PDA

View Full Version : Silent-1


Attila175
1 December 2003, 19:44
Who are you and what is your background. Please post your credentials.

Scorpion6
1 December 2003, 19:51
131 posts and just now getting carded?

Matchanu
1 December 2003, 19:51
I'd like to know as well.

Silent Fart
1 December 2003, 19:53
I'm a nobody:( . I just have an interest.:)

I have no credentials.

Just feel sorry for some folks that ask legit q's and all they want is an answer.

No need to mess w/ me. I'm cool.:cool:

Scorpion6
1 December 2003, 19:55
He's cool.

CPTAUSRET
1 December 2003, 20:02
Originally posted by Silent-1
I'm a nobody:( . I just have an interest.:)

I have no credentials.

Just feel sorry for some folks that ask legit q's and all they want is an answer.

No need to mess w/ me. I'm cool.:cool:

Silent-1:

This is for you, read and heed:

http://www.socnetcentral.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26381&highlight=Profiles+Please+read

Terry

Silent Fart
1 December 2003, 20:02
Hey, I didn't mean to cause a stink.

Like I said, I think he asked a simple question and people come down hard on the newbie's.

I hardly ever post, just lurk so feel free to "ban" me if you feel that I have "violated" a rule.

I don't think that what I posted warranted this kind of response.

Oh well.

CPTAUSRET
1 December 2003, 20:10
Originally posted by Silent-1
Hey, I didn't mean to cause a stink.

Like I said, I think he asked a simple question and people come down hard on the newbie's.

I hardly ever post, just lurk so feel free to "ban" me if you feel that I have "violated" a rule.

I don't think that what I posted warranted this kind of response.

Oh well.

Read the link I provided, it applies to everybody:

Terry

Attila175
1 December 2003, 20:35
Silent-1

My problem with you is that most of your posts are questions about "what pistol/body armor/condom do the SEAL teams use?". On occasion you pipe in and answer sombody else's question, something you have no right to do. Just because you have read some magazine article (you have mentioned articles in several of your posts) does not make you an authority. Let those who know answer. Also do not criticize BTDT's for not answering these questions in a maner approved by you. This web site is FOR the BTDTs. Lurk all you want but please make questions intelligent and pertinent. Do not answer questions you do not have first hand knowledge of.

Silent Fart
1 December 2003, 21:01
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TM Reich
[B]Silent-1

"what pistol/body armor/condom do the SEAL teams use?".

That was funny.:D

Most of those posts your refering too are about three years old.

I have nothing against any of the BTDT's.

It seems like if you're not a BTDT or part of the "clique" you get slammed for even posting. That's what i disagree with.

I've noticed ALOT of BTDT's that had extensive knowledge in the SpecOps and shooting communities do not come here anymore.(They didn't mind answering simple Q's and had respect for everyone)

I wonder if they feel the same way I do.

Oh well, things change and shit happens.

Scorpion6
1 December 2003, 21:15
that by just doing what you are asked and posting something, whether you're a BTDT or not usually takes the flame from under your ass and keeps the Big Black Shithook at bay. And that by continuing along a similar vein such as the one that we are now in, usually results in the opposite of the previous listed.

Just an observation. I mean, what do I know? I'm only a SOCNET Corporal and you are a SOCNET Sergeant. And you've been here for three years.

Hmmmmmm...

Silent Fart
1 December 2003, 21:25
Originally posted by Scorpion6
that by just doing what you are asked and posting something, whether you're a BTDT or not usually takes the flame from under your ass and keeps the Big Black Shithook at bay. And that by continuing along a similar vein such as the one that we are now in, usually results in the opposite of the previous listed.

Just an observation. I mean, what do I know? I'm only a SOCNET Corporal and you are a SOCNET Sergeant. And you've been here for three years.

Hmmmmmm...

I'm sorry, but I don't care what my "status" is here. It's a FUCKING internet board.

Like I said. I don't post much. Some folks reply just get their post count up. I don't.

fish78
1 December 2003, 21:27
Originally posted by Silent-1
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TM Reich
[B]Silent-1

"what pistol/body armor/condom do the SEAL teams use?".

That was funny.:D

Most of those posts your refering too are about three years old.

I have nothing against any of the BTDT's.

It seems like if you're not a BTDT or part of the "clique" you get slammed for even posting. That's what i disagree with.

I've noticed ALOT of BTDT's that had extensive knowledge in the SpecOps and shooting communities do not come here anymore.(They didn't mind answering simple Q's and had respect for everyone)

I wonder if they feel the same way I do.

Oh well, things change and shit happens.

Have you ever given consideration that the transformation in mood, tone, tenor and attitude on this board might be directly related to the attacks of 9/11? Also, have you ever wondered where those of whom you speak are at this moment? Is is possible some are doing things that might have some impact on the war on terror? Just a few things you might wish to ponder.

