PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Introduction In THIS Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

bryan2010x
31 October 2009, 06:43
Hi, I am Bryan and I am a former LEO who is currently working Corporate Security. I am interested in learning more about going overseas and know this board will have alot of information. I have been reading the posts and it seems like a great group of people. See everyone on the board.

Matty
31 October 2009, 20:42
Hey guys,

I'm Matty and running for NORFORCE Larrakeyah as a Reservist in the Australian Army.

I have a great passion for military history so this seems like a good place to discuss just that. Obviously I have never served with a special operations regiment, but might look into doing just that in the future.

Cheers.

Old_Starlight
31 October 2009, 22:23
Hey guys,

I'm Matty and running for NORFORCE Larrakeyah as a Reservist in the Australian Army.

I have a great passion for military history so this seems like a good place to discuss just that. Obviously I have never served with a special operations regiment, but might look into doing just that in the future.

Cheers.

Welcome Matty, PM sent.

Matty
1 November 2009, 01:53
Thanks, mate.

arcticbear
2 November 2009, 02:41
Howdy...I am a police officer in the great State of Alaska. I work for a small town PD on the road system after working 7 years in Bush Alaska. Want to know more just drop me a line.

arbninftry
2 November 2009, 20:48
Hi,
I was a former 11B in the 82nd, took a green to gold and went over to the dark side, was an 11A in 3rd ID. Was detailed into Military Intel (I never was that bright, so a screw up on the Army), and spent all my Intel time in 5th SFG(A) and training Iraqis on a MiTT. OIF x 2.
Currently contracting working on the FCS program and what it will be next for the Army in El Paso, TX.

random
3 November 2009, 12:53
Hello,

Senior at university interested in the field of counterterrorism as a career so I'm exploring options, gathering opinions, etc.

Hog03
4 November 2009, 11:43
Greetings I am new to the contractor world and find this forum a great resource. I was a Sergeant in the Marines as an 0311. I served in a boat company in the MSPF platoon. We deployed with Task Force Tarrawa 1/2 C CO to Nassariyah in March of 2003 and OIF II in '04-'05. I EAS'd and really miss my brother Marines but want to make more money. Right now I work in the ironworkers union and just can't relate to those democrats so your support is appreciated. Thank you for taking me on and giving me access to this great website.

Balls
5 November 2009, 13:50
Hog03, check your PM inbox.

pwr2al4
6 November 2009, 10:23
Greetings,
Glad to be aboard.
NYS EMT working out of NYC Sept. 2001-
Medical Student
BLS Instructor for healthcare providers
Med Reserve Corps

Looking hard at going .Mil after earning earning MD

Here to keep my head down and ears open, Especially interested in combat Medicine and Military Diving, since they both lend heavy influence to my work on the .civ side of the Rescue Diving/Emergency Med. field.

BNJS
6 November 2009, 13:28
I'm new to SOCNET and have to say it's an amazing site to get a lot of great info. Forgive me if I make a few mistakes in my first postings. Basic run down- Did 5 yrs as an MP and have just finished my 4th year contracting in Iraq. Always looking for a better paying gig. I"m currently on a static gig right now and basically joined SOCNET to make some connects and of course always open for good advice.

Great website!

lo-rolla
7 November 2009, 13:23
(hand salute).......
Greetings...I am much obliged to SOCNET's administrators for allowing me up their gangplank, further, I wish to offer my sincere thanks to each of them.
I sense a lot of wisdom here. (ready, 2)

I am former USMCR, field power and commo 1981-1987

Also, former, large metro area PD officer 1989-1994

Currently a one man op, constable/process service & licensed security agency.

Am looking to perhaps get into some contract work. I don't know what I'd qualify for (hence the callsign)

I have some ques. and would value any advice or suggestions.

I'll apologize now for any breaks in SOP while new here, I trust you'll "square me away" should the need arise..............

Thnx for your time,
l.r.

"Pa" Bess
8 November 2009, 11:59
Good morning! I'm a former Recon Marine/Diver (3rd Recon Bn 91' to 95'). I was in contact with RAT last weekend and he showed me the website. Just wanted to keep up with what was going on in the SOC. Miss the job!! It was a great time in my life!! Thanks to all of you are still out there!!! RIP to all those who have gone before us!! SALUTE..

RAT
9 November 2009, 22:43
Pa, good to see you here...

All don't let this young Hill Billy trick you... He may speak slow but fucker is quick as a whip. LOL

Pa was my dive locker NCO on the 31st. Did one hell of a job and our CO is now one of the MARSOC CO's.

Good times my friend.

RO!!!

mcclnjms
10 November 2009, 02:46
I had posted here once before, but it seemed to have vanished. I am just a guy from Oregon. Spent a few years in the USMC. Done some EP Work and currently run a small investigating and security consulting company. Happy- to be allowed on the forum and will likely not post much: there are far more who know more then I do here.

KimberChick
12 November 2009, 19:07
Former Navy aircraft mech, now working full time for the AF reserve as a Combat Arms Instructor. I have about two years until retirement. I am also a member of PS.com

sfmedicw9
12 November 2009, 19:15
Former Navy aircraft mech, now working full time for the AF reserve as a Combat Arms Instructor. I have about two years until retirement. I am also a member of PS.com

Damn I couldn't resist a screen name like KimberChick - are you married?

sfmedicw9
12 November 2009, 19:16
hey Broken , I saw you looking at her profile - lay off I seen her first

seagis
12 November 2009, 22:41
Hello, everyone.

I'm Seagis, and I hail from the small-ish town of Salem, Virginia.

I'd like to thank you all not only for allowing me to be a part of the board, but also (and more importantly) for stepping up and keeping civilians such as myself safe every day.

I don't expect to post much, but rather lurk quite a lot. For now, my ears and eyes are open and my mouth is shut.

CharlieRanger1FFV
13 November 2009, 21:36
I served with Charlie Company ( Ranger) 75th Abn Inf. 1st Field Force
Team 3-6. 70 - 71 RVN
Also served with 12th SFG

Currently teaching & coaching at a middle school in Ga.

Rhodes_Daniel
13 November 2009, 22:37
Hello,

My name is Daniel, I'm currently deployed to Iraq for the second time. I am a Sniper Team Leader in 10th Mountain. I have served as a Rifleman, RTO, Gunner, Gunner Team Leader, Sniper, Senior Sniper, and Sniper Team Leader. I have served 3 years and some change. I am going to get out after this deployment and I'm looking for good contracting names and positions to set myself up for success when i get out. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I believe in the quiet professional mentality and practice this as much as possible. I am a hard worker who knows his job and knows it well. I would love any info. or advice and knowledge you could share.
Thanks once again.

Respectfully,

Daniel

jrgong
14 November 2009, 03:42
Hello,

My name is Geoffrey, I'm 19 years old and have an interest in becoming an Army Ranger. I have thought about it for quite some time (over a year) to make sure the desire to become one was genuine. So far, it seems to be the case. Besides running a mile in middle/high school for the tests I never ran, so I'm currently training myself to meet RIP & Batt Standards.

floydjones
14 November 2009, 09:59
Hello all you have let me be apart of this forum! I won't do much talking, just listening but just thought I'd introduce myself.

2.5 years in the Air Force currently as a security forces airman.

mrjj
14 November 2009, 10:56
Good day all,

I was a Marine with 3rd Force Recon and am glad to be here. I have been doing various contract work and am trying to stay in touch with old friends.

Thai_Ranger
14 November 2009, 13:19
Hello everyone,
I served 20 years on active duty. Spent most of my young career in C CO 3/75 RGR from Sep '88 - Apr '98. Retired now and a happy house husband doing the overdue 'honey do' items I promise Household 6.

Ranger1
15 November 2009, 06:30
I served with Charlie Company ( Ranger) 75th Abn Inf. 1st Field Force
Team 3-6. 70 - 71 RVN
Also served with 12th SFG

Currently teaching & coaching at a middle school in Ga.

Welcome to SOCNET. Good to have you here.

Mick-boy
15 November 2009, 19:23
Hello all. I was an 0311 with 2/2 from 01-05. I've been working contract security in Iraq, Afghanistan and Israel since then.

Dodger
15 November 2009, 21:26
Hello all. Just received my long tab and 18E mos. I have about 10 years in the army with a deployment to Bosnia and Afghanistan, and just entering into the SOF community i am in for a steep learning curve. I am currently in the Guard and always have my eyes open for new learning experiences or job opportunities. So if you have any info, suggestions, or ideas please hit me up and let me know.

mixitup95
16 November 2009, 08:34
Hi,

Right now I am in the Air Force Reserve and going to college. This summer I am getting out of the Air Force Reserve and I am starting the Army ROTC program.

voodoo13
16 November 2009, 09:08
...in advance. Pleasure to finally be here as I have heard many good things about the the forum. Specifically the content but just as importantly the quick dismissal of "problems".

Quick history. Been in LE for 15 years..all of it in Mid-Michigan. First 8 years at a small, rural City department. I got bored, moved on and now serve with a large suburban department on the border of a shoot 'em up city known for its gangs and dope. Much better!

Was selected to our multi-jurisdictional Emergency Services Team 5 years ago. 20 man group from 6 agencies throughout the county. We stay pretty busy for our size with raids and warrant service and average about ten emergency calls a year. Selected to our sniper contingent about two years ago.

Thanks again for including me.

Voodoo

FireFlyer
16 November 2009, 22:51
Hi All,

I'm AD Army with 6 years in. Currently stationed at Lacklad Air Force base working with the Military Working Dogs...all hundreds of them. Been stationed with the Navy most of my Army career in Norfolk, VA and San Diego, CA, and now the Air Force.

I looked into this forum because of the application process I'm going through right now. Not really sure what it i yet, but it all started with a cryptic phone call from a recruiter in USASOC saying that he represents a program that might be interested in someone like me... so now here I go with a 19 page app, a flight physical, an SF 86, all my NCOERs and a waiting game...apparently to get psychologically evaluated. This is cool... but I can't wait find find out what the HELL is going on.

So here I am here, just looking to see what's up in the Spec Ops community!

pasta
17 November 2009, 22:00
Coming up on my 20, Active Duty USAF! Intel Analyst, best job ever, 55 RQS, DMAFB, AZ 2003-2005.

Jake0331
18 November 2009, 11:49
Good day to everyone,

I have been monitoring this site for years now and have just become a member. I was AD USMC for 4 years from 2004 through 2008 and was an 0331. I did two deployments to Iraq totaling roughly 22 months in country. During that time I had the pleasure of interacting with people from various SOF units on several occasions - always a great experience. Really enjoy the site, great resource. My footprint will be minimal.

Jake

Ace
18 November 2009, 14:02
Jake,

Out of sheer curiosity, what finally made you decide to join?

texmotorsports
18 November 2009, 16:48
hello all 1st post i just joined hoping to reconnect with some old friends and maybe meet some new ones as well. my name is richard groff .

Jake0331
18 November 2009, 17:44
I think mostly to look at the pictures. Kidding. Contemplating the military again after college - this is just another resource should I need something cleared up etc. I've still got lots of buddies AD so anything USMC related is not an issue but I know any Q's I have concerning another branch can be answer here. After an exhaustive search is conducted first, of course.

