PDA

View Full Version : Sub-Gun Select fire school

team5medic
31 August 2007, 10:57
Hey folks

a LE buddy of mine contacted me today wanting leads on a good select fire school. his department is willing to send him if he can find a reputable company. any leads would be helpful. select fire here consist of red necks throwing 2-3 beer cans in the air and shooting them. not the class he is looking for. thanks in advance.

iraqgunz
31 August 2007, 15:17
I believe that H/K still does their sub-gun training course.

dfuzz1613
31 August 2007, 15:18
I'm not sure what state your buddy is in, but the NC Justice Academy has a guy from VA that teaches a sub gun instructors course. He also puts classes on in different states. His name is Phil Singleton. I do not personally know him or his training method, but seams to have a good following at the Academy.
You can check out his web page it's his name, all one word dot com. Or you can PM me and I will send you a link to his address. I think the course is 700.00

Silverbullet
31 August 2007, 15:23
I know Phil. He is GTG.

Run a search on his name and you should get a link to his training company.

ExSquid
31 August 2007, 23:24
For a LEO I would also recommend the NRA's Select Fire Instructor course. Nothing super sexy but the courses are well respected by the LE community and the NRA will back you up if you ever get drug into court.

x/S

sigma1
2 September 2007, 16:37
Not sure where you live but I meet some guys who run a school down in Florida Miami area. Not sure if I can post their website address but name of instructor is Adrew Blaschick. Name is Tactical Firearms Academy. I bumped into them while on R/R in Miami last week and they had a pistol course that i attended.
They also have a select fire course among other courses.
Also if anyone have any info on them let me know. Since they are the closest from where I am9 just a plane ride away) and I like to keep up my training I am planning to attend other courses.

Stay safe

Sigma 1

18C4V
2 September 2007, 18:14
Has your buddy attended any POST Certified firearms school yet? I would look into that before attending non POST Certified schools for liability especially if he gets into a officer involved shooting.

Guy
3 September 2007, 12:58
Take a look at Sure-Fire Institute (http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/strfnbr/10/pgname/instructors) They do MTTs also.

Stay safe.

Inspector Cluseo
3 September 2007, 13:29
I know Phil. He is GTG.

Run a search on his name and you should get a link to his training company.

+1
Know Phil as well and he is Go To Go
G

noslorob
4 September 2007, 14:51
Team5medic- I attended a Phil Singleton MP5/M4 Hostage Rescue/Drug Raid class earlier this year. Great training for the price, $550 for 5 days. Check him out, he is a big proponent of SMG's and a hell of a fun guy.

randomlycynical
17 September 2007, 16:35
I attended last years BW - H&K Subgun Operator course and it was on par for H&K. I never realized how vast their facility was and what they had to offer for their courses.

Would recommend this one for anyone who needs MP5 subgun quals.