PDA

View Full Version : Leadership And Training For The Fight Seminar

noslorob
3 March 2010, 14:31
My Sheriff is considering hosting Leadership And Training For The Fight by Paul Howe, and I wanted to put it on here to see how much interest it generates. I need 100 people to make the seminar happen. I have listed all the pertinent information below. If you are currently LE/Military(ID will be required) and are interested in attending please post in this thread. We are looking at doing this on July 19th, 2010. Thanks

Scott

The Haywood County Sheriff’s Office will be hosting a seminar by Paul Howe discussing Leadership and Training for the Fight. Paul has over twenty years in the U. S. Military, ten years in the Army’s elite Special Operations Forces and eight years as a Law Enforcement Trainer. During his tour in special operations Paul worked as an assault team leader and senior instructor. Paul was involved first hand in multiple overt combat actions as a planner and “guy on the ground.” Units trained by Paul can be found at www.combatshootingandtactics.com. Paul is the owner of Combat Shooting and Tactics (CSAT).

This seminar centers around proven Leadership, Combat Mindset and Training principles, and will expound on leadership principles, tactics and, tips of the trade based on sound principles adapted for law enforcement use. These combat proven principles are recounted from actual experience and not data collected from a third source. Among the topics covered in this class include:

*Leadership and Training for the Fight

*Combat Action Review (Somalia)

*Combat Mindset

*Tactical Leadership

*Selection and Training

*Training Safety

Seminar Location: Haywood Community College
185 Freedlander Drive
Clyde, NC. 28721

noslorob
3 March 2010, 15:44
I forgot to put the price. Seminar cost will be $75.00, and each participant will get a handout and disk.

noslorob
3 March 2010, 20:11
I forgot to put the price. Seminar cost will be $75.00, and each participant will get a handout and disk.

I put the wrong price. My mistake. The Price is $50.00

Scott

Godzilla
3 March 2010, 20:31
Is seminar mainly lectures or will there be any practical exercises involved to expound on lectures?

noslorob
4 March 2010, 10:42
From what I understand it is all lecture. Thank you sir,

Scott

Godzilla
4 March 2010, 22:41
I checked out the link and may attend depending on scheduling. When do you need confirmation?

noslorob
5 March 2010, 15:11
I checked out the link and may attend depending on scheduling. When do you need confirmation?

As soon as you can. Thanks

Olive Drab
24 July 2010, 12:58
How did it go? If you can get your department/agency to spring for it, this is should be mandatory for all officers at all levels (especially management and training types)
It would be a real eye opener for those holding the reins that have a more politician/administrator than LEO mindset. THe NYC USMS Fugitive task force along with HIDTA just sponsored one up here yesterday and I cant say enough good things about it. Unfortunately, I only saw 2 low level supervisors there from my agency along with 5 other agents which is a low fractional representation of people who couldve gone.