PDA

View Full Version : Info on I.S.A. in Israel

CDirt
18 May 2009, 14:13
SB Approved

A friend of mine and I are thinking about doing some training with I.S.A. (International Security Academy) in Israel. I was wondering if any of you have heard of them or trained with them and if you would recommend them for training.

Thanks

Massgrunt
18 May 2009, 14:34
PM Hoepoe. There are very good and very bad training opportunities in Israel, and you won't know which is which until you get there.

What kind of training are you looking for? With apologies to my Israeli friends, I would not be interested in pistol training in Israel. I have also been told that Israeli training can be long on tough and cool but short on practical. That is second hand from a trusted friend who has done some private training over there. I went through a very good course there but it wasn't tactical in nature.

Israel is definitely a great place to go for it's own sake by the way.

Hoepoe
18 May 2009, 14:51
What kind of training are you looking for? With apologies to my Israeli friends, I would not be interested in pistol training in Israel.

No offense taken Massgrunt. You make a valid point;
I can understand the whole empty chamber being an off-putter. Some instructors will teach with chambered round upon request, but these are few and far between and the entire group would need to want/agree to this. Enough on that.

Stay safe

H

Massgrunt
18 May 2009, 15:00
I mean, it's 2009 here bro. :biggrin: What's the word on ISA?

Hoepoe
18 May 2009, 15:07
I mean, it's 2009 here bro. :biggrin: What's the word on ISA?

LOL.

Ok:
As i'm in a very closely related field, what i post here cannot be understood as objective or ethical hence i opt not to post an opinion, good or bad.

I know that was of no use, sorry.

Stay safe

H

poison
16 July 2009, 05:58
Sorry I missed this. For anyone else here interested, Hoepoe runs high quality training courses in Israel, from EP to counter-surveillance.

Massgrunt, you should try shooting empty chamber, it's fun. :biggrin:

Massgrunt
16 July 2009, 06:14
I will rise above your bait. :biggrin:

poison
16 July 2009, 06:42
You're no fun. lol

I highly recommend shooting Israeli style when in Iraq. It'll intrigue the fuck outta the Iraqi's, and you're buddy's will love it.

Massgrunt
16 July 2009, 08:21
You're no fun. lol

I highly recommend shooting Israeli style when in Iraq. It'll intrigue the fuck outta the Iraqi's...And hopefully they'll adopt it... :biggrin:

Fyi, I'm only referring to the carrying chamber empty aspect, besides that I have no idea how good or bad Israeli pistol technique is. But that part? C'mooooooooon!

Silverbullet
16 July 2009, 08:32
Poison,
Please shrink you pic to make it fit the page.

Thanks

poison
16 July 2009, 08:36
And hopefully they'll adopt it... :biggrin:

Fyi, I'm only referring to the carrying chamber empty aspect, besides that I have no idea how good or bad Israeli pistol technique is. But that part? C'mooooooooon!

:D lol

Poison,
Please shrink you pic to make it fit the page.

Thanks

Sorry, I can't edit now. I wouldn't know how to shrink it anyway, so just delete it. I didn't realize it was so big.

Hoepoe
16 July 2009, 08:41
And hopefully they'll adopt it... :biggrin:

Hehehehe

YOU know why i'm laughing....

H

Tracy
16 July 2009, 08:51
...I didn't realize it was so big.

What no SOC-Pile?

:p

poison
16 July 2009, 08:56
:mad: Damn selective editing! :tongue:

Massgrunt
16 July 2009, 08:58
Hehehehe

YOU know why i'm laughing....

H

Lol... what can I say, karma's a bitch! :tongue:

Believeraz
16 July 2009, 15:45
From talking to a couple friends and sources in that area, there are several really good training providers, and several not-so-good ones. ISA has always been described to me in the latter category. I have no firsthand experience with them, however.
I can speak highly of MLM and Multi-Tier, based on my interactions with them, or that of trusted colleagues.