PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Sigarms Academy?

Massgrunt
23 May 2007, 20:22
I might take a course there, they have one that looks interesting and fits my schedule. What's their reputation? Thanks.

kpel308
24 May 2007, 00:12
Pretty damned good, from what I've been told. I would take a course there.

If I had my druthers, if it was for a plain ol' shooting course, I'd go to Thunder Ranch.

Massgrunt
24 May 2007, 14:06
Thanks. I'm looking at Sigarms for convenience sake, it would just be a day trip to knock a little rust off.

flagz
27 May 2007, 17:14
Massgrunt, I took the Sig Sauer Amorer's Course. Although I took it at a satelite location...the material was good. The intructor was very knowledgable, and very professional. Would definitley take another course from them. Just my two cents, but hope it helps.

Phil306
27 May 2007, 21:04
Massgrunt,

At the wrath of some, I will say this: Any shooting school which teaches unsighted fire, for ME, I wouldn't spend a dime. That is just ME and MY opinion. For what it is worth. Whether or not that is their overall philosphy and/or training doctrine. The fact is, they support such training.

Massgrunt
27 May 2007, 21:26
Yeah, I did see that. I agree it's questionable.

Finger
28 May 2007, 09:52
Unsighted fire.... under what circumstances and what distance? I would be curious to know.

Massgrunt
28 May 2007, 12:24
The only mention I could find was for extreme close distances.

flagz
28 May 2007, 12:49
I think it's for extreme close distances....like arm's reach. Maybe a double tap from the draw? What course were they talking about when they refered to unsighted fire?

The91Bravo
28 May 2007, 13:46
'unsighted fire' is defined as :
drawing ones side arm while hauling ass out of the AO and throwing lead back toward the fuckers shooting at your ass.....

It seems plausible.....