PDA

View Full Version : Possible poser


CAL
19 May 2004, 19:37
Howdy gentlemen. I have a situation that I hope you all can help clear up for me. First of all, let me begin by saying that I am a paratrooper but not a Ranger and know virtually nothing about it so bear with my ignorance on the subject.
Upon being hired at my job, my boss found out about my military background and being a paratrooper. We would shoot the shit about the military, etc. and he told me about how he was a ranger, etc. and how he's done secret shit that he can't talk about. For awhile I thought it was cool to meet another paratrooper, let alone a ranger, but lately some stuff has my BS meter pinging. First of all he claims that when he left the rangers they gave him his sniper rifle as a gift. I don't know if this is a standard practice, but it seems to me that this is rather odd, if not illegal. He also says that he can't be taken to the doctor/dentist by anyone if they are going to put him under anesthestia because he may say things that are top secret. One last thing is that he says he went to ranger school in '87 but doesn't know his class number. He also claims to have been stationed at Hunter Army Airfield with the ranger batt, but instead of saying 1st Batt, he says he was with the first of the five oh something or other. (I forgot) It was my understanding that if you were in a ranger unit, it was simply 1st, 2nd, or 3rd batt. I hope I'm not being presumptuous by posting here to ask for some help with this. I'm more than happy to PM his name and anything else of help. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

SN
19 May 2004, 20:00
I am not a Ranger (but I did stay at a Holiday Inn near Ft Benning), Bull Shit. There is no way they would give him "his" sniper rifle as a going away present. I'll let the Ranger address the other stuff, but if it looks like bull shit, and smell like bull shit, then it probably is bull shit.

Odin's Underling
19 May 2004, 20:21
This guy is the real fucking deal. Have him send me a PM. I'd love to chat with some 1st Bat guys. Maybe he got the sniper rifle that was promised me when I left Battalion. I can only go to Walter Reed Army Hospital when I have a medical situation where I am to be put under. Have him touch base with me real soon.

Lurch
19 May 2004, 20:31
Total Bull Shit
I’ll call him at your work on a conference call if you’d like

RangerCharlie
19 May 2004, 20:33
sorry, but he is BS.
Hunter is the right place, but his other stuff doesn't make sense.

To bad..he was probably a soldier of sorts that has scroll envy..

Ranger Manges
19 May 2004, 20:35
Originally posted by Odin's Underling
This guy is the real fucking deal. Have him send me a PM. I'd love to chat with some 1st Bat guys. Maybe he got the sniper rifle that was promised me when I left Battalion. I can only go to Walter Reed Army Hospital when I have a medical situation where I am to be put under. Have him touch base with me real soon.

I agree, we must know him.....if he got my rifle, I'm going to be pissed, that's about the time they were giving away all the old XM-21's. You never got your rifle either? must be because you pissed everyone off when you left

CAL
19 May 2004, 20:36
I forgot to add one thing. A friend of mine that has been to his house says that in his "trophy room" he has a couple of maroon berets but no black berets. I figure that a ranger wouldn't have anything BUT black berets around. What would the best way to unequivically bust this guy out for being a poser without giving him "outs" in his stories. When I looked up his name on Mil.com it came up with 2 guys by the same name but as 95B as the MOS. Also, for clarification, the stories of the rifle and the hospital thing are 2nd hand. They were relayed to me from one of his drinking buddies. I can't really confront him with these stories alone because he can obviously say something to the effect of "That's not what I said", etc. which is why I asked him what his ranger class number was but he didn't know. He said they didn't have a special number they used when he went through in '87.

Ranger Manges
19 May 2004, 20:40
Originally posted by callison16
I forgot to add one thing. A friend of mine that has been to his house says that in his "trophy room" he has a couple of maroon berets but no black berets. I figure that a ranger wouldn't have anything BUT black berets around. What would the best way to unequivically bust this guy out for being a poser without giving him "outs" in his stories. When I looked up his name on Mil.com it came up with 2 guys by the same name but as 95B as the MOS. Also, for clarification, the stories of the rifle and the hospital thing are 2nd hand. They were relayed to me from one of his drinking buddies.

