?

srff
29 January 2000, 18:36
no it starts with an S, and the guy I know is still in I think. Last time I saw him was in 98.

Fred
29 January 2000, 18:50
bobman, no Childress with the first initial K. has ever graduated BUD/S, and therefore was never a SEAL.

srff
29 January 2000, 18:57
Fred, good job with the opsec. This place is an opsec nightmare.