SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   International Jobs (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   PSS BIO Approvals and Denials (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=112222)

Gamed 26 September 2012 15:53

PSS BIO Approvals and Denials

I am wondering if anyone has ever heard of a PSS BIO being disapproved for one company and approved for a different company for the same position? I recently had a PSS EMT bio approval through USTC then Academi put it up this spring and i was approved however when IDS submitted it last week,DoS disapproved it for lac of boots on the ground time. I am now processing the same bio for Aegis and i am wondering if i am going to get another disapproval? Has anyone ever heard of anything similar to this?

cdutchess78 26 September 2012 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamed (Post 1058198090)
I am wondering if anyone has ever heard of a PSS BIO being disapproved for one company and approved for a different company for the same position? I recently had a PSS EMT bio approval through USTC then Academi put it up this spring and i was approved however when IDS submitted it last week,DoS disapproved it for lac of boots on the ground time. I am now processing the same bio for Aegis and i am wondering if i am going to get another disapproval? Has anyone ever heard of anything similar to this?

Are you sure it was DOS who declined it and not the company?Before going to DOS,it will be looked at by others on the company level.Maybe it was the person who looked at it who felt you didn't me the criteria.

Gamed 26 September 2012 17:47

No it was DoS, I had it approved and was waiting on my 86c to process under Academi and the DoS lost my 86c packet, so i had to resubmit my bio for IDS due to Academi transitioning to IDS i needed a IDS bio , it was put in and denied...I'm just wondering if it is up to the reviewers interpretation at DoS, Or has the criteria changed from May this year to now?

Bucks32 28 September 2012 06:33

It's completely asinine that you have to fill out multiple bio's for each company for the same contract. There should be a number associated with your BIO that can be looked up to show approval. Think of the man hours and money that would save.

275RLTW 28 September 2012 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucks32 (Post 1058198881)
It's completely asinine that you have to fill out multiple bio's for each company for the same contract. There should be a number associated with your BIO that can be looked up to show approval. Think of the man hours and money that would save.

Did you just suggest common sense whe dealing with a DoS contract?!? Blasphemey! Didn't you get the memo for the TPS reports?

LRS 28 September 2012 14:30

I was just contacted by a recruiter from academi wanting to send me to an accelerated emt-i course and deploy as pss emt-I. I just dont know if i want to be a medic but the pay is outstanding

Brew_City_Guy 28 September 2012 14:46

Job offer, good pay... Hmmmmmmm, I'm sure there are plenty of other guys that would be willing to go instead of you. Just saying.

Maximus 28 September 2012 16:25

That is all good until you need to preform those medical skills. Then it goes south very quickly. The 3 year required experience, is there for a reason.

TFS/S 28 September 2012 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by coloccw (Post 1058198931)
Did you just suggest common sense whe dealing with a DoS contract?!? Blasphemey! Didn't you get the memo for the TPS reports?

Hahahaha.

Anyways, I have had similar problems in the past that as my BIO went up the chain it had been altered. My last BIO for Shift Lead the dates did not correspond with the months. It had been previously approved just to be denied when I submitted it with a new company. Somewhere, some how, the months were rounded down and cut my time short. Anyone else ever experience this?

My only recommendation would be to review your BIO to make sure it fits the criteria as I know many of us submit the same BIO without even opening the .PDF and reviewing it. Then just resubmit.

TFS/S 28 September 2012 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamed (Post 1058198090)

Also, in regards to Aegis and your position, I received this in a email a couple weeks ago:

"We are always looking for guys…especially EMT-I/PSS. We do give a 1k bonus for referring EMT-I/PSS."

Tripod 29 September 2012 01:04

There are 2-3 guys at State that approve ALL bios's (yep, no shit). One guy has his idea of what cuts the mustard, and the other has his. Subjectivity at it's finest.

So yes, it happens. More often than you might think. The submitted bio is not always evaluated by the same guy in the High Threat Office each time it is submitted. Crazy I know, but such is the Soap Opera we all know as "As the WPS Turns"

TFS/S 29 September 2012 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripod (Post 1058199253)
There are 2-3 guys at State that approve ALL bios's (yep, no shit). One guy has his idea of what cuts the mustard, and the other has his. Subjectivity at it's finest.

So yes, it happens. More often than you might think. The submitted bio is not always evaluated by the same guy in the High Threat Office each time it is submitted. Crazy I know, but such is the Soap Opera we all know as "As the WPS Turns"

If only DOS utilized a method that made sense...

Brew_City_Guy 29 September 2012 12:40

Quote:

"

Is this just for WPS or all DOS Bio reviews (like CJPS)?

OfficeSloth 29 September 2012 14:50

Quote:

There are 2-3 guys at State that approve ALL bios's (yep, no shit).

That is not the case.

Tripod 29 September 2012 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by OfficeSloth (Post 1058199463)
That is not the case.

I worked at the beginning of the year for one of the guys that worked the DoS High Threat Office (for 5 years)into 2011 and was one of three that approved bio's, as well as the guy that wrote Exhibit E. According to him (as of Feb this year) that is the case.

OfficeSloth 29 September 2012 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripod (Post 1058199479)
I worked at the beginning of the year for one of the guys that worked the DoS High Threat Office (for 5 years)into 2011 and was one of three that approved bio's, as well as the guy that wrote Exhibit E. According to him (as of Feb this year) that is the case.

That's awesome.

However, it still does not change the fact that your information is wrong.

Tripod 29 September 2012 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by OfficeSloth (Post 1058199511)
That's awesome.

However, it still does not change the fact that your information is wrong.

Then enlighten us.

TFS/S 29 September 2012 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripod (Post 1058199515)
Then enlighten us.

More information on how this process works inside of DOS the better. I am clueless. Which way is it?

MopyMerc:( 29 September 2012 23:20

Hmmm...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucks32 (Post 1058198881)

Ugh, you are so right!!!

If only there were some sort of unique number associated with each one of us as individuals (given to many of us at birth, perhaps) that could be used to uniquely identify each BIO approval. Then, in the future, to look up past BIO approvals, we would just have to enter this unique number to find all the BIOs in a database.

This number could even be, say, 9 digits long.

If only...

;)

jomini 29 September 2012 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by MopyMerc:( (Post 1058199604)
Ugh, you are so right!!!

If only there were some sort of unique number associated with each one of us as individuals (given to many of us at birth, perhaps) that could be used to uniquely identify each BIO approval. Then, in the future, to look up past BIO approvals, we would just have to enter this unique number to find all the BIOs in a database.

This number could even be, say, 9 digits long.

If only...

;)

I see what you did there.