WGH0922
18 November 2009, 21:42
Retired from the Marine Corps in July after 24 years. Served at Marine Barracks Subic Bay Philippines, 1st Recon Bn, 1st Force Recon Co, Basic Recon Course and 1st MSOB and my 2 year "break" as a Drill Instructor. Currently a CTR at Camp Pendleton.

airbornedoc16
19 November 2009, 14:17
Former active duty signal and medical sergeant with 82nd(3-325) and 10th MTN(3-89 CAV) out of Ft Polk. Currently operating in the CENTCOM AO as a dirty, nasty contractor while also working as a 25C with an NG LRS unit.

DesertRider
19 November 2009, 14:51
Hello everyone,

For full disclosure, I am not a member of the SOC, I joined this forum just to add and verify information about a specific post.

I was an Intelligence Analyst for 8 years ('99 - '07) with my only overseas experiance being in Iraq from MAR '03 to MAR '04 (V Corps TAC) and NOV '05 to MAY '07 (contractor for the Joint Interrogation and Debriefing Center).

K38 Shawn
19 November 2009, 15:25
Hello All,
I registered to look at the great reviews readers have posted on books, makes it easier to decide if it's something I would like to purchase. Best to all serving/sacrificing and thanks for sharing.
Shawn

Serpent556
19 November 2009, 22:42
Started my military career with Bco 1/75 while we were still at Stewart. Worked for 1SG Carpenter, SSG Murphy and SGT Wingate. Made the move and jump into Hunter before Airfield Seizure was cool.

Took a break and volunteered for the Q Course and landed in 5th Group. Worked on several ODAs and remember when Mullholland was a Team Leader. Loved it but, needed more Bn life.

Reassigned back home (Bco 1/75) as a Weapon Squad Leader. My Son is now assigned in the same squad I use to lead. Took the PSG position and loved it. Back in those days, Big Army won't let you hang around to long.

Got sucked up in a SWC draft while trying to slip quietly back to Group. Worked three years at SOTIC and one year on the Weapons Comittee before reassigned back to 5th Group at the beginning of Desert Shield/Storm. Team Sargeant for the first Gulf War and Somalia. And then the wife started bitching...

Took an assignment with 5th SOSE as my swan song and deployed more there than on a Team. Punched out at 20 years...

My Son is currently serving in Battalion and I couldn't be prouder. The thing that kills me is that his squad looks at me like royalty while they are my true heroes. Thay are doing what we dreamed of doing for years. To all members of the Regiment, past and present, I salute you. I don't have much but, half of what I have is yours. You are my brothers... "5th Stanza of the Ranger Creed, repeat after me!!!..."

jj sloan
20 November 2009, 06:04
Hello everyone, I am an 18F with 19th SFG and currently working a contract overseas. I look forward to interacting with all of you in the future as I attempt to mitigate my boredom!

Docloco
20 November 2009, 08:45
Good morning all. Thank you to the moderators for approving my profile. I am a former US Army Combat Medic. I worked my way up the civilian ranks from EMT to Firefighter, and currently working as a Flight Paramedic on a helo.

Hankpac
20 November 2009, 10:27
Call me Ishmael.
No wait, wrong story.
Call me Hank.
I am a veteran of Tiger Force, 1/327, 101st Airborne, Div. 1968-69.
Retired Physician Assistant.
Former Mountain Rescue Paramedic.
Only registered here, to vet a guy who just moved to my community who claims to be a SEAL.
Verification is in process. So far no soap.
Thanks for doing this kind of work.
Hank
www.tigerforcerecon.com

Wndrlance
20 November 2009, 10:44
Hi everybody, im Lance, did a few years in 2nd RGR bn from 06 to Jan 09, then went over to 4-2 ID and currently deployed to IZ. If i have anything to contribute, it will be to the Crossfit areas or training up for selection.

Thanks for Having me.
-Lance

Reload
20 November 2009, 15:32
Good day to everyone,

I joined this site for more information on becoming a NAVY SEAL. It's something I've wanted to do since I knew what they were. I saw it had a great NSW section and decided I should join and possibly get some questions answered and become a part of a great community which supports the worlds greatest military.

Kris

Nolasco Rivera
20 November 2009, 15:58
Hello there,

Yhanks for allowing me to join socnet. I found this site so helpful for selected few men and women willing to share their knowledge and skills in this rare kind of business.

Again thank you so much and MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU ALL!!!

NSfirefighter
20 November 2009, 17:40
G'day everyone just joined i will tell a little about myself

I live in beautiful nova scotia and am hoping to become a sailor in the navy in the next year or so but I have to get some missing math credits before i can even apply (cursed math:mad:)

And if anyone was curious im hoping to become either a naval weapons technician or a boatswain.

dont know what else to say other then thanks for having me guys:)

NS

Zen
20 November 2009, 21:53
Hi gents. Thanks for having me here. Some of you know me from the sandbox (Zen ducks and zags as he hears a cocking noise LOL). Background: 7 1/2 years in the Marines, including SOG in Moscow after THAT fiasco. In fact I liked it so much I did four posts in one go on the program. Then the Yugoslav civil war thing. Knew Bob MacKenzie and his wife before Bob got eaten in Sierra Leone. Yes it was that recce team. Then 5 years 104th LRSD PANG while going to university. 4 years with the old TC. I have been a long time lurker here. For those that know me I prefer to read, learn, and not post. Cheers all.

Cass
20 November 2009, 22:19
Zen
Ah! A stronger and wiser voice has arrived on SOCNET. Many will sign up for your philosophy studies, SilverBullet, Ace, and several Mods. :p

Zen
21 November 2009, 18:09
Cass, thank you for the PM answer. Respectfully, Zen.

snooper079
22 November 2009, 00:56
G'day gentlemen. As I am new to this site, here is my introduction. I am current AUS Reserve soldier, 14 years of service. Spent most of my time in Commando Regiment as an O.R and have been very fortunate to have worked with a variety of SF groups. Currently going thru Royal Military College for Officer training. Thanks for allowing me to join. Regards, Paul.

Zilla
22 November 2009, 03:19
Hey warriors,

My name is Rose, I am a grateful patriot and a information sponge. I want to understand as much as possible about what is going on, what has gone on and what will go on with this war.

Through anysoldier.com I have been sending Marines carepackages. Then through a bout of serendipity, I have had the amazing opportunity to connect with some fine SEALS and Marine recons. I love getting the packages together and hearing from them. Its a small thing on my part and I look forward to shaking their hand one day.

Meanwhile, demanding that they come home whole, inside and out - offering up prayers and thoughts. I am small but feisty.

I read something on cnn.com the other day where a soldier stated that the people back home don't know that they are still over there. What the what?

Aghast at what I read, I started a blog, 'Letters To Troops' where I attempt to amuse, entertain, pretty much connect them with one persons goings on.

I wont post the link as I am not here to self promote. If someone is interested, please PM.

When I am not demanding that the higher power look after our men and women serving and healing, I am working on my first novel, reading, hiking, growing things and rebuilding my body from a coupla surgeries. Be strong, get stronger.

In closing, I love my country, also highly trained men in uniform. ;)

R

sunshine
22 November 2009, 18:04
Hello All,

Thanks for letting me join the site. I don't have any military background, but do enjoy reading the posts and look forward to learning more. It's unlikely that I'll post very often, but thought that I should probably get my introductory post completed just in case. I have worked in the automotive industry for the last 10 years and am currently working in the quality department of a tier 1 automotive parts supplier.

Thanks to all of you who serve your respective countries whether through military branches, local law enforcement, or fire services.

All the best.

charlietango
23 November 2009, 14:07
Hello everyone,
Im a police officer from Spain, pretty new to the job, and Im in its Counter terrorist unit, Ive sign up to read and learn all I can from those who have been in this business for a lot more than me.
Thank you very much for letting me join in, and congratulations for the web site.

Warpiper
23 November 2009, 14:14
Hello All,

Found this site several months ago, but I haven't gotten around to joining until now. I have no previous military or law enforcement experience. I am in the hiring process with U.S. Border Patrol. I grew up in southern Arizona and am still an Arizona resident. I served a two year LDS mission in Guatemala. I love this great nation and have a great respect for those that serve. I am a firearm enthusiast and enjoy the outdoors. I hope to one day be able to contribute here and not just leech off the wealth of information here.

slocombe
23 November 2009, 20:11
Hello,

I'm a new member here. I'm from texas and I just got out of school a couple of years ago. I don't have any military experience yet, but I want to work with new technology to support intelligence gathering and our military from the private sector. Pretty good technical shooter, avid rock climber and traveler. Look forward to learning and sharing with you all.

LS

Frank 25
24 November 2009, 12:34
First off I would like to thank you to all those that are serving and to those who have served in the military. I was enlisted in the US Navy and currently serving on a southern california SWAT team.

Albatross
24 November 2009, 13:40
USA 97-00 (drum)
USAR 00-02 (leavenworth)

live in KC.

LBCMAGTF
24 November 2009, 22:56
I am a former Marine 0331, 6433 and 4341. Veteran of Operations Earnest Will, Prime Chance, Desert Shield/Storm and others. I served with 13th MEU/Soc, MAGTF 1-88 among others. I served on active duty in the above operations from 86-92 home stationed at Pendleton but deployed around the world both on LPH's LHA's, Okinawa, Korea and the Phillipines. More sea time than alot of Sailors. Semper Fi brothers..

I<3Navy
25 November 2009, 09:19
Active duty CT from '93 - '97. Supported various operations during my time. Used to be extremely active on the military.com boards. Just got busy over the years.

Now work on the government contracting side of the house supporting IT services ande support for a fortune 1000 company. I deal mainly with program and operation management with a little business development.

I'll do a lot more reading than I do posting. However am going to vet a name.

shadow walker
25 November 2009, 11:51
Active Duty 69-75 USAF. Former CCT.

Stump
25 November 2009, 17:17
Thanks to everyone for serving our great country.

Former Active duty Marine (1989-1995) MOS 2675(Russian Linguist)/9962 (Parachutist), served in Radio Reconnaissance Platoon, 1st Radio Battalion (when it was in Hawaii!). Deployed with 31st MEU(SOC) (1992-1993) and 15th MEU(SOC) (1994) to Asia, Africa, and Middle East. Joined Reserves for a while (1996-1999) with Co. H, Marine Support Battalion (Medina AFB, San Antonio, TX).

Currently a Deputy Sheriff/Detective with a Sheriff's Office in Sioux Falls, SD. Member of the Swat team since 2000, serving as entry team member and sniper. (Sounds cooler than it is - we get called out maybe once a month.)

Semper Fi

Estes
25 November 2009, 18:33
I found this site while searching for information and advice for aspiring Navy EOD techs, finally got around to registering. I've already learned a lot and look forward to hopefully contributing to this already incredible wealth of knowledge. Thanks.

krakolucko
25 November 2009, 18:53
I was in 10th Moutain Div. from 00 - 04. Did a year in Afghanistan. I am now in LE in Northern California, and have been for the last four years.

DRS
26 November 2009, 05:39
Good Morning
Found this site while searching one nite and discovered it would be the way to lay to rest allegations made by someone who claims to have been a Navy Seal.The stories he tells are quite unbelieveable.I do thank you for all your help in laying this matter to rest,Have a Great Day. DRS

dayusmc8152
27 November 2009, 15:49
Marine Corps from 1994 to 2002 MOS 0311 and 8152. I was on Mardet Ike, tad FAST co, and Mardet E. Currently working on getting into Marine OCS.

registered here, to vet a guy who is in my community who claims to be a SEAL.

baxterbarton
27 November 2009, 21:44
I'm 16 and I want to join a branch of the military, I'm still somewhat undecided, and I need help getting in shape.