Scorpion6
1 December 2003, 21:32
My point, which I think was obvious, was that you have lurked here for a long time. Enough time, in fact, to know how this show operates.

And this is not just another internet site.

That was about a dumbassed assumption if there ever was one. Do you not actually read here? Or do you just read what you feel is important to you? Understand this; This site is important to US, you and your opinions are not.


Well, maybe Sir Sneaky cares, but he has a special way of showing it. I'm sure that you will amuse him too.

Azure
1 December 2003, 21:36
Originally posted by Silent-1
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TM Reich
[B]Silent-1

.

It seems like if you're not a BTDT or part of the "clique" you get slammed for even posting. That's what i disagree with.

.

Thats because this is their website, this is their board, they come here to meet with many of those that they served with, and so on. If you disagree with it get out, they don't give a fuck what you disagree with, be satisfied that they share some of their knowledge with you. They went through the hell not you, so they have every right for slamming you.

Talk to Jeff is you have more problems.

As for filling out your profile i don't understand whats so hard about it, they just want to know who you are and what you do.

Stan.

Scorpion6
1 December 2003, 21:41
This seems to be a rising epidemic around here. As I look into my crystal ball, I see a bright future. A future where if you post before you fill out your profile you will be delivered unto the Gods of War.

Or at least smited heavily.

Or slapped with a rubber chicken. I don't know, this damned crystal ball gets fuzzier every time I take a drink from it.
No wait, its a crystal BOWL.

Silent Fart
1 December 2003, 21:43
Originally posted by Scorpion6
My point, which I think was obvious, was that you have lurked here for a long time. Enough time, in fact, to know how this show operates.

And this is not just another internet site.

That was about a dumbassed assumption if there ever was one. Do you not actually read here? Or do you just read what you feel is important to you? Understand this; This site is important to US, you and your opinions are not.

This is not the only board on the net that has BTDT's.

This is the only board that the(some) BTDT's treat people like shit.

And no, I don't read every post. I don't have the time and I do have a life.

fish78,

Yes i do think about that, but a question about a pistol does not violate OPSEC, so I think his question could have been answered differently.

Scorpion6
1 December 2003, 21:44
RUBBER CHICKEN!!!!! RUBBER CHICKEN!!!!!!!

fish78
1 December 2003, 21:49
Originally posted by Silent-1
This is not the only board on the net that has BTDT's.

This is the only board that the(some) BTDT's treat people like shit.

And no, I don't read every post. I don't have the time and I do have a life.

fish78,

Yes i do think about that, but a question about a pistol does not violate OPSEC, so I think his question could have been answered differently.

You don't know, what you don't know. There is likely more to the Sig situation than you know about, there may be things that do not need to be discussed on an open forum...it is not about being rude to some FNG, its about letting those who actually know, make the decissions as to what is appropriate discourse in their world.

Royal Highland Fusilier
1 December 2003, 21:51
I smell a smackdown.

Scorpion6
1 December 2003, 21:53
WITH A RUBBER CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silent Fart
1 December 2003, 21:53
Originally posted by fish78
You don't know, what you don't know. There is likely more to the Sig situation than you know about, there may be tings that do not need to be discussed on an open forum...it is not about being rude to some FNG, its about letting those who actually know, make the decissions as to what is appropriate discourse in their world.

The pistol thing is nothing secret.

I wish some of you were around when Tom owned the site.

Silent Fart
1 December 2003, 21:56
Originally posted by Royal Highland Fusilier
I smell a smackdown. :rolleyes:

fish78
1 December 2003, 22:05
I know you think that you know the story about the transition from the M9 to the Sig, well, maybe you do. Maybe you don't. That is not important, what is important is that what is considered open information in time of peace can easily become an OPSEC issue in time of war. BTW, I WAS here when Tom owned the site. Do a search from about 9/12 or so and note Jeff's admonition regarding OPSEC...The FUCKING rules changed on that day in September. Get it, or get lost.

socket
1 December 2003, 22:05
Originally posted by Silent-1

I wish some of you were around when Tom owned the site.

I was. So were a good portion of the admins. What difference does it make?

Scorpion6
1 December 2003, 22:12
But I respectfully did what I was asked anyway. Seemed the thing to do, seeing as how it was requested by the people that run this site. And I have great respect for my brothers here.

C-M-R
1 December 2003, 22:41
Originally posted by Silent-1
This is not the only board on the net that has BTDT's.

This is the only board that the(some) BTDT's treat people like shit.



That subject has been brought up before and the consensus was that the way they do things is good the majority of the time and it's the way most prefer it.