I would love to meet him too, why not invite him here?

RangerCharlie
19 May 2004, 20:40
You'll have to ask Joe about the Maroon Berets, I don't know which one he kept :)

Don't do anything to bust on you at work, it's not worth that.
He will slip up eventually, just keep him talking. Ask to see this rifle, he should have it mounted somewhere. Or a picture of it or something with him in it.

CAL
19 May 2004, 20:43
Originally posted by Ranger Manges
I would love to meet him too, why not invite him here?
I'll definitely invite him under the guise of "hey, some rangers I met at socnet wanted me to invite a fellow ranger there for some good times". One other thing that pops into mind is that he claims to have known several of the rangers killed in Somalia (RIP) with TFR.

Kurt V
19 May 2004, 21:32
Why do all the bullshitters all start off saying "I know secret shit that I can't tell you." I'd come back with "If you know state secrets motherfucker why are you even telling me you know secrets?"

I suspect he may have been in the 82nd as everyone refers to the battalions there by battalion and regiment. For example 2/504, which I was in, we always just called it 2nd of the '04. What a jerk off.

CAL
19 May 2004, 21:35
Originally posted by Kurt V
I suspect he may have been in the 82nd as everyone refers to the battalions there by battalion and regiment. For example 2/504, which I was in, we always just called it 2nd of the '04. What a jerk off.
Are ranger batts or have they been in the past (from when he was in) referred to as outlined above (1/504 for example) or has it always been 1st Rgr Batt, 2nd Rgr Batt, etc?

Longrifle
19 May 2004, 22:08
Originally posted by callison16
Are ranger batts or have they been in the past (from when he was in) referred to as outlined above (1/504 for example) or has it always been 1st Rgr Batt, 2nd Rgr Batt, etc?
Wouldn't that be rich, a dude says, "Yep, I was a Ranger with the 2d of the seven-five." Please let it happen here.

Didn't know his class number?:rolleyes:

Dark Helmet
19 May 2004, 23:11
Originally posted by callison16
He said they didn't have a special number they used when he went through in '87.

I was in first batt 86-89 (along with a couple other guys on here) and went through Ranger school in 1987. I should know him. What is his name? PM me if you like.

Attila175
19 May 2004, 23:24
Originally posted by Longrifle
Wouldn't that be rich, a dude says, "Yep, I was a Ranger with the 2d of the seven-five." Please let it happen here.

Didn't know his class number?:rolleyes:

I have actually told people I was in 1st Battalion, 75th Infantry. If they know what the 75th really is, then I will talk more about it. If they dont know then I dont have to put up with a bunch of bullshit questions or stories about their "ranger" brother/cousin/friend at someplace like Ft Polk.

BackInTheDay
20 May 2004, 08:15
I have never met anyone..period. who could not remember their class date.

well I do have one friend here that answers, "the second one" when you ask him what Ranger school class he went to.

That, my friends, is old shcool.

G8rRanger
20 May 2004, 10:51
I was figuring the guy was 82d as well who went through the School, but if he doesn't know his class number, my BS meter would be bouncing off the peg. That should be, like, burned into your brain if the thing meant anything to you at all.

I have a guy at work here who "can't remember his class number" either. I know a lot of his background stuff checks out but an ADA ossifer in the 82d...would they burn a Ranger School slot on him? And why dooesn't he know his fricking class number? I'm still slowly but surely digging into this one. (Slowly because he "outranks" me by a couple of pay grades.)

Not sure what I'll do if I find out he's got no tab, but I betcha he doesn't.

RangerWinnie
20 May 2004, 11:05
Originally posted by BackInTheDay
I have never met anyone..period. who could not remember their class date.

well I do have one friend here that answers, "the second one" when you ask him what Ranger school class he went to.

That, my friends, is old shcool.