Grateful Civilian
28 November 2009, 18:44
Hello ladies and gentlemen. I stumbled on this site about a year or so ago and have enjoyed reading your perspectives on current events. Regretfully, I have no military or law enforcement experience. I am just a civilian who loves and supports our military.

I hadn't intended on ever registering, but I felt compelled to do so after reading about the SEALs being brought up on charges. If a legal or other sort of support fund is established, I would like to contribute and felt it would be easier as a registered member.

By way of introduction, I am a 40-something daughter of a Navy vet...Dad was in what used to be called the crash crew, is it still referred to as such? I live and work in the People's Republic of Massachusetts, work being financial services.

I likely will not intrude much but I do want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your service and sacrifice, those of you currently in harm's way are always in my prayers.

Thank you to the Administrators for approving my membership. Regards to all of you.

zx10rbuild
29 November 2009, 01:27
i am an active duty sgt in 1st msob. i have various schools. i love my job.

Hiking Dad
29 November 2009, 15:28
I'm returning to the board after a year away. I used to log in as Sig 229.
Left and missed the chatter here. Had to give into the urge and come back.

Hello again.

ab04
29 November 2009, 15:35
I was with Prior service 11B, one year OIF III. I'm alnow a corrections officers.

chuz417
29 November 2009, 21:22
Hey whats going on everybody, joining the Navy soon and getting qual'd up to get orders to Basic Underwater Demolition SEAL Training. I am a member on various SEAL websites...just looking to get all the information I can on becomming a SEAL someday. Looking forward to it.
thanks in advance
Chris

machsoldier
30 November 2009, 07:01
Active Duty Army SSG looking for some info on getting in better shape and info on Reclassing from Aviation to Civil Affairs.

thanks,

Jeremy

kap
30 November 2009, 10:17
National Guard SPC with 1 tour OIF 08-10. Just got back in May and itching to return back to Iraq. I came here to vet someone who claims to be a SEAL. I also hope to read and gain useful information from all the other members. I however, may not be able to contribute much from myself.

MSgt Wilson
30 November 2009, 14:47
Hi, everyone it's nice to be on a good thread with others who are and who have served in this countries armed forces.

ryansf
30 November 2009, 17:18
My Name is Tim. I have served seven years in the military with 5 being an 18C. I am getting out now and am looking for different employment oppurtunities. I appreciate all help in this venture. Thanks

PrairieFive-oh
30 November 2009, 20:23
Hiya, long time lurker here; former Canadian infantry rifleman, recce patrolman, jump qual'd, then finished up as an MP. I did see active duty exchanged to a UK unit. Now I'm a cop assigned to patrol and tac team; looking to rejoin the reserve MP's for deployment. (If Recruiting ever gets its act together that is.)

Wombat37f
30 November 2009, 23:09
Greetings all,
I'm a newbie E-4 37F, USAR. Currently still in the starry-eyed stage, in love with everything PSYOP and everything Army. Looking forward to an upcoming deployment to A-stan.

shaz
30 November 2009, 23:30
I swear I've done this once before, i don't know what happened to it...

I'm in the Air Force on the Delayed Entry Program. I ship on august 1. I am hoping to be in Special Forces Pararescue. I realize i must be in outstanding physical condition to do this, and i'm working out as often as i can while still keeping up with school and holding a part-time job. My recruiter gave me a 9-week workout plan. Only problem is: it's only 9-weeks long.

Any advice on how to pretty much become a MONSTER before BMT would be much appreciated. I'm always checking the fitness thread.

-Konner

stanpunjabTrini
1 December 2009, 00:05
What worked for me was LSD (long slow distance running) and work on upper body strength (pull ups). In Marine boot camp, pull ups were a beach and that was my weak link but over time, I got up to 45!
Long slow distance running builds up mitochondrial oxidative capacity (calf muscle complex and allows you to meter breathing potential) through said habitual activity. Leave out the speed quotient for now.
My worst 3 mile time was 22 minutes (preboot camp) but my best was between 16.30 and 17.30 (1 year later) I did periodically hover to about 18.30 at times!

lowercasecaps
1 December 2009, 10:12
Hello there. My name's Mike and I served in the Swiss army in 07/08. I've been reading here for years and finally got around to register.

Ace
1 December 2009, 11:34
....I am hoping to be in Special Forces Pararescue. I realize i must be in outstanding physical condition to do this.....

They don't call it "SuperMan School" for nothing. Best of luck.

akuilan
1 December 2009, 17:09
Hi,
I am a retired Sgt. from the NYPD. My last assignment was in the Terrorist Interdiction Unit. I found this site when I was vetting an individual who claimed to be a SEAL and found out that you guys were already on it.

TheHix
1 December 2009, 19:05
Hi, my name is Dan, I'm 24, and an Air Force aviator. I'm looking to Interservice Transfer to the Army or Navy, so I'm trying to gather as much information as possible about different Spec Ops Forces as I begin the fight for them to let me go. Thanks for the resource.

letsrace
2 December 2009, 03:05
Hello All, I am the wife of a Marine Sniper who served in Vietnam. We have been married almost 8 years now. But up until a couple of weeks ago, I didn't know much about his time in the Corp other than when/where he served and although he is proud and respectful of anyone's military service, he loves the Corp. He never really wanted to talk about it other than to talk in generalities about the country, people, cultures, language, politics, etc involved during that era. Nothing specific about his job and if he did, the words would be less than this intro already is. I never did ask him about it or push when he did talk. I always felt like if he wanted to I would listen, but if not, that was between him, God and the men he served with.

Anyway, cutting to the point. My husband is very sick right now. About 2 months ago his Dr. started talking to us about the possibility of needing a heart transplant. Monday was our first visit/class at the transplant hospital. He will be evaluated next week to see where and if he is healthy enough to go on the UNOS list and the week after we meet with the team and Dr. to get his rating and see if he goes on the list or has to be sent to any specialists to correct issues before going on the list.

Thru all of this he has been able to continue working, although he has come to the point he really needs to stop, we cannot be without health coverage and secure funding for the transplant or they will not list him. So we started researching what to do and I suggested checking into his VA benefits..... it took him two weeks to "think about it" before he told me to see what I could do. He does not have a copy of his DD-214 so I sent off for that and his OMSR, but that is going to take a few weeks. This amount of time feels like an eternity to me when the physical changes I watch in him, daily, are so dramatic.

Since then he has given me a little more incite as to what he did and I started researching on the internet the ops things he was describing. That is how I came across this site and, as someone else said on one of the posts, it is "addicting". So far, I have learned more here about understanding my husband than 3 days of searching on the internet. We have 3 pre-k kiddos and I know someday they will start asking about what daddy did in the Marines. I want to be able to tell them with pride instead of "I dont know, that was before we were together." And I am also trying to see how to address any issues that may arise throughout the VA claim process by listening to others who have been there done that.

I promise I will read more and post less. I do realize that this intro is longer than most but I felt you guys that had been here a while needed a little more background so I didnt appear to be just another lurker. I apologize ahead of time if I ask any stupid questions. I will try to think before I post. Thank you all for your service to our country!

echo4_papa
2 December 2009, 14:11
Been a few years since I've been on here, US Marines HMM-264 Black Knights.
Working in the defense industry and logistics.

www.internationalstability.com

Rip V Winkle
2 December 2009, 16:13
Hi everyone, my name is J. I'm prior Navy, FC1 (SW/AW) who joined the Army via the Blue to Green program. I spent 9 years in the Navy with the NEC - 1121 (Close In Weapon System - Phalanx) and deployed twice. I came into the Army to attend Officer Candidate School back in September 2006. I currently have my packet in for Civil Affairs and I'm eagerly awaiting the results due out sometime early next year.

Units:
1997 - 1999 - Navy Recruit Training (basic) and subsequent schools for the Fire Controlman pipeline
1999-2001 - U.S.S. Peleliu (LHA-5)
2001-2003 - U.S.S. McClusky (FFG-41)
2003-2006 - St. Louis MEPS
2006-2008 - Army OCS and subsequent schools
2008-2009 - 101st ABN DIV

Deployments:
1999 - Western Pacific - Spent time in the Gulf, pulled out earlier to assist with the U.N. efforts of East Timor, Indonesia during their Civil War
2002 - Southern Pacific - Counter Narcotic Operations, part of the ships 12 man Ship's Self Defense Force, who did Vessel Boarding, Search & Seizure operations
2008 - OIF - Baghdad; ran Logistic Convoys and Barrier Movement Operations

3rdschulz
2 December 2009, 17:00
Prior service Army 11B Infantry, completed my IRR time in 2008. Currently a civilian Paramedic looking for oversea's work.

marks971
2 December 2009, 21:03
I am an Air Guard Technician with the 280th Combat Communications Squadron in Dothan, AL. We are the only Combat Comm for AFSOC in the ANG.
I PCSed to the unit on 11-11-07 after the 225th CBCS was closed. I have been in the ANG 25 yrs, 10 yrs as a technician. Been deployed a few times

1990 - Thumrait, Oman/Desert Shield
1996,97,99 Rovings Sands, Elpaso, TX
2000 Eskan Village Riyadh, KSA/Operation Southern Watch
2001 Prince Sultan AB, KSA/Operation Southern Watch
2008 Kirkuk, Iraq
2009 Stuttgart, Germany/Special Operations Command Africa/Special Signal Detachment

Mark

raysmc1
3 December 2009, 04:09
2nd Post hope it is ok

Was 0311 for 7 years, been to Iraqi freedom and Iraqi freedom 2.

US marines 2002 -> 2009

vbc, Iraq now as contractor.

boston038
3 December 2009, 14:44
Served 4yrs USN as TM. Served most of that time at NAS SIG Weps. Have been working since then in fed law enforcement for past 7yrs.

lookowt1
3 December 2009, 14:53
first post, referred by a friend and am currently employed in the U.S.Govt with the US Marshals Service and serving with SOG. I am also a Chief in the reserves with EODESUONE Coronado formerly EODOSU1 EODMU7. 16yrs active 6 years reserve.

db9505
3 December 2009, 15:41
Hello everyone one, this is my intro to SOCNET. I am 18 and I live in honolulu, HI. My father is a Master Chief stationed at NAVSTA Pearl Harbor, and my mother is a director of a Non-profit organization on MCB Hawaii. I am on SOCNET to learn more about the different US Special Operations Forces, and also because my father has worked with different aspects of SOF throughout his career. Currently I am preparing for college, and am going to be going into either the Navy, Army, or Marines after I finish my degree. Well I guess that is it.

Richard
3 December 2009, 17:37
Finally taking the time to check in as directed.

I was drafted in 1970, took the SF option while in BCT at Fort Ord, AIT at Fort Leonard Wood, BAC at Fort Benning and, after SFTG, assigned as a Medic on ODA-714, SFT-36 & JCRC, ODA-742, and ODAs-9 & 7. Went to OCS and IOBC at Fort Benning, then DET CDR ODA-726 and ODA-724, ODB-720 XO, ODC-71 ASST S-3, IOAC at Fort Benning, Bootstrap, Tower Branch Chief 4th ABN TNG BN and then HHC CDR and ASST S-3 1-507TH at Fort Benning, CAS3 at Fort Leavenworth, Bootstrap, Am-Embassy-Bonn and OACSCMO-21ST TAACOM in Germany. I retired in 1993.

We settled in Dallas, Texas, where I then taught World History and World Geography, and was a high school principal for 13 years until retiring last year. I now just sub at a few local high/jr high schools and tutor high school students in all subjects when I feel like it and am not traveling with my wife.

Life is good.

