PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Edge Training and Consulting

ccrn
19 May 2008, 14:19
Anyone here familair with this organization?

http://www.slr15.com/index.html

They tend to cater more toward LE. Their head honcho is an active SWAT officer.

Please send any comments my way-

Silverbullet
19 May 2008, 14:31
It is easier for members to respond when you post specific questions vice opened ended questions like "is anyone familiar with this org?"

IrishEKU
19 May 2008, 14:46
Looking at the site they seem legit to a point. Looks more like a marketing platform for their "rifle" About all I can distinguish are some mods I could do myself, oversized trigger guard, reworked lower/worked up pistol grip. I didn't see much else. Looking on the specs pages, they mention SLR mods. I have no clue what they are talking about and wouldn't buy one w/o a DETAILED explaination as to what was modified.

The links to the gallery are down and their forum is locked up like a "members only" club. One shot I did see was one person shooting an MP-5( or equivalant) and an Instructor/Second way to far away to get ahold of the situation if needed. AND a loaded MP-5 ( or equivalent) slung across his back....Dunno but complaciancy kills.

Silverbullet
19 May 2008, 16:04
Their rifles are GTG. That is not under question.

ccrn mentioned training. I asked him to be more specific about what he wants to know.

ccrn
19 May 2008, 16:17
It is easier for members to respond when you post specific questions vice opened ended questions like "is anyone familiar with this org?"

My apologies.

I wish to know if their intstruction, especially carbine and pistol classes for LE and Military, are on par with other schools such as Thunder Ranch, Blackwater etc.

My hope is that someone here, preferably a professional or prior service combat arms, has attended a Tactical Carbine course or Pistol course conducted by them and can comment on their experience, in private if need be.

I realize the guy is trying to sell his carbines and I dont blame him for that. He is however an active SWAT officer and has apparently been teaching for years so if his classes are good Id like to attend one.

By good I mean solid up to date tactics, professional instruction, and rigorous training that meets high industry standards.

Thank you very much for your comments and assistance-