I remember both of my class numbers. lol

G8rRanger
20 May 2004, 11:08
I keep pictures of both of my classes. Lots of good men in 3-83. Wish I hadn't screwed the pooch.

CPTAUSRET
20 May 2004, 11:19
Originally posted by Ranger Manges
I would love to meet him too, why not invite him here?

CONCUR!

Terry

RsovRanger
20 May 2004, 11:29
I didn't even graduate hooah school and *I* remember all the class numbers I got integrated into...

dublo
20 May 2004, 15:35
Sounds to me as if this guy has just read him a couple of books that he didn't quite understand. Sounds like he is trying to claim that he was in the 5307 C.U.P., but that would mean that he was a really old fart.....went to Silly school in 87, yeah that makes him an old fart, but not old enough. I don't think that this guy ever went.

FlatBlack
20 May 2004, 18:48
He also says that he can't be taken to the doctor/dentist by anyone if they are going to put him under anesthesia because he may say things that are top secret.

I've been looking for a Spec Ops dentist. This would explain why Rangers have so many problems with their gums when they get out of the Army (or maybe its for some other reason).

I feel sorry for anyone who has a life so lacking in adventure that they lie. Just do it for real!

Sucks to be your boss but I have to hand it to the guy, the quote up top is pretty creative. If there were some big risk of Rangers entering an altered state, well...

carpaul20
20 May 2004, 20:37
Originally posted by RsovRanger
I didn't even graduate hooah school and *I* remember all the class numbers I got integrated into...

hahaahaa, right there with you, I have a few also.

Joker
21 May 2004, 08:31
Originally posted by Attila175
I have actually told people I was in 1st Battalion, 75th Infantry. If they know what the 75th really is, then I will talk more about it. If they dont know then I dont have to put up with a bunch of bullshit questions or stories about their "ranger" brother/cousin/friend at someplace like Ft Polk.

That’s funny because I do the exact same shit for the same reasons except I say that I was in Alpha One Seven Five.

Powitetrash
1 June 2004, 22:18
callison,
If the guy said 1/504 in 87 give me his name I may know him. I do remember the names of the tabbed snipers from that unit but none of those guys would be claiming ranger batt now.


Also, do any of you 1st Batt guys from 90-91 remember a Doc Freeman. A black guy who probably wore an 82nd combat patch. Now claiming to have PCSd to 1st Batt after Panama.

CAL
1 June 2004, 23:48
Originally posted by Powitetrash
callison,
If the guy said 1/504 in 87 give me his name I may know him. I do remember the names of the tabbed snipers from that unit but none of those guys would be claiming ranger batt now.


PM SENT!

preacherkeith
6 June 2004, 10:08
It would be my joy to meet this person. I read a book on rangers and snipers. There was a picture of ranger manges in the book do that make me a sniper & a ranger...LOL...We must meet with this master shot. how bout the 1000 yds line @ dawn...
This is rich...
Preacher Out

CAL
17 June 2004, 10:30
So would a HUGE flag be the fact that he doesn't know his ranger class #? From what I've read, EVERY ranger knows his class number. Even if it was from '87? What are some questions I can ask him to undoubtedly prove he's a douche? BTW, when did they take out the desert phase?

Farmer40
17 June 2004, 11:10
I continue to wonder at folks using whether or not a person can remember their Ranger Class # as an indicator that that person is a poser. Until I saw one or two of those types of posts on this and a few other boards I couldn't have told you what my Ranger Class #, BAC roster number(or class #) or my SFOC class #'s were on a bet. Learning that these numbers validated my qualification I pulled my Ranger graduation orders, no class number but there was a date (Jul 1966) which leads me to believe my class was 7-66.
Not knowing a class number may be a flag but it's not proof of any sort. The real indicators are the answers that include the "secret squirrel" language. Ninety nine percent of those sorts of answers are BS meter peggers. If some guy tells you he can't tell you what he did in the service it's not because what he did was classified. It's because that's what he wants you to think.

B 2/75
17 June 2004, 11:21
Ask him:

Name a couple of the mountains that he struggled up while on patrol in the Mountain Phase... Yonah or Sassafrass will do.