CPTAUSRET
3 December 2009, 18:05
Finally taking the time to check in as directed.

I was drafted in 1970, took the SF option while in BCT at Fort Ord, AIT at Fort Leonard Wood, BAC at Fort Benning and, after SFTG, assigned as a Medic on ODA-714, SFT-36 & JCRC, ODA-742, and ODAs-9 & 7. Went to OCS and IOBC at Fort Benning, then DET CDR ODA-726 and ODA-724, ODB-720 XO, ODC-71 ASST S-3, IOAC at Fort Benning, Bootstrap, Tower Branch Chief 4th ABN TNG BN and then HHC CDR and ASST S-3 1-507TH at Fort Benning, CAS3 at Fort Leavenworth, Bootstrap, Am-Embassy-Bonn and OACSCMO-21ST TAACOM in Germany. I retired in 1993.

We settled in Dallas, Texas, where I then taught World History and World Geography, and was a high school principal for 13 years until retiring last year. I now just sub at a few local high/jr high schools and tutor high school students in all subjects when I feel like it and am not traveling with my wife.

Life is good.

Richard:

Life is good, indeed! I believe I know you, es verdad?

If so, welcome aboard!

srtdoc
4 December 2009, 09:16
good morning to you all from Miami, FL

I became a police officer in 1994. Went to the department's Special Response Team (SRT) school in 1997 and went to the team shortly thereafter as a sniper. 6 years ago I cross-trained and became a Firefighter/Paramedic and stayed on with SRT as a reserve. I have been serving with the team as the team medic for about a year now and trying to get a full time swat medic program off the ground. Was referred to the site by an 18D co-worker of mine. He said this was a great site to stay fresh with current info.. So here I am, hope to learn a lot from all of you

x175Ranger
4 December 2009, 09:47
Hello all, I am Ronnie Sebren, a former E5/Team Leader [11B2V] from Bco, 1st Ranger Batallion, 75th Ranger Regiment. My old barracks roommate from 1276N HAAF, GA, told me about SOCNET so here I am. I was at 1st Rgr Bn from 94-98 and now reside just outside of Dallas, Texas. I was on the USS America in '94 for the Haitian drive-by and went to Cobra Gold in '95. I got my tab with class 10-95 and did JOTC in '96. I made E5 in '97 before tarmac rearranged my right knee so I ETS'd in '98 with an honorable. RLTW!

~wifey
4 December 2009, 13:40
Hello from beautiful SoCal!

This board was recommended to me, in reply to a request for naval oriented boards. I'm raising my part of the next generation, and helping a friend dispose of her husband's estate. He collected inert ordinance, and I have some 3" USN rounds I hope someone wants.

I read a lot on the board last night. Never have I had to read with an acronymm dictionary in hand LOL. It so refreshing to see a board not be concerned with being politically correct.

I never enlisted, and did receive a draft registration notice or two when they were only issued to men (I never figured that out, unless they routinely sent them to women, too), but everyone around me served somewhere. Best friend, brother, husband, dad, all uncles, cousins & great uncles. I have a lot of Army Air Corp and Air Force pilots in my family, and get togethers are great. There are those who trained and those who flew in battles. The competition is fierce!

~wifey

Ranger1
4 December 2009, 13:56
Hello all, I am Ronnie Sebren, a former E5/Team Leader [11B2V] from Bco, 1st Ranger Batallion, 75th Ranger Regiment. My old barracks roommate from 1276N HAAF, GA, told me about SOCNET so here I am. I was at 1st Rgr Bn from 94-98 and now reside just outside of Dallas, Texas. I was on the USS America in '94 for the Haitian drive-by and went to Cobra Gold in '95. I got my tab with class 10-95 and did JOTC in '96. I made E5 in '97 before tarmac rearranged my right knee so I ETS'd in '98 with an honorable. RLTW!

Welcome to SOCNET Sgt. Sebren. Got your PM. Stand by.

Dirtygoat123
4 December 2009, 16:56
Hello everyone,

My name is Kris I have been in the Marines for 9 nine years as a 0311 and with MTT’s, with multiple tours in Iraq and Africa. I now work in Finance and go to NYU, I have been looking for potential work in the Federal or Private security sector and came across this awesome site. Currently as I write this I am sitting at my desk job in NYC miserable and for a multitude of reasons I have decided I need to take my life in a new direction so here I am; I am however very lucky to have some good friends in the community Military, Federal and Private as well forums like this to turn too for help so thanks ahead of time. I have been putting my resume out in both sectors so hopefully someone will bite soon. I have some contacts, but I could always use more and if anyone has in-depth knowledge of SOC-SMG or MVM Static or SSMS contracts or connections to a recruiter for the actual Client directly which is my dream I would love to hear from you directly if can spare some time. Again thank you all for this chance to be a part of this network and I look forward to participating and helping out where I can!

Regards,

Kris

Oku
4 December 2009, 20:12
Greetings,

I'm a custom knife/sheath maker, and as such have all sorts of folks making claims that perhaps they shouldn't (and I reserve and exercise the right to refuse service particularly in those cases). I was referred to SOCNET as a resource for confirming the status of some of these folks.

18xprospect
4 December 2009, 20:26
Hey there people... I'm a 26 year old guy on the verge of enlisting in the Army on an 18 X Ray contract. I'm here for secondary sources regarding my research on the subject so that I may make a fully educated decision.

Thank you everyone for your commitment and service to our country. I hope I have the chance to live up to the stories of bravery of those men who have come before me.

De Oppresso Liber

-BadKarma-
4 December 2009, 21:56
10+ years Army Infantry (OIF x 2 and OEF x 1)
10+ years Security
3 years Military Instructor
2 years Military/Security Contractor

I am looking to network with like-minded operators.

OVnative
4 December 2009, 22:57
I am currently AD Navy (AT2) with 6 years in. After 2 years of fighting my command and getting my package together I am leaving for school to earn the title of SWCC in May. Most of my family is retired Navy, with my uncle that raised me being former SWCC.

Dirty175
5 December 2009, 00:00
Hello all, I am Ronnie Sebren, a former E5/Team Leader [11B2V] from Bco, 1st Ranger Batallion, 75th Ranger Regiment. My old barracks roommate from 1276N HAAF, GA, told me about SOCNET so here I am. I was at 1st Rgr Bn from 94-98 and now reside just outside of Dallas, Texas. I was on the USS America in '94 for the Haitian drive-by and went to Cobra Gold in '95. I got my tab with class 10-95 and did JOTC in '96. I made E5 in '97 before tarmac rearranged my right knee so I ETS'd in '98 with an honorable. RLTW! Hey room mate, its about time. Do you still have a "business cut" ?

x175Ranger
5 December 2009, 14:29
A business cut...yes, more or less. Still ordering off the menu or just taking what's out there? I'm going dark, catch back up around Monday.

SDVDV
5 December 2009, 21:49
Permission to come aboard.

Former Navy Diver. Served with NSW on Seal Delivery One. Been hanging in the shadows for awhile forgot to make an intro.

Thanks

cynicl12000
6 December 2009, 03:24
Hello all, I've been lurking for a little while now and decided to go ahead and register.

I have never served in the military, but appreciate the dedication and service of all those that have.

Roadwarrior
6 December 2009, 11:27
Hello to all members of SOC.
As a brief introduction i served in the british Army for 24 years,i am not from an SF regiment but i think you would all agree to me my regiment was special.
I was an Infantry Soldier and ended my carear as a specialist in Armd Infantry.
I am on your site, as i wish to use it to glen as much information so as to pursue a carear in CP/Hostile work.
I hope our paths may cross some time.

Keep Safe

Roadwarrior

smittycolt
6 December 2009, 20:27
Retired from A/3/7 SF In '94.

JDWRep
6 December 2009, 21:11
I am a recruiter with Jax Desmond Worldwide. Thank you for the kind welcome into the group. I look forward to networking with the professionals here.

ugandan
7 December 2009, 03:30
Am a Ugandan,civilian with family n friends in Iraq working for Special Forces.this site could give me an insight into the goings on over there.thanks 4 the work.

Marina
7 December 2009, 20:23
introductory post - I'm a govt civilian working on AT/CT capacity building programs for foreign law enforcement. Some of the specialists we deploy for mobile training are former spec ops. SOCNET is a good resource for hearing what's up with some in the IC community. I will contribute relevant material for the common good.

I just started a new job and will update my intro when I get some SA.

Thanks for letting me listen in on SOCNET the last few months. I think what I learned helped me become a more competitive candidate - and certainly improved my understanding of some of the dynamics in the very small part of your community that is in my network.

Still a lot to learn. Thank you all.

1stindoor
7 December 2009, 20:35
Hello all, I've lurked over the years but finally decided to get around to joining. I'm active duty Army. Nearly 24 yrs. Started as an 11B, then 18B and 18F. Now an 18Z currently taking up space in El Paso at USASMA for class 60.

I've served in 1/7, 2/3, 3/7, SWC and as an O/C at JRTC.

Thanks for letting me onboard. I'll go back to lurking now.

Bushmaster6
7 December 2009, 22:48
Thought I posted an intro, but here I go. Not sure if I am allowed here but , 45th Inf. 1989-1993, 4-9th Inf, 2-1 Inf SCOUTS, 3/504th PIR, Combat Training Command, 11b3V. Got out 2001, pursued Masters Degree IT Business MGT, Now QASAS, @ Mcalester Army Ammunition Plant. RLTW.

Husker19D30
8 December 2009, 09:56
I do not necessarily understand the premise behind doing this, but, since it is required.

First and foremost, I am a servant who needs to be chasten sore for Christ the Creator and Holy Ghost.

Are you sure you're the Sausage King of Chicago?

bluebird
8 December 2009, 13:57
Long time lurker -- currently working with a local recruiter with high hopes of designating as a 37F.

Howdy.

SlashWire
8 December 2009, 23:27
Current 0621 in the Marine Corps Reserve. I have been a lurker for the past two years.

TXGuy
9 December 2009, 02:31
Hello all,
Stephen Turner here, currently in the Marine Corps wasting away in the air wing until May of 2011. My plan is to go CCT in the Air Force as soon as I possibly can. My current MOS(6432) is fixed wing electrician, so basically a wire chaser. Working on trying to get in touch with a recuiter that can give me some info on the job, as many don't really know much about it, but until then just pt'ing to stay in shape and getting ready to hopefully have some fun in about a year and a half!

tangofoxtrot
9 December 2009, 03:55
Ret, Sgm. Infantry 4/3 11B. 480 days Nam. Rotated back state side early 76.
Jump School, Ft. Benning.(hated my stick leader) Ranger School, Ft. Benning
( Darby Queen was PITA) Sniper School, Ft.Benning. Made Sgt. 1978.
Excepted - Airborne Special Warfare School, Ft. Bragg, NC. Graduated May,79. Class # 60-0493.
Areas of operation: Eagle Claw, Urgent Fury, Just Cause, Gothic Serpent,
Red Dragon, Mountain Home to name a few. Left Army October, 96.
HALO jump, bad landing shattered left leg.
Present: Own a Fugitive Enforcement Agency.

Thank You.
Sgm. Covert 18B
United States Army.
Retired.

LawrenceDestefano
9 December 2009, 13:48
Hi--

My name is Lawrence Destefano. Thanks for having me.

krosemccully
9 December 2009, 15:37
Hello,

My name is Krysten and I work for a private defense contractor, Charles F. Day and Associates. We are currently assisting a client in finding SOF candidates for some positions in Tampa and Miami, working primarily with USCENTCOM and SOCOM. A friend who is currently in the 18X program referred me to the site.

