PDA

View Full Version : Level 1 Anti-Terrorism Awareness Course now required on DoD contracts

bmbsqd
13 October 2011, 20:00
Heads up....Many may not be aware of this requirement, but if you are on a US Govt project on a fed installation, you must complete the Level 1 Anti-Terrorism Awareness course. All of UXO Techs must now have the course as a condition of employment. It's free and after the course you get a certificate to provide to your employer with a serial number to put on your resume as a recent cert.

Here is some info:

Anti-Terrorism Level 1 Training
Department of Defense (DOD) policy requires that all DOD military and civilian personnel and supporting defense contractors receive an anti-terrorism/force protection (AT/FP) briefing before travel to any destination outside the United States (except Guam and Midway Island). Companies contracting with DOD must provide their personnel working on contracts outside the United States with AT/FP awareness information commensurate with that which DOD provides to its military and civilian personnel and their families.

Via DOD Website: Access https://atlevel1.dtic.mil/at/ (https://atlevel1.dtic.mil/at/) to complete the Anti-Terrorism Level 1 training. Email your certificate of completion to your sponsor or N-Code Executive Assistant.

Via TWMS: If you have a current Department of Navy email address, you can complete the anti-terrorism training through the Total Workforce Management Services (TWMS) system.

Hot Mess
14 October 2011, 01:57
Meh, it takes more time to click through the slides than it does to answer the questions. I wonder how long until everyone who drives on a DoD installation has to do that drivers safety thing; ok, I'll drive no more than 8 hours before I pull over and sleep:rolleyes:

BomberJosh
14 October 2011, 09:59
I thought it was odd when they asked for my cert before I deployed thank god I already had mine complete for my annual Marine training requirements and just printed off another cert. That along with about 15 other classes takes a good few days of work time to sit, click and test through every year.