Is the Worm Pit a part of the Darby Queen? No.

How many steps are on the center of the log in the log walk rope drop? Two up, two down.

What must you touch before dropping on the rope drop? The Ranger Tab.

Where is Camp Darby? Fort Benning, GA.

Where is Camp Rudder? Eglin AFB, FL.

How many stories tall are the barracks at Camp Darby? You stay in tents when you're not out in the woods on patrol.


These simple questions are ones which ANY real RANGER can answer. However, a Ricky Ranger will likely as not fuck them up.

Have the greatest day ever!

BiblioRanger
17 June 2004, 12:12
Originally posted by Farmer40
Learning that these numbers validated my qualification I pulled my Ranger graduation orders, no class number but there was a date (Jul 1966) which leads me to believe my class was 7-66.

Farmer 40,

All pictures from Ranger School are here

http://www.benning.army.mil/rtb/RANGER/photo/photo.htm

Sorted by years and class numbers.

Maybe you can find yours.

dublo
17 June 2004, 12:17
If I run into someone that claims they were in Bn. I always ask them to name the Colonels of the Regiment/ RSMs is usually a good test.

I don't care when you were in, you sure as hell know these things, as they are actually required to know in RIP. Even before RIP was actually begun, you knew who the commander was.

People can buy T-shirts, coins, and it is unreal the amount of names and shit that they can find on the internet, but I have found that they just can't fake the knowledge of basic things that every Batt-boy knows.

CAL
17 June 2004, 12:24
Originally posted by Farmer40
I continue to wonder at folks using whether or not a person can remember their Ranger Class # as an indicator that that person is a poser. Until I saw one or two of those types of posts on this and a few other boards I couldn't have told you what my Ranger Class #, BAC roster number(or class #) or my SFOC class #'s were on a bet.
I don't know about ranger school class numbers or BUD/S class numbers, which is why I asked. I must agree that I don't remember my BAC class or roster numbers, only C 1/507, so I can't assume POSER if one doesn't remember that. I don't even know where to find said info as it is not on my FB (USAIS) Form 99 or on my orders......

RogMan
17 June 2004, 17:15
I don't remember my class #.

I do remember walking 14.7 miles through the worst snowstorm of the century, with socks on my hands and another sock shoved down my pants.

Jan92 time frame.

SmokeMe11B
17 June 2004, 19:36
One thing i can say about Georgia, THE GOD DAMN FIRE ANTS KILL YOU at the HAAF !!!:eek:

SmokeMe11B
17 June 2004, 19:39
Originally posted by RogMan
I don't remember my class #.

I do remember walking 14.7 miles through the worst snowstorm of the century, with socks on my hands and another sock shoved down my pants.

Jan92 time frame.

And another around my neck...shit talk about overlaping!

CAL
19 June 2004, 16:26
Well, today at work I asked him where Camp Darby is and he said "Where? Never heard of it." Then he called a buddy of his and found out that there is a Camp Darby in Italy that has 67th Trans. in it. Because of his answer I couldn't even ask him how many stories the barracks have at Camp Darby! HA! I guess this seals it? Every ranger would at least know about Camp Darby, right?

SmokeMe11B
19 June 2004, 19:29
The Benning Phase is executed in two parts. The first part conducted at Camp Rogers in the Harmony Church area of Fort Benning.

Second part of Benning phase is at Camp William O. Darby. Following the Benning Phase students are transported to Camp Frank D. Merrill, Dahlonega, Ga.

The third or capstone Phase of Ranger School is conducted at Camp James E. Rudder (Auxiliary Field #6), Eglin AFB, Florida.


DUHHH!!!! And i didnt even GO to ranger schooll! Ill always feel like a prude for not doing so....:(

If I could only turn back time.......