Best wishes for a happy holiday season -
Krysten

ANACONDA
9 December 2009, 16:31
Returning Post:
Greetings all,
I have been away for awhile. To those who do not know me, I am currently an LEO in South Texas (Right across all the fun in Reynosa, Mx.). I was assigned to ESU for 4 yrs., got cert. in Basic and Advanced SWAT, I took Basic and Advanced CBRNE in San Antonio. I am currently an Investigator. Prior to the LEO gig, did 15 yrs as a Paramedic / firefighter. I was also trying to help get an EP business in operation here but it didn't pan out.

tacunit26
9 December 2009, 22:38
hello everyone,

my name is gary, i am a swat operator in the city of new orleans. i have been a police officer since 2002. i have worked in the specialized units since my first day on the street. i am looking into starting a career in the contracting industry.

i would like to thank everyone in advance for any input and suggestions they have.

Cadet JJ
9 December 2009, 23:35
First and foremost in my introduction, I wish to thank all current and former service members. I have the utmost respect for you, and the duties you have performed.
My name is Aaron, and I'm currently attending college. I'm contracted through Army ROTC, and am really looking forward to go Active Duty as soon as I graduate. I am definitely going for 11B. I am just bulling my way through college so that my real tutelage and learning can begin. Thanks to all!
Best Regards,
Aaron

jbranson
10 December 2009, 00:50
Hello everybody,

My name is Josh and I have been finding my way back to this web site over and over so I finally decided to get involved and learn some new things. I spent four years activty duty Coast Guard and have been talking to a Navy recruiter for the last couple of months, I'm thinking about joining but my mind is not completely made up yet. I have the utmost respect for all USA military personell. It's good to be here and I'm anxious to hear from other people in all walks of military life

Thanks for having me,
Josh

av4curtiss
10 December 2009, 10:05
I've been in the Navy for 13.5 years. Enlisted for 9 yrs; O for 4.5 yrs.
Spent the last couple years doing conventional riverine. Currently the OIC of the riverine training school in Camp Lejeune, NC.

RJS
11 December 2009, 10:49
Hello I have been in 2-20 SFG for about 20 years currently working in the J3 at State HQ in MS. I hope to be returning to the 2-20 in a few months after I do my time at the HQ.

Tracy
11 December 2009, 12:15
Excepted - Airborne Special Warfare School, Ft. Bragg, NC. Graduated May,79. Class # 60-0493.

Thank You.
Sgm. Covert 18B
United States Army.
Retired.

Welcome.

I need some clarification on some items:

When, EXACTLY, were you in Vietnam? By your description above, you would have been in RVN 74-76. What unit were you in?

What rank were you in RVN? 16 months in country would have made you at LEAST a SGT. Yet you state your promotion to SGT was in 1978. That means you had about four years time in grade as a SP4. You imply retirement as a SGM in MOS 18B. No such MOS exists at that pay grade.

I graduated from the SFQC in 1978. We did not have a class numbering system as you described above. BTW, I was the Ops Sgt for the SF Officer's Course from 1981-1983. We used the same numbering system as my experience in 1978.

As I recall, there was no sniper school at Fort Benning in the 70's.

Eagle Claw, Urgent Fury, Just Cause, Gothic Serpent and Red Dragon(???) are all operations, not areas.

Mountain Home is an area, in Idaho.

When did you attend the MFF Course? There is no such "Airborne Special Warfare School".

I don't believe anything you wrote in your introduction. I will publicly apologize on thread if you can substantiate your claims.

Tracy
US Army Special Forces (retired)
MOS 180A

rjwusmc
11 December 2009, 17:13
Hello, My name is Richard, Im just a Marine POG mech with a few tours in the dessert under his belt, both as a Marine in 2003, and with civilian contracting. Im just trying to keep up with the contracting world and you guys always seem to know whats going on, so thanks for not killing me o soc warloards :)

Copenhagen21
11 December 2009, 18:16
Hello everyone,

My name is Joe. I work for Key Bank in central New York. I am currently in the process of signing an OPT40 contract with the Army, which is scheduled to take place next week. I am here to learn, so I will not be posting much seeing as I have no military experience, let alone SOF.

Thank you all for your service to our great nation.

timdhawk
11 December 2009, 21:36
I've been a member since 2007 but I don't think I ever posted up an intro. My name is Tim and I'm currently living in Billings, MT.
90-94: 1/509th PIR as OPFOR. 11B1P.
Thanx.

Geronimo!

Flank3
11 December 2009, 23:10
Hello all,

I'm a Navy Surface Warfare Officer stationed in VA. I'm afraid VBSS is by far the most high speed stuff I get to do; but I enjoy reading about all of your guys' exploits. I'm joining this site to learn more about NSW.

gsprotection
12 December 2009, 00:47
Hello Socnet,
I've been around the block but this is my first visit in the Socnet neighborhood. I am a IDF combat veteran with former LE experience in NYC. Currently, I am based in California and specialize in providing threat assessments, security management consulting, and intelligence program development. Thanks for welcoming me on board.

Blackjack78
12 December 2009, 19:42
Hello Socnet,
I've been around the block but this is my first visit in the Socnet neighborhood. I am a IDF combat veteran with former LE experience in NYC. Currently, I am based in California and specialize in providing threat assessments, security management consulting, and intelligence program development. Thanks for welcoming me on board.

Welcome to SOCNET. What agency in NYC?

Dillo
13 December 2009, 00:09
Hello everyone!

After finding this site while seeking info for 3 gun competitions, I decided to join.
Nice to find a site with intelligent discussion and some good humor! :biggrin:
I am working on a graduate degree in social work... Having no Mil/LE experience of my own (though I am envious & proud of a close USAF friend) I am hoping to gain some insight into the warrior world to help with patients experiencing PTSD and the like. I am also an avid hunter and outdoorsman & will probably be posting lots in the area of gear reviews. That's it for the intro, thanks for letting me join!
-Brian aka "Dillo"

watevrpal
13 December 2009, 01:52
Hello I am currently an Apache driver looking to assess with 160th. This site is awesome and keep up the good work

MQuinlan
13 December 2009, 09:38
I'm founder/CEO of the small NH company that develops the CL-150 Technology Matrix for Critical Languages, or just "the CL-150" for short. The CL-150 is a suite of software resources for language learning for specialized military and intelligence purposes as well as for general language learning.

The CL-150 is licensed by many US DoD and IC organizations, including USSOCOM. I saw a number of posts about language learning, and I figure I may be able to occasionally offer some relevant information.

Use of CL-150 resources is free to all current USSOCOM personnel, not just in formal training programs but also for personal use, so its availability might do some good and save a few bucks for some who are thinking about buying a commercial product.

Thanks for letting me hang around. I wish everyone professional and personal success.

usmcs4
13 December 2009, 13:17
tried to join via my email and said i already had a account, so i reset my password and here i am (2 years ago) anyway would randomly visit this forum from time to time to just browse (guess without logging in) recently been on viewing the intl work threads for friends and the lengthy JAX D. goat rope haha

anyways here i am

MacDuff
13 December 2009, 13:47
First and foremost in my introduction, I wish to thank all current and former service members. I have the utmost respect for you, and the duties you have performed.
My name is Aaron, and I'm currently attending college. I'm contracted through Army ROTC, and am really looking forward to go Active Duty as soon as I graduate. I am definitely going for 11B. I am just bulling my way through college so that my real tutelage and learning can begin. Thanks to all!
Best Regards,
Aaron

Howdy.

I'm just down the road from you, in Ashland.

Welcome.

ulsterreidster
13 December 2009, 15:26
Hello Socnet I am ex police officer R.U.C & PSNI from Northern Ireland.
I have counter terrorism /hostile ops and post hostile experience.
I joined Socnet May 2009 but didnt introduce myself at that time sorry about that.
I am about to start with Soc in Iraq so any info would be appreciated.
Regards
Reidster

IPSSC
13 December 2009, 16:16
Hello SOCNET,
I am ex-RAF from the UK and now live in the US.
I am an experienced and qualified protection specialist and am a small business owner. I own Overwatch Protection Solutions International and am the founder of the Institute of Protection Specialists & Security Contractors (IPSSC).
Although I have been involved in the industry for more than a decade, I have only just recently been made aware of SOCNET so thanks for accepting my membership to your group.
Regards,
IPSSC

Tracy
13 December 2009, 18:12

Thank You.
Sgm. Covert 18B
United States Army.
Retired.

Attention:

The aforementioned individual is what as known as a POSER. None of the information he provided is true. We have a LOT of BTDTs from all walks of life. If you post anything, we have the ability to verify it within two to three degrees of separation between you and the verifier.

If your bonafides are correct but your grammar and spelling suck, then you are a RAT... :smile:

Please, do yourself a favor: think thrice, type twice, edit once. Or, we can help:

Blackheart82
13 December 2009, 19:35
Hello

I was in Aco 2/504 PIR 82nd Abn Div.
I did a little Contract work for FEMA after Katrina.
Most of the time I'll just stay in my lane, and read and learn.

Bastian
13 December 2009, 21:07
Here to read and learn, found this site while researching Jax Desmond THANK YOU ALL.

8 years Army, 95B, Benning, Honduras, Baumholder GM to Ft Leonard Wood. LEO since 01' .... Currently entering PMC

Bas

11BtoEOD
13 December 2009, 21:16
Hi Everyone. Brand new to the site. My name is Evan and I am currently an 11B E5 and was just classed to go to EOD school in September 2010.
Been in since November 2004, one Deployment, 15 months to Iraq. Only school so far is Mountain Warfare School in VT.

Old_Starlight
13 December 2009, 22:20
Attention:

The aforementioned individual is what as known as a POSER. None of the information he provided is true. We have a LOT of BTDTs from all walks of life. If you post anything, we have the ability to verify it within two to three degrees of separation between you and the verifier.

If your bonafides are correct but your grammar and spelling suck, then you are a RAT... :smile:

Please, do yourself a favor: think thrice, type twice, edit once. Or, we can help:

Didn't take you long Chief...was watching with interest. What a sucker to come here with that shite....:rolleyes: Stay safe.

kmonger
14 December 2009, 09:07
Captain 1/75 1990-1993 S1, A/S3

EOD NCO
14 December 2009, 09:13
I am an EOD NCO currently deployed. Been in EOD for about three years. Been lurking on here for a while, saw a thread I could contribute to, so I signed up.

MTTBDTD
14 December 2009, 09:25
Hi all

Am currently military police. Was and E5 on my way to BUDS, but my buddy and I hit a little trouble. Now I'm just biding my time. Been deployed to the middle east. Kuwait, Israel, Bahrain. Did law enforcement, now overseas in force protection command. Happy to be a part.
P.S. When deployed I deployed EST, so Israel was just a port visit I wasn't boots on the ground.

Abu Shakra
14 December 2009, 12:04
Current 18E w/ 20th GRP.

PrairieFive-oh
14 December 2009, 15:16
Ulsterreidster

My hat is off to you, you being formerly an RUC man.

The shift opposite me has a former H Div MSU sergeant on it. His stories (and pics to back it up) are extraordinary.

Keep your head down in the sand brother.