The deal with profiles is when you say something or answer a question then it's nice to know who's saying it. What's the background behind that person? Have they actually done anything in area they are giving advice about? What's qualifies them to speak on the subject?

You go to the doctor or to see a lawyer and you'll notice they usually have their diploma hanging on the wall. It's supposed to be proof they know what they are talking about. Well, this is an internet as you pointed out, but there are people who look to this board for solid, hands on information.

I agree that some jump on the band wagon when it comes to giving grief. Most of them are idiots who never did a thing, but want to get in there with the big dogs and bark. "Look at me! Look at me! I said something crappy but clever." Maybe they think it'll get them noticed or invited to join some mythical club.

I don't see this as one of those times. You should have filled out your profile. You've been here long enough to know that it's part of being a member. When you got called on it you could have done it, pm'd TM Reich and been done with it. You chose not to which leads me to think you have an agenda.

Teutates
1 December 2003, 22:54
Originally posted by Silent-1
I wish some of you were around when Tom owned the site.

So fucking what? You sound like 3 year old.

Count your blessings I don't own it sweetpants, cause you'd be history.

As another BTDT has already told you, fuck off.

brewmonkey
1 December 2003, 22:59
Originally posted by Silent-1
I'm a nobody:( . I just have an interest.:)

I have no credentials.

Just feel sorry for some folks that ask legit q's and all they want is an answer.

No need to mess w/ me. I'm cool.:cool:

No your not.

Buaya Darat
1 December 2003, 23:00
Silent-1, don't go away mad, just go away.

Jimbo
1 December 2003, 23:05
Originally posted by Silent-1
I wish some of you were around when Tom owned the site.
I was and work with him now. Shut yourself.

Sneaky SF Dude
1 December 2003, 23:32
1) His user name needs to be changed. He's neither silent nor a one.
2) You are not the OPSEC manager for this board.
3) Nobody said anything to him but "Who's got popcorn" and "Suggest you post in The Lounge first".
4) You don't determine what falls under OPSEC and what doesn't. You have no credentials for it.
5) You are a guest - heed the rules.
6) You don't know what you are talking about, only what you read in a magazine.
7) We answered his question.
8) We don't need you De Opressor Libering - its hard enough to find someone to pick on these days. Thanks for volunteering BTW.
9) How old are you?
10) If "you're sorry, but I don't care what my "status" is here. It's a ***** internet board." Why don't you leave. Its more than that to us.

I usually try to be nice to people, but I don't like you and you've upset my Team Sergeant. Show yourself the door, Mr. Expert. Either that or sign the paper and put on the ruck.

"you may never be asked to defend icy mountaintop positions, infiltrate desert encapments or lead amphibious assaults." LOL

Its "encampments" and you obviously have not done any of it.

Sneaky SF Dude
1 December 2003, 23:34
11) Have you considered college?

C-M-R
1 December 2003, 23:41
Originally posted by Teutates


Count your blessings I don't own it sweetpants, cause you'd be history.



Sweetpants? Sweetpants? What the hell happened to ass hat or ass clown? Are the kids reading over your shoulder or something? I know, you have the keyboard on "voice" don't you?

GackMan
1 December 2003, 23:57
Originally posted by Silent-1
Just feel sorry for some folks that ask legit q's and all they want is an answer.

it was a dorky, airsoft commando, spent too much time on militaryphotos.net, gun show commando sales line "SEALs use this exact model of Sig" kind of question... that is why everyone started jumping GlenS's shit on that thread.

maybe it could have been posted in the firearms forum? or the lounge?

but the fact that he asked it in the SEAL forum... never mind... what the hell do I know? where is my beer.

Sneaky SF Dude
2 December 2003, 00:01
Originally posted by GackMan
that is why everyone started jumping GlenS's shit on that thread.


I did it because there was this guy in prison named GlenS, and he...well never mind.

Axe
2 December 2003, 00:05
Age Profile checked,,,,,,,,,,over 18.............

Silent-1, have you considered any of the fine opportunities for employment being offered by ARNSH, Inc?

Sneaky SF Dude
2 December 2003, 00:08
The Helmet is here. I bet we could a good user name change now.

Special Forces
2 December 2003, 00:30
Originally posted by Silent-1
This is not the only board on the net that has BTDT's.

This is the only board that the(some) BTDT's treat people like shit.

And no, I don't read every post. I don't have the time and I do have a life.

fish78,

Yes i do think about that, but a question about a pistol does not violate OPSEC, so I think his question could have been answered differently.

Here is what I think, and I have opined on this before.

Your question is to satisfy some idle curiosity of yours. You want me, or another BTDT, to stop playing with our kids, helping with their homework, or just enjoying our personal time to answer your question, and you want it done yesterday. You have no creds or what I would call a "need to know", you lack the common courtesy to fill in your profile, and cannot be troubled to do a little research, but you demand a reply, and right now! Jeez, you don't even have to drive to the freaking library anymore, you can Google 98% of the knowledge in the world from your home computer.