Uncle Fester
19 June 2004, 20:01
Originally posted by callison16
Well, today at work I asked him where Camp Darby is and he said "Where? Never heard of it." Then he called a buddy of his and found out that there is a Camp Darby in Italy that has 67th Trans. in it. Because of his answer I couldn't even ask him how many stories the barracks have at Camp Darby! HA! I guess this seals it? Every ranger would at least know about Camp Darby, right? hey if the dude is your boss just go on and let him think u believe him...once you bust him hell he could look for ways to get rid of you. he is a liar & dreamer so keep that in the back of your mind while working for him. look for other employment.

CAL
20 June 2004, 02:01
Yeah, I've got to watch myself as to what I say to him. One thing that makes me feel better is that I've spread the word about him to the folks in our department and they know he's a douche bag. But if the cat is ever let out of the bag, I'm not going to grow a big vagina - I'll tell him exactly what the deal is....

airbornelawyer
21 June 2004, 15:50
Originally posted by callison16
...he says he was with the first of the five oh something or other. See if he has a maroon beret with the 507th flash and a proud picture with that. I recall airborne grads going to leg units getting those photos so they'd at least have one picture of themselves in a beret. Then, years later, when talking to a nonmilitary person, they'd mention their time as a paratrooper with the 1st of the 507th. You'd probably have recognized that number, though, if you went to airborne as well.
Originally posted by G8rRanger
I have a guy at work here who "can't remember his class number" either. I know a lot of his background stuff checks out but an ADA ossifer in the 82d...would they burn a Ranger School slot on him? And why dooesn't he know his fricking class number? I'm still slowly but surely digging into this one. (Slowly because he "outranks" me by a couple of pay grades.)ADA officers assigned to units in direct support of infantry battalions are eligible for Ranger School under the current guidance. Before Gen. Shinseki narrowed the eligibility, almost any combat arms officer could get a slot if he wanted it, and even a staff officer in the 82nd or another light infantry unit would have a shot. And IOBC honor grads get Pathfinder slots, regardless of whether they will ever be asked to see a drop zone after the course, much less mark one.
Originally posted by B 2/75
Is the Worm Pit a part of the Darby Queen? No.

How many steps are on the center of the log in the log walk rope drop? Two up, two down.

What must you touch before dropping on the rope drop? The Ranger Tab.OCS candidates and IOBC cadets generally do both the Darby Queen and the log walk/rope drop/slide-for-life (my particular OCS class had a scheduling conflict, and did the ITB confidence course instead), so any number of non-tabbed and non-Regiment officers know the answers to those questions. We had a female candidate in tears over the log-walk, and we usually got challenged on OCS required knowledge rather than the Creed before getting permission to drop from the rope. For enlisted guys, thought, the questions might help separate the real from the fake.

Reaper375
21 June 2004, 16:10
Shit... just ask him if he remembers who Big John was, and what phase they would have seen him in. Big John had been around for a loooooong time before finally dying a couple years back.

CAL
21 June 2004, 16:14
Originally posted by airbornelawyer
See if he has a maroon beret with the 507th flash and a proud picture with that. I recall airborne grads going to leg units getting those photos so they'd at least have one picture of themselves in a beret. Then, years later, when talking to a nonmilitary person, they'd mention their time as a paratrooper with the 1st of the 507th. You'd probably have recognized that number, though, if you went to airborne as well.

I know he didn't say 1/504, 1/505, 1/507, 1/509. I would have known those. I also have my jump school picture and I went straight to an Airborne assignment. I would have picked up on that one.

BTW - when did the parachute harnesses transition into what we use today? In the old harnesses, was there a lanyard like this to release your equipment? I ask because he has no idea what it is and says that he jumped the old harnesses and they didn't have those.
http://upload.sh0t.com/stuff/lanyard.jpg

SN
21 June 2004, 17:29
Originally posted by callison16
I know he didn't say 1/504, 1/505, 1/507, 1/509. I would have known those. I also have my jump school picture and I went straight to an Airborne assignment. I would have picked up on that one.

BTW - when did the parachute harnesses transition into what we use today? In the old harnesses, was there a lanyard like this to release your equipment? I ask because he has no idea what it is and says that he jumped the old harnesses and they didn't have those.