Preacher
14 December 2009, 20:44
Hey y'all,
I spent 6 years as Marine ground pounder, a year and half at a decent sized SO in SC shagging 911 calls, USCP picked me up in 1998, did three years in uniform and then went to DPD until 2004. I've been pastoring a church for the past 5 years. I needed the cash so I've taken a contract, jumped all the prelim and training hoops and waiting to deploy. I don't rate to be in the company of Tier 1 warriors but SOCNET has been a huge help with intel in the process of reentering the slip stream and I got tired of not being able to read the profiles of those whose posts have been so enlightening. Thanks for what you do.

kjjcw
15 December 2009, 01:36
Good day to all I am a logistic technician with over 20 years experience in the supply field. I have lived in Germany Macidonia,Kuwait and now make my home in the Philipeans. Currently finishing a contract in Iraq and looking to continue working internationaly.

kilo42
15 December 2009, 16:44
Former Army Pilot, 12 years, and then flew Army Contract Russian Helos and Airplanes. Left that for DoS in AFG for 3 years, now taking it easy living in Asia and flying some guys in OEF-P.

t.bagger
15 December 2009, 19:10
I've never had to serve, but my Pop and Bro have. Pop was aboard the USS Hoel (Battle off Samar and Leyete Gulf. Oct. 25, 1944). The Hoel was the first Destroyer sunk in the battle after sustaining over 40 direct hits from Japanese Capital Ships. 1 of 86 survivors, 17 who perished while floating on a 'floater net' for 58 hours while waiting on rescue. He's 85 and still can recall the battle as if it were yesterday. The Hoel received 5 Battle Stars and a Presidential Unit Citation.
My Bro served with the Marines in Vietnam from '69-72.

IronErik
16 December 2009, 03:19
Hello all.

I'm a former enlisted Soldier who left active duty to go to nursing school. Currently a nurse in the USAR. Just came here to read and learn.

ROTCReject
16 December 2009, 09:12
Greetings.

Former ROTC cadet, future Officer Candidate (DEP'd in, shipping to BCT in March). Here to learn and observe, and contribute as I'm able.

Ross
16 December 2009, 14:16
2/75 for one enlistment from 2005-2008. Earthpigs Inc.!!!

IB10-99
16 December 2009, 15:08
USN 92-96 west coast, USNR 97-98 naples, Italy, USN again 2000 to 05, BUD/S 237 & 8 (med drop). Finished out as a WSI at RTC teaching the newbies to "swim." Deputy now, breacher on tac tm 2 years.

Ategev
16 December 2009, 18:41
Been browsing this site and XXXXXXXXXXXXXX for quite some time. Been active duty 0311/8152 in the Marines since 05'. Currently an 0317 on an extensions right now until may 2010 to see what i want to do. next deployment help with that decision.

tx_infidel247
16 December 2009, 19:53
Fantastic site. Although I have some experience, I'm here to shut up, listen, and learn. One of the many great things I've learned being a friend of Bill W... Thanks to all for your past, present and future service...Merry Freaking Christmas...

firedog974
16 December 2009, 20:27
Hi everyone. I spent some time in the Army, some time in the Corps, but was never involved in spec ops in any way (POG in both branches). I am mainly here because I tend to run into SEAL posers frequently. It is nice that you have a resource here to verify who was, and who was not a SEAL. I read the book "Lone Survivor" about 6 months ago, and it was amazing to me the bravery, sacrifice, and sheer commitment the SEALS displayed in the face of overwhelming odds. I can honestly say before that book, I never even thought abut what was expected of SEALS, nor anyone else in the Spec Ops community. I now have a great respect for you guys. Semper FI.

DCF
16 December 2009, 20:32
I am a former Marine (1st Mar Div.), Current 18D,and new to the site.
Cheers

DCF
16 December 2009, 20:47
Hi everyone,
New to the site. I am a Former Marine, and Current 18D serving on the west coast.

GunMonkey
16 December 2009, 21:26
evening. 11B team leader in 1st BDE, 101st airborne. Going to selection after this next deployment. Looking to get whatever OE I can to help me and my guys out in afghanistan.

Hot Mess
16 December 2009, 23:18
Hi everyone,
New to the site. I am a Former Marine, and Current 18D serving on the west coast.

Where are my pictures from VTAC?

18C4V
16 December 2009, 23:38
Where are my pictures from VTAC?

Did he take some pics of the guys in ACU's? If so let me know so I can get them for our FID photo's. I forgot he brought a camera out there.

Hot Mess
17 December 2009, 00:02
Did he take some pics of the guys in ACU's? If so let me know so I can get them for our FID photo's. I forgot he brought a camera out there.

As if I'd let someone take pics of me in ACU's:biggrin: I'm not 100%, but I think most were in civis.

Chirk
17 December 2009, 08:26
Hello Members,am chirk by name and by face,i did not rank highly in my military career but had people who called me a boss in my country's dialect,i served in different departments of my country's Police force,as an Intelligence personell and violent crimes crack unit,also as a detective too.All new members must introduce themselves in this thread with their first post. You do not have to violate any PerSec in the introduction. Your life story isn't required, either. Your profile should list units served in as well as time frames.

This area is for introductions and greetings only.

Thanks

callen616
17 December 2009, 09:17
Hello all I am here to read and learn. I am former Army 72-74 with the 500th MI GP Support the youngest in the unit for the entire time I spent with them. FOG today:smile:

Marine2f2
17 December 2009, 11:41
Hello all. Names Chris. Currently here on VBC. 4 years Marine Corps, 2 FAST 2 1/3. Live in Ohio when not OCONUS.

WTS03
17 December 2009, 15:13
Hello everyone...My name is Dustin, everyone just calls me D that is fine for anyone who wants to use that here as well. I was with 2/3 in Zaidon, Iraq in '08 and was dropped to Regiment for medical reasons after deployment. Im working as a coach and chaser in regiment. I have been trying to deploy with any unit that will have me since the day I got to Regiment...I am not a huge fan of garrison life:frown: Right now I am on the list of bodies to go to 1/3 because they went undermanned. 1/3 actually cut over 100 bodies from the deployment, now they are saying they are not T/O. I am using this as a chance to hopefully link up to them. From there I am going to try to cross decks to 3/3 while deployed and maybe sign an extension...Sorry for the rambling but, any ideas how to make all that work, either an email or pm would be great so not to clutter up the board.

Ok, I digressed a little... I am here to find out as much as I can from the BTDT guys about MarSOC, Recon, EOD, and Snipers on the Marine side, and generally any other hard charging units from other branches. I have a sour taste in my mouth from the regular infantry as much as I love my job I can't stand the way things are ran. I want to get info before I decide whether to get out for good or stay in at least another four years doing something I know I will enjoy.

MrGlory
17 December 2009, 21:11
Howdy,

Had to re-up my account as it was disabled due to inactivity I figure. When not flying with Air National Guard CSAR, I film for recruiting and commercial productions.

DishkaTom
17 December 2009, 22:58
Hello everyone.
Spent some time in the guard followed by 3/75, then 7th group. I am now on the conventional side where I did a tour with F/51 LRS during the surge. Who knows where next.
The name is what the hazzarie(sp) used to call me in the stan '02-'03.

OldOzSapper
18 December 2009, 07:04
Enlist 1967
Vietnam 1st Fd Sqn 68/69
Mine Detecting Dog Wing 70/72
Army HQ 73/76
Canungra Commission 77
Rooster Sqn Puckapunyal 78/80
School of Military Engineering 81/82
Const Sqn Perth 83/84
CE Perth 85
Comd Broadmeadows 86/87
5th Trg Gp 88
Retire 89

I maintain a keen interest in animal employment by the military...

Please check: http://www.aussiewardogs.org/

CIMIC
18 December 2009, 08:18
Hi,

being in the reserve (Royal Netherlands Army) my current assignment is what in NATO is called CIMIC (Civil Affairs) although during my deployments in Afghanistan I did something completely different.

Got a question about jumping. In which forum could I post this?

Cheers!

victor.tango
18 December 2009, 11:45
I'm Mike, and was told about this site by my Medic. Not much for blogs, but this one got my attention. Some good info here, as well as some not so accurate rumors. Hope I can give at least a wee bit of positive input to help someone, somewhere, sometime.

robertxdm40
18 December 2009, 15:50
Sorry Guys i forgot to do this when i first got on. So here we go. im a Rookie officer who just graduated the police academy in the great state of Texas. im curently looking for employment. I was told about this site by one of my friends who is intrested in being a Special Forces solier.

Old_Starlight
18 December 2009, 17:24
Enlist 1967
Vietnam 1st Fd Sqn 68/69
Mine Detecting Dog Wing 70/72
Army HQ 73/76
Canungra Commission 77
Rooster Sqn Puckapunyal 78/80
School of Military Engineering 81/82
Const Sqn Perth 83/84
CE Perth 85
Comd Broadmeadows 86/87
5th Trg Gp 88
Retire 89

I maintain a keen interest in animal employment by the military...

Please check: http://www.aussiewardogs.org/

Just what we needed ... another bloody Ocker.

G'day old fella ... I'll assume you left out with the Queen's Warrant? 1 or 2? How the hell did you maintain your sanity with the Choc's that long? ;)

No beer here or I'd shout you a tinnie or two. Cheers anywho!:biggrin:

Berea10
18 December 2009, 19:03
G'day to all,

New to the community and would like to thank administration for producing this site and allowing my participation. Having read through some of the material I am suitably impressed. Thank you to Mark E for directing to this site. It was good getting to know you on course even though I out shot you! :biggrin: Your experience in theatre certainly out does anything on the range mate.
Myself, I have been in the private security sector for quite some time and have experience in government policing, emergency response and basic military experience. Hopefully I will be able to discover some leads to possible contract work and make some friends along the way.

To everyone out there, keep safe and God speed. Looking forward to getting to know you in time.

Cheers

AirborneSwayze
19 December 2009, 15:23
Hello,

I got out of the Army a year ago. I was an Infantry Officer. I served in the 2nd Combined Arms Battalion 69th Armor Regiment 3rd BDE 3rd ID.

Godzilla
19 December 2009, 15:36
Referred by a close friend...liked what I saw so taking next step. This is like day #1 on a new team. Anyway, in ARSOF for most of my 22 yrs...still in. Spent time in several groups (3rd / 7th) and 2 x SWC. Got same TNG, schools, & experiences most guys that have been around. MOS...B,F, and Z. Still looking for more challenges...we'll see what's out there.

I'm here for the community, keep up with the "Doer's" of the world and offer whatever support I can.

DOL,

Ken

Purple36
19 December 2009, 16:18
Welcome Ken, glad you decided to join. Plenty of good people here and little tolerance for Jackassery. Except for Rat...he sort of likes it...in the hetero sort of way, of course!:biggrin:

team member
19 December 2009, 16:20
Hey new to here. Current operator with MARSOC and just wanted to start the networking side of the house because my EAS is coming up and you never what is out there. I hope to be able to help answer any questions that come my way and I hope you will all be able to the same for me.

CsC0321
19 December 2009, 19:06
Good day SF community. I'm a former Recon Marine who got out and went to school. Now I'm preparing myself for SFAS. I look forward to learning and contributing in the forums.

TakeshiX
20 December 2009, 10:34
Hey everyone TakeshiX here.

Army Infantry 85-88 Ft. Campbell and Korea.

onesurehit
20 December 2009, 15:47
Hello, i am new to this site and thank everyone for the heads up about it. As a former 0321, from way back. i am looking to return to field i have kept in shape in skill and fitness. i look forward to the chat ..

Endersinclair
21 December 2009, 10:05
I am new to the site and thought it keen to introduce myself ...

Transportation Officer YG 07
Deployed to OIF 08-10 as a PL
Prior 37F in the AR

Looking to get back into the SOC world here in the near future...