I have chosen to answer the questions on SOCNET I feel are reasonable, from a respectful poster who has taken HIS time to complete his profile, and only in response to a question which cannot easily be answered by research and which appears to be relevant to the poster, as a minimum, and preferably to many who might have the same question.

People who PM me with such questions usually get responses or a point in the right direction.

When you go to professionals with knowledge, like a Doctor or a lawyer, and you want them to take some of their time to answer questions, they charge you money for it. Since this is free, you may or may not get the answer you wish. I don't work for you, take orders from you, or really even care if you like it or not, I choose when, to what, and to whom I reply, not you, the person wanting something from me.

Anytime you feel like you are being treated poorly here, you are free to go. As a BTDT, I can honestly say that we will not miss you for long, and you will probably be back anyway, after you find that the SEAL Master Chief answering your questions on the other, friendlier board is in reality, a 14 year old Airsoft/paintballing warrior who has a friend of his, whose Uncle said he once met a guy who knew a Green Beret's Mom, but she wuz 2 hype 4 U.

One additional thing that doesn't help, is when people who are not qualified to answer, do so anyway, just to be heard. This is a waste of time as well, since they are frequently wrong, and have to be corrected.

Good luck regardless, and have a great evening.

TR

Silent Fart
2 December 2003, 00:38
I think this all got blown out of proportion.:mad:

I was just trying to cover a newbies ass.

I was refering to Tom because it seemed like there was a lot less "slamming" folks when he moderated.

Ok OK, I'll leave the pistol shit alone. OPSEC or Not.:confused:

And to answer some questions.

:D

I've never claimed any mil. background.

I'm 23 years old.

I have a good job now.(No need for college)

I'm a shooter.

I have nothing but respect for you guys and what you've done.

P.S. I think DCH tried to PM me but it didn't go through.

GackMan
2 December 2003, 00:44
Originally posted by Sneaky SF Dude
I did it because there was this guy in prison named GlenS, and he...well never mind.


that would be pushing... not jumping... in a prison kind of way.

C-M-R
2 December 2003, 00:58
Originally posted by The Reaper


Your question is to satisfy some idle curiosity of yours. You want me, or another BTDT, to stop playing with our kids, helping with their homework, or just enjoying our personal time to answer your question, and you want it done yesterday. You have no creds or what I would call a "need to know", you lack the common courtesy to fill in your profile, and cannot be troubled to do a little research, but you demand a reply, and right now! Jeez, you don't even have to drive to the freaking library anymore, you can Google 98% of the knowledge in the world from your home computer.



I love this answer! It's dead on what I hear at home when I ask questions. I'll ask something about SF and some of what that entails and the very first thing I get asked is "Who's asking and why do they want to know?" If I have to say "Uh, some guy who thinks SF is cool and that's all I know." the answer I get is "Tell him Standard 7th Grp Reply."

There are times I'm surprised at how patient the SF guys here are with posters. Even if they tell you the answer can be found by using the search function it's bette than what you'd get at my house.

Doogie320
2 December 2003, 09:19
Someone just get the aviation wing of SOCNET to warm up the Chinook. I'm growing tired of bullshit like this. Ass clowns that don't respect the rules of a house that isn't theirs? Fuck them and bring on the black chinook.

BTAR

Matchanu
2 December 2003, 10:20
Key ryst! what the hell did I miss?


If you read the post shitbag, you'll see I'm being nice to him, in fact, trying to stop the slamming. It was a question I answered I felt was as complete as I think is approprate to a puplic board.

You don't have the time or knowledge to even comprehend what the hell is OPSEC and what isn't, and your information is erroneous at best.

O.K. tell you what, here's a little tip for you. When a BTDT has put out information, even if you think it's not enough, you need to stop. See that was nice, and a lot nicer than I should be.

Your attidude sucks, The admins are being nice by only changing your status and name, I would have shitcaned you.

Think before you open your cock holster, or we'll cover your ass in honey and blow the bear whistle.

Sneaky SF Dude
2 December 2003, 10:38
we'll cover your ass in honey and blow the bear whistle.

Classic line!

And the potential variants are virtually infinite!

Very well done Matchanu. 9.2 minimum

Sabre07
2 December 2003, 10:46
Originally posted by Matchanu

Your attidude sucks, The admins are being nice by only changing your status and name, I would have shitcaned you.


As intended, this sentence is effective.

As WRITTEN, it is a new form of punishment.:rolleyes:

jsmurphy
2 December 2003, 13:54
LMAO, Sabre.

"You are hereby sentenced to 50 lashes with the shit cane"...:D