That looks like a Single Point Release, and is different from the release I used in the mid 80's.

CAL
21 June 2004, 17:32
Originally posted by WSC Guy
That looks like a Single Point Release, and is different from the release I used in the mid 80's.
This guy would've been jumping from '87 to early 90s. When did they change harnesses?

Attila175
21 June 2004, 20:24
Originally posted by WSC Guy
That looks like a Single Point Release, and is different from the release I used in the mid 80's.

I thought it was the quick release laynard for the 18' ft. lowering line. It used to have to be taped down to prevent accidental release of equipment. They used to be commonnly sought after to use on key chains. Up until Nov 89 when I ETSed, we were using the air items that used to 18" attaching straps that were routed through buckles on the H-straps and attached to the D-rings on the harness.

SN
21 June 2004, 22:25
Originally posted by Attila175
I thought it was the quick release laynard for the 18' ft. lowering line. It used to have to be taped down to prevent accidental release of equipment. They used to be commonnly sought after to use on key chains. Up until Nov 89 when I ETSed, we were using the air items that used to 18" attaching straps that were routed through buckles on the H-straps and attached to the D-rings on the harness.

We had the nylon lowering lines at Ft Bragg when I arrived in Jan 83. The H-Harness release had the metal snap hooks, I thought this was from the SPHR because it had the two 550 cord loops at one end.

Longrifle
21 June 2004, 22:44
Originally posted by WSC Guy
We had the nylon lowering lines at Ft Bragg when I arrived in Jan 83. The H-Harness release had the metal snap hooks...
Used the same rig ten years earlier at Bragg. Guess they lasted a while.

Attila175
21 June 2004, 22:54
Originally posted by WSC Guy
We had the nylon lowering lines at Ft Bragg when I arrived in Jan 83. The H-Harness release had the metal snap hooks, I thought this was from the SPHR because it had the two 550 cord loops at one end.

If I remember correctly(and I was not a jumpmaster) the two loops at the end attach the laynard to the quick release buckle of the lowering line. The buckle had two "ears" on the sides of the release latch and the 550 loops went over them.

Ranger Manges
21 June 2004, 22:58
Originally posted by Attila175
If I remember correctly(and I was not a jumpmaster) the two loops at the end attach the laynard to the quick release buckle of the lowering line. The buckle had two "ears" on the sides of the release latch and the 550 loops went over them.

Roger, looks like the quick release lanyard from an HPT lowering line

CAL
22 June 2004, 00:11
It is the lanyard from the HPT lowering line - here is a pic of the whole thing. I would post the actual pic, but it's fuckin' huge and since I don't know how to make it smaller, you'll have to visit it at it's hosting site.
HPT Lowering line (http://upload.sh0t.com/stuff/HPT%20lowering%20line%20002.jpg)

magician
25 June 2004, 11:25
I also did not remember my Ranger school class numbers, but after I got on SOCNET, I had no problem finding my class picture.

I am pretty brain damaged, (maybe because I was recycled twice, being both a summer and a winter Ranger), so I now have my class numbers in my .sig.

Now even this old fuck can remember his class numbers.

Your boss is full of fucking shit.

Post his phone number. I will have Reaper375 give him a call and put the fear of the Big Ranger in the Sky in this poser.

We can ask him whether he prefers to shut his fucking cake hole and quit telling lies, or would he prefer that we place a paid advertisement in the local newspaper outing him.

His call.

bustedkidney
26 June 2004, 23:14
So Callison16 told me where this guy works (major national electronics store) and this afternoon I stopped by for a visit. I told him I was looking for a TV and the PX had one I liked but I was trying to find a lower price so that they would match it. The conversation went as follows (paraphrased)
ME: “I can get it tax free at the PX on base and they will match your price, so I just need a document describing the item and the price you offer it for”

HIM: “Oh right, so you can get it tax free”

ME: “yeah, were you in the military”?