Tom_MI
21 December 2009, 13:23
Hey guys, thanks for having me.

I'm a financial advisor and college student, with a career goal in LE as a K9 handler. I am currently exploring my options with both police departments and the military, looking at possibly joining the National Guard to get some experience.

Austin
22 December 2009, 00:49
Hello! I am obviously new to this forum--I spent 9 years in active duty Army, 7 as special operations support as a veterinarian. I was honored to be invited into this community to serve alongside (or a couple steps behind) all of the Spec Ops folks on the front lines. I have moved on to other things now, but still serve in the Army Reserves. It was a surreal and awesome experience, which sometimes I think "Holy cow! Did that actually happen!?!" now that I am back to "normal" life as a civilian.

The Fat Guy
22 December 2009, 00:54
Hello,

I got out of the Army a year ago. I was an Infantry Officer. I served in the 2nd Combined Arms Battalion 69th Armor Regiment 3rd BDE 3rd ID.

I thought you would be bigger

Welcome to Socnet

173rdfan
22 December 2009, 01:27
Hey, I'm new haha. I found this website in my hunt for the T-10 Airborne kit I need. I'm a Vietnam War Re-enactor up here in Ontario, Canada. Most Americans wonder why a Canadian would re-enact Vietnam, but it's estimated that 40,000 Canadians crossed into the US to volunteer for battle in Vietnam. Everyday Canadians don't even know this and this is our (mine and our groups) mission, letting Canadians know that a few of our best did what they felt was right and served with pride and honour. All VN vets had it bad, but Canadian VN vets were seen as mercenaries as they weren't force by our government to go and on top of that received no support from WWII/Korea vet groups or any medical coverage. We just aim to bring their sacrifice to the eyes of current Canadians.

We focus on 2/503d/173rd which was the first major US Army Combat unit in, one of the last to leave and did the only US airborne jump during the war (aside from SF units of course). I'm our platoon medic and fully kitted out and now I'd like to get my airborne items as we may have access to a C-130 Herc next summer. For a re-enactor riding on a Herc is like a wet dream and the photos should look amazing.

I also plan on joining the Canadian Forces as it's been my life long goal. I plan on going in the Infantry to start off, finish my contract, see the civy world and if I go back I'll enlist as a medic which will increase my odds of being placed in a combat unit instead of in a hospital. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. Take care :smile:

jastrzomb
22 December 2009, 03:15
hello

new here -1st post
34 old
civilian, work in IT Data Security
interests - SF; IT^2; and travelling, lots of travelling....

thanks for a chance to be close to your community, sorry for my language if I made some mistakes , english isn't my first...

best regards to all SF'ers all over a world

RawTV
22 December 2009, 10:19
Hi guys,

My names Will and I work for Raw TV, who are behind the series "Locked-Up Abroad" on the National Geographic Channel and we're currently putting together a new docudrama show about amazing stories of survival and escape in military and civilian situations. So if there is any story you really would love to see on the screen as a docudrama from the last 30 years or so of military operations it would be much appreciated if you would point me in the right direction. In terms of recent stories in current conflict zones, I totally understand about protocol, and would not be asking for any violation of Army regs or policy, simply that if you are able to tell a story, Raw would love to hear it. Many thanks for your assistance.

Will

JumpCut
22 December 2009, 11:13
Hello Will-

I'm a tolerated guest here and have spent my entire post-military career in the entertainment industry. In fact, I have an office near the NatGeo and Discovery Channel headquarters. I now specialize in (pro) military content, and have been vetted by a number of BTDT SOCNETters.

That said, the members here are wary of the entertainment industry and the people in it, especially those that exploit the troops' stories without fair compensation.
You may find willing participants, but don't count on it. Those that do choose to participate will most likely seek my counsel in private, and I'll advise them ask for a consultant's fee.

Having developed projects for History, Discovery, etc., I'm betting this isn't in your budget.

In any event, welcome aboard.

Onemoretime
22 December 2009, 21:28
Can't find the post I placed here when I signed up so just to make sure.

6 Years US Army 11B2P (1995-2001)
3/325 Vicenza, Italy
1/508 Vicenza, Italy
4/31 Ft Drum, NY
Got out in March 2001

Just re-enlisted today (12/22/2009) for 89D (EOD).

Ole crusty bastard
22 December 2009, 22:27
Just re-enlisted today (12/22/2009) for 89D (EOD).

That's worth an Atta Boy, good for you.

slotking
23 December 2009, 01:14
Hi Mike here.
I was turn on to this site by a war buddy! ok, an online war buddy was plays travian!

I spent 1983-89 in the army reserves has a chairborn ranger
aka computer operator and computer programmer

My family goes back as well, 2 brother who were nam vets
dad was army air core, his dad was wwI vet.

so now I am a network engineer looking for a job:smile:

Blackdog
23 December 2009, 12:52
I'm a retired Special Forces officer with time in 10th and 3rd Groups as well as CA. I have lots of joint time and and spent a few years in NATO. I spent my entire career oriented on Europe and Africa and of course lots of time in southwest Asia. I'm currently involved in program management and business development with a government contractor with ties to the SO, DOS and intelligence communities.

sherpa74
23 December 2009, 16:55
Navy brat, married to another navy brat. Born in 1974 and my neighbor who is a retired Ranger gave me the tag Sherpa and it stuck. Work in the video game industry and have a great respect for our Military. Thanks for having me aboard.

universible
23 December 2009, 18:54
It was a surreal and awesome experience, which sometimes I think "Holy cow! Did that actually happen!?!" now that I am back to "normal" life as a civilian.

"I squeeeeesh your head!"

If I may be so bold: Welcome!

wolf9848
23 December 2009, 21:35
Long time lurker on here.

Former active duty Army Infantryman, served in the following units:

A Co 1st Batt 18th Inf, 1st Inf Div. Schweinfurt, GE 2002-2005
Deployed to Iraq for OIF 2

B Co 2nd Batt 502nd Inf, 101st ABN Div. Ft.Campbell, KY 2005-2006
Deployed to Iraq for OIF 4

Currently ARNG.

Just here to soak up some knowledge from the BTDTs on here.

Thank you

Smitty2point0
24 December 2009, 22:42
Former active duty Army Infantryman

1999-2002

E5 SGT
Dco 2nd Bat. 504th PIR, 82nd ABN

EIB, 2 AAM

Just here to soak up knowledge of weapon systems, and to learn some history.
I'm getting back to my shooting habits and looking for advice and I heard from users this was the place to come.

Thanks.

Mudboy
25 December 2009, 00:17
From the big Sand Box, Happy Holidays to everyone here!! I am happy to have been accepted into your group. Stay Safe Everyone!!

Lonewolf
25 December 2009, 21:17
Merry Christmas! Hey everyone. Been lurking around here for the last couple of months, finally decided to join in. Currently Air National Guard pilot and in my 15th year of public safety(firefighter/deputy sheriff). I enjoy reading the posts, learning a little bit, and hearing from others that Make It Happen! Stay safe and keep up the good work!

82paratroop
25 December 2009, 23:10
Hello.

I served in the U.S. Army from 1993 to 1999. I served in the 82 Airborne Division. (Delta Company 782 MSB.) Which was the only unit I served in. I left the Army with 45 jumps under my belt.

I've been reading socnet since 1999. But for some reason it took me a decade to finally sign up.

mjb
26 December 2009, 09:54
I am a Navy F-18 pilot. Found your site when reading up on some CAS information and check in periodically to see what guys are putting out about current operations.

Tay
26 December 2009, 10:42
Hello, My name is Taylor hence my username. Greeting to everyone.

Doc_KB1974
26 December 2009, 13:37
Been out for a couple years now....Been trying to find an appropriate place to talk to some like-minded guys again.

Served as a Combat Medic from 1995-2007..brief break in service 03-04....( see my profile if you wanna know where)

Degree in CJ..currently in the UK just outside London-oblamabad...Doing AML investigations for HMRC.
Hope all is well with you folks...Hope Santa kept his "knees in the breeze" when he came to your chimney!

jpd200
27 December 2009, 14:52
Hello all, I am a 20 year LE Officer currently assigned as the Lieutenant over CID and the Special Response Team. I've worked in several areas during my career including patrol as an Officer, shift Sergeant, and as a School Resource Officer. I'm here to listen and learn.

TimothyJohn
27 December 2009, 15:21
I'm currently an actor living in NYC. I've been very interested in the Navy SEAL's for a long time. I'm very interested in getting information on my chances of getting an age waiver at 32. I have no previous service history. I hope there's still a chance for me to get a contract. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening.

-TJ

Lepard
27 December 2009, 15:38
Well the above is a mistake as my keyboard took the 'P' and I've ended up with Leard instead of Lepard as I had intended :rolleyes:
I'm a regular poster on a British army associated website known as the army rumour service ( ARRSE:o ) and a forum called CPworld which I have no doubt some of you know.
You all seem a like minded bunch as many of you seem to have a distaste for what we in the UK term as 'Walts' The Jax Desmond thread being a case example taken from this site.

Certa Cito
28 December 2009, 08:29
Hello,

I've been serving in the British Army since 2001, currently employed as what has recently been renamed as a Communication Systems Engineer - from what I understand you guys don't have an MOS that matches my trade exactly, but you seem to have a few that do, such as 25U and 25B. In a nutshell, whatever the Army uses to communicate, I setup, fix and maintain it.

I have a few operational tours under my belt, including considerable time spent in Belfast, Northern Ireland, and most recently two tours of Baghdad, Iraq - I returned from the last one there in the middle of 2008. I have yet to deploy to Afghanistan, but I'm keen to do so.

I understand who and what this forum is geared towards, and I'm not here to pretend I'm something I'm not, this just seems like a good place for all sorts of information, presented by a decent bunch of guys. I used to browse every now and then, and figured I may as well finally register, and hopefully make a positive contribution, where possible.

- Matthew

ZIPTIE
28 December 2009, 10:44
I'm formerly of the US Navy, working in the aviation side. Spent some time as a volunteer firefighter, also with the QRU. Was a reserve police officer in a small town for a year and a half, now I'm just a single dad raising two kids and getting a degree. I'm always on the lookout for more information, some places are more reliable than others. I'm a wilderness skills instructor, I've been a scoutmaster for a great troop of guys. I don't suppose I'll have much to add to your threads here, but I'll sure appreciate the wealth of information already laid down.

Zip

Jaws
29 December 2009, 03:15
Greetings from Gilbert, Arizona. US Army from 1977-1986. Primary 71L with 11B secondary. Most of my time spent in Intelligence community - HQ USAEUR (5 years) and special assignments to INSCOM and liaison positions to USARNG as an advisor. Born and raised in Hawaii hunting pigs and mountian goats on the slopes of Haleakala Crater. My love is now long range target shooting with a Remington Model 700 XCR (.308) for precision and a newly acquired M1A SOCOM 16. I'm looking for loading specifications for the M1A for hunting (150-165 gr.) and longer range precision (168 gr. HPBT) for the SOCOM 16. Recommendations for best all-around bullet and specs for the SOCOM would be appreciated.

Spoon Man
29 December 2009, 09:09
Hello everyone,
I'm about as green as can be, and am here to learn whatever I can. I'm looking for the best path in the military currently, and I don't know anything from anyone right. From what I've seen, this is the right place for me to be and I'm thankful for being aloud the opportunity to learn.

If you have any advise for me as far as paths to 18D and/or getting a PSYOP position I would greatly appreciate it.

slyeye
29 December 2009, 10:56
Hi my name is Ashe, I am 24 years old. I am attending Wayne State University in Detroit, MI majoring in Criminal Justice. I am also in Army-ROTC at the University. I hope my MOS will be Military Intelleigence. I am also certified as a bodyguard, through IPSSC, I have my CCW, and I am also attending a Stalking and Threat Mangement, all through IPSSC.

I don't know what else to say except that I am honored to be apart of this site.

Ashe

JSK
29 December 2009, 12:21
Prior Active Duty Army CPT.

97-01 & 04-05

Assigned to unit at MacDill AFB and OPCON'd to "other" units around the world.

Left in 01 but recalled in 04 and landed at Victory a few weeks later.

swing lo
29 December 2009, 12:33
Hi,

Prior Air Force here currently contracting in Iraq.

Teufel
29 December 2009, 15:53
Hello all, I'm a Marine infantry officer who did time in the grunts and with recon. Couple of trips to both Iraq and Afghanistan.

zallc
29 December 2009, 18:15
Hello, I am a former AF Security Policeman currently working as a Safety/Security Manager at a private school. On the side I co-own a company that designs and markets shooting targets. Thanks for having me.

KatLady
29 December 2009, 18:40
Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this community. I work with Executive Protection personal as investigative research support. I am not trained military nor law enforcement yet have worked with both. I have learned very much here. Thanks again.

Mil-CivCop
30 December 2009, 02:35
Just another American with similar interests and experiences. Most of my life has been dedicated to my country and teammates, community, and family as a former Sailor and career city cop. Presently I spend my time helping bring a little piece of western style police training and advice to foreign countries on behalf of our government. I think in the last five years I have seen a great deal of our world and completely understand why I love America so much. My best.

Divot
30 December 2009, 12:00
Hello, I was a 96B (intel analyst -- although i think they've changed that MOS number) in the USA from 98 to 01 (pre-9/11). Now I work on "Wall St".

sabre6
30 December 2009, 16:47
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Sabre6 and I live in the great country of Texas. I am new to SOCNET and look forward to sharing and exchanging ideas, concepts, and information with other members.

I will post a very brief summary of the units that I have either served and/or conducted operations with while in the Army and the Texas National Guard. I post them briefly as I am in a hurry to ask the members some questions.

Entered the United States Army in October 1983 and attended Basic Combat and Advanced Individual Training at Fort Benning, Georgia. Upon graduation was assigned as an Infantryman CONUS and OCONUS. Served in a variety of positions from the squad/platoon level up to the brigade level. Experienced in Mechanized, Light Infantry, Airborne, Air Assault Deployments. Experienced in conducting CPX/STX/FTX exercises and mobilizations.

Prior Senior NCO attended the Texas State OCS Program (Class 40) in Austin, Texas. Commissioned as an Infantry Officer. Served as an Infantry Platoon Leader, Scout Platoon Leader, Detachment Commander, Company Executive Officer, Battalion S-2, Brigade LNO. Graduate of PLDC, BNCOC, ANCOC.
Served and/or trained with the 24th Infantry Division, 18th Airborne Corps,1st Battalion 75th Rangers, 1st Armored Division, 49th Armored Division, JTF-6 (North) Counter Drug, 1st Cavalry Division, 4th Infantry Division, 36th Infantry Division, 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) SouthCom.

Whew, having said that I need some help.. I have been approached by a company called Mission Essential Personnel (MEP). They are offering me a position and would like to know if anyone has worked with them or can give me any intel on this company?

I have researched the company on the internet but I need the real "skinny" from other operators. Any intel is greatly appreciated.

Sabre6-Out

HotRod
30 December 2009, 17:54
Bco 1/4 OIF 2&3
S/S 1/4 OIF 4
Currently contracting

Gerry.Jr
30 December 2009, 18:51
Hello all,

My name is Gerry.

I am a 21 year old S.O.-Medic wanna-be, doing everything he can, including autodidact studies of Anatomy & Physiology and a personal Crossfit regime to fulfill my dream.

I look forward to being a contributing member to the SOCNET Forum and absorbing as much wisdom as possible from those who have 'Been There, Done That'.

vulcan4
31 December 2009, 10:58
Greetings ALL......Thank You for letting me be a part of the SOCNET community.

U. S. ARMY 69-71. Primary MOS 63C30 Wheel and Track Mechanic.
Secondary MOS 45B Light Weapons Repair.
70-71 VII CORPS, DDR.
69 38th Trans Bn. Ft Eustis VA.
69 BCTC Ft. Bragg NC.
Looking forward to learning as much as I can about modern small arms weapons systems
and related gear and helping if I can.
Co-Owner of Gun Shop for 35yrs........now retired.

dustoff33
31 December 2009, 13:56
As the "Fucking New Guy", I guess I owe you an introduction. Im 61 years old, retired Army, 3 years ('70-'73) enlisted with the 5th SF Group 11B and 12B4S. A break in service while I went to Ga Tech (Building Construction, GT School of Arch. including ROTC and Ranger school. 11 years in the Medical Service Corps including almost 4 years (78-82) working on a new hospital at Fort Stewart followed by Rotor Wing Flight Trng at Mother Rucker. Flew medevac as MSC and 6 years as a W2 at Ft. Wainwright, Miami (Army Reserve), Fort Campbell, Desert Storm, Korea, and Ft. Campbell again until I retired in '95. I do construction management for the Postal Service now.

Jessie
31 December 2009, 17:04
My name is Jessie, I served aboard Nuclear Submarines in the U.S. Navy, as a Torpedoman, I am Qualified on the USS M.G. Valejo SSBN 658, a Boomer and the USS Sunfish SSN 649 a Fast Attack, I am also a Member of the United States Submarine Veterans Inc.:smile::smile:

Reaper
31 December 2009, 21:44
Hello All. My Name is Reaper i have not served in the United States Military yet . I'm Planning on Enlisting in May of 2010 into the United States Navy . I plan on being a SEAL someday . Any information on BUD/s or SEAL Training would be very grateful . thanks for letting me in your community

liberty53
31 December 2009, 23:50
Hi,

Former USAF with a couple of years working the SR-71 out of Okinawa. Became a contractor and spent over 20 years bouncing around with the U-2 program, mostly with the 5th RS at Osan AB. Did a few deployments to OIF at BIAP and JBB.

Currently getting ready to become part of the "ISR surge to OEF." If anyone is interested we are looking for a few civilian GMTI/SAR or all source analysts for our deployment. JSTAR's experience would be helpful.

My son just classed up for BUD/S - he has been waiting since July for a class. It will be interesting to see if he makes it through.

Happy New Year

Cass
1 January 2010, 01:12
Reaper
Nice post. Hehe. Welcome.

airbornemedic89
1 January 2010, 09:12
My name is Doug
I am currently a Medic with an Army Reserve Unit

My prior units are
C Co 131 Inf/ 33rd IBCT
194th LRSD (ABN)
B Co 1/158 INF. Afghanistan 1/07-5/08
C Co 53rd BSB / 53rd IBCT

I was a scout (11B) with the LRS and a Medic and Infantryman with the 158th during my deployment. Now I am doing some time in a hospital unit until I finish school and will ransfer to a CA unit as a Medical Sergeant

Junglework
1 January 2010, 11:06
Hope you all have a great new year and a wonderful hangover recovery. I've been a long time lurker but finally decided to join the crew. Former 11C1P with the 82nd Abn. (76-79) and for the last 24 years have been with the Cook County Sheriffs Dept. here in Daley land. This forum has always been both entertaining and insightful, glad to be aboard.

northwesttech
1 January 2010, 11:08
Civilian with no military experience. Enjoy history, military history, and really enjoy reading the views and opinions of those who have lived that history.

I really enjoy the professionalism of these forums and how they're run. Thanks for letting me join. Lots of good advice here.

IHTFP
1 January 2010, 15:29
I graduated from USNA in 2008, went to 2/c dive school class 08-60-2c, nuke power school/prototype and on my way to a LA class sub in feb. ran into a guy from my HS who said he made it through hell week and I just don't believe him.

GM_089
1 January 2010, 15:37
im a GM2 (EXW) , boat crewman , RivRon2.
just another sailor i guess.
nice to meet you all.

Red81
1 January 2010, 17:42
Happy New Year, everyone. I'm former Army, having served in 2001 (very brief enlistment because of my medical discharge). Mostly, I support our military any way that I can from the sidelines because it's all that I can do. Thank you all for serving and thank you, also, for letting me join your site.

RhodieBKK
1 January 2010, 20:10
Greetings and wishing you all a safe & successful new year.

Rhodesia: BSAP PATU 78-80
UK: Mech Inf [Lt] 80-83
Worked in Africa, Latin America, Mid-East & Asia
- primarilly Afghanistan, from 83 'till present.

Dre
2 January 2010, 13:54
I am a 28 year old civilian living in the Pacific Northwest. I am here to find out how I can serve our country in light of my difficulties at MEPS.

Thanks for the great resource.

chris4145
2 January 2010, 14:38
I have been in the Navy for a few years and submitted a package to go to BUD/s early in 2009. I am currently in 3rd pahse and am trying to find out any information on SOCOM or 18D. Thanks for any help.

d375
4 January 2010, 08:44
Gents,

Served with 3/75 from 03-07. Now I am just finishing up college, as well as waiting on my DOS clearance in order to start WPPS with Trip C (was picked up last summer).
Im also verified/vetted SOF on *********** under dknob.

EDIT: lol at SS being censored!!

grandle
4 January 2010, 10:38
We, Grandle and Charlotte are the parents of SSgt Jeffrey R. Starling who was killed during the crash of a CH46 off the coast of San Diego (Pt. Loma), California...
It has been 10 years as of December 9, 1999 and we miss him even more....

Have been searching the internet, especially Marine Corps and Special Ops websites for photos of our son. We have located many photos that we did not have from other Marines, and/or Special Ops members who some we have had the opportunity to meet in person.

Should anyone member of SOCNET notice that I visted your page or profile, let it be known, it is of the above mentioned info only.

Thank you all....

Websites as a member are:

FromtheHalls
Togetherweserved
Force Recon...TheFew
M14Firing Line
All MarineCorps
Corpsman
YellowFootPrints

Thanks to "SilverBullet" for the opportunity...

Rusty Tool
4 January 2010, 21:44
Greetings everyone.

I am a prior service (U.S. Army) guy, MOS include 11B,11C, 19D (during my cadet years), and last and loudest, 13A. Yes, I bounced around quite a bit. I started out as an enlisted guy and went green to gold.

I am now a registered nurse and thinking about working overseas again...

I love reading the posts. I think I finally found a community/network worth sticking with. Thanks to all of you!

jeep1983
5 January 2010, 08:48
Just found this website when I was crusing the internet. I have 10 years in the USMC Reserve. Currently still in the reserve as a SNCO in Florida. Three tours to Iraq in past 8 years. My MOS's include: 1833, 0312 and 0916.

mikusman
5 January 2010, 08:55
Hello, and thanks for the approval. I know im not exactly part of the spec ops community but its good to be among fellow military. Im an active duty Hospital Corpsman, spent the last 5 years with a marine unit being a part of OIF and OEF. Lovin every minute of it.

-M

USNO3
5 January 2010, 12:59
Hi everyone. US Navy officer, as the handle implies. Currently in the IRR after being sidelined a few years ago with a service-connected injury (20% disabled--no biggy). Glad to be here and looking forward to some interesting conversation.

I want to thank my fellow vets for their service!