HIM: “Yeah”

….He attempts to sell me the TV at the price printed with tax included, We discuss, he starts looking on the computer…

ME: “where were you stationed?”

HIM: “Hunter Army Air Field, with the First of the Three O’ Fifth Ranger Bn, from 84-89” (I can’t be sure on the dates he quoted me)

ME (pretending to have misheard him) “No shit, First of the Seventy Fifth, me too, I was there from 92-99"

HIM: “No, the Three O’ Fifth”

ME: “Ranger Bn???, Its the1st of the 75th”

HIM: “Yeah, 1st of the 305th of the 75th”

ME: “I don’t think it was ever called that”

HIM: “That’s what it said on our flag.”

HIM: “name drop”, (I didn’t recognize it and don’t remember it)

ME: “Nope never heard of him, did you now Doc Donovan?”

HIM: “nope, now I can get you that TV for $50 less than the quoted price”

ME: “Ill have to think about it, thanks for your time”

You all be the judge,


“1st of the 305th of the 75th, that’s what it said on our flag”

RangerRuss
27 June 2004, 00:09
Originally posted by bustedkidney
“1st of the 305th of the 75th, that’s what it said on our flag” [/B]

Our flag? Hmmm... That's funny. All the times I carried the guidon during Battalion runs I never saw that...

CAL
27 June 2004, 01:44
Friggin' great! That's the unit he tells everyone - 1st of the three o' fifth! I knew it was something crazy. I have never heard of any ranger unit referred to as something like that.

Sakzilla
27 June 2004, 11:29
Originally posted by callison16
Friggin' great! That's the unit he tells everyone - 1st of the three o' fifth! I knew it was something crazy. I have never heard of any ranger unit referred to as something like that.

Isn't the 305 a training support group at Benning? I bet they are proud of their mission and people and would not like some clown dropping their unit "flag" like this.



I've heard that if you once drove down a road that Rangers once marched on, that makes you a Ranger as well (and this way is less expense - you don't need the Government to truck and fly you around to all that training...) :D :D :D

Ranger Manges
27 June 2004, 11:40
Fire for Effect

Uncle Fester
27 June 2004, 15:18
guys the 1st of the 305th is a top secret unit that took mechanics, bolo'd ranger school wannabees, females and concienisios (sp) objectors for counter espionage and black operations in the middle east. mission for this unit was unknown until recently discovered by Jet magazine. that is all i can tell u at this time! All former members are guaranteed work at large electronic sales companies after their service and are not allowed to talk about their work in the army.

bustedkidney
27 June 2004, 17:36
The only thing I dont get is this guy took the time to research the unit location (HAAF) He got the Bn right (First) why would he be so stupid as to not get the right name of the regt.

On hind site I wish I would have asked him if he was in Delta company, Echo company or Foxtrot Co.

X-Army
27 June 2004, 21:16
You know, once, I ran into an SF Captain at the PX on Ft. Eustis...does that mean I pass the Q course? Pick me! Pick me!

Moron.

gusbrown
8 October 2004, 19:29
Originally posted by SmokeMe11B
The Benning Phase is executed in two parts. The first part conducted at Camp Rogers in the Harmony Church area of Fort Benning.

Second part of Benning phase is at Camp William O. Darby. Following the Benning Phase students are transported to Camp Frank D. Merrill, Dahlonega, Ga.

The third or capstone Phase of Ranger School is conducted at Camp James E. Rudder (Auxiliary Field #6), Eglin AFB, Florida.


DUHHH!!!! And i didnt even GO to ranger schooll! Ill always feel like a prude for not doing so....:(

If I could only turn back time.......

Spare me. Seems to me that in 86 we took a side trip out to Utah for a little R&R too. You know I remember my class name, I remember all the Rangers I served with in Battalion, but I don't remember shit about Ranger School (for the most part). They say you forget the bad parts.

Lurch
8 October 2004, 23:14
gusbrown
Check your PM box

Dark Helmet
9 October 2004, 01:23
Originally posted by Steve1/75
gusbrown
Check your PM box

Same here.