SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   Law Enforcement (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Florida Deputy remained outside of school (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=131838)

Mars 6 June 2019 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangerous (Post 1058798439)
One does not need to be armed to be a protector of the kids (caregiver).

This is a very slippery cliff I donít think they thought about.

I for one sure don't want LEO's to be considered "caregivers." That is a horrible precedent if upheld.

Dangerous 6 June 2019 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mars (Post 1058798446)
I for one sure don't want LEO's to be considered "caregivers." That is a horrible precedent if upheld.

I am with you on this one.

just11b 6 June 2019 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mars (Post 1058798446)
I for one sure don't want LEO's to be considered "caregivers." That is a horrible precedent if upheld.

Word.

just11b 6 June 2019 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangerous (Post 1058798252)
Hey, I need a LEO to babysit the grandkids tomorrow since they are now considered ďcaregivers.Ē

I want this f-stick to live a very long life so everyone can point, laugh, shame, and call him a coward.

I will be pleasantly surprised if he pays for his actions/inactions.

I actually am more optimistic that he will be convicted. I think at a minimum he becomes a felon, spends a few years on probation, and die a penniless coward.

bobmueller 6 June 2019 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massgrunt (Post 1058798435)
Are the teachers also armed police officers specifically charged with protecting the kids?

If he was specifically charged with protecting kids, can he be charged with neglect any time one of those kids is assaulted at school?

If he's a cop, then he's a cop and covered under duty to protect. If he's a caregiver, then why is he the only caregiver charged? I think this is going to come back and bite people in the ass. I get wanting to punish him. But I think this is going to set a bad precedent.

Dino0311 7 June 2019 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobmueller (Post 1058798468)
If he was specifically charged with protecting kids, can he be charged with neglect any time one of those kids is assaulted at school?

If he hid instead of acting like he did in this actual, non-hypothetical incident that actually happened in the real world? Theoretically he probably could be.

Polypro 7 June 2019 10:15

"Acitve Killer" ??? Is that for real? Talk about some programming.

Whitebean54 7 June 2019 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polypro (Post 1058798517)
"Acitve Killer" ??? Is that for real? Talk about some programming.

Iíve never heard that phrased like that before.

Polypro 7 June 2019 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangerous (Post 1058798439)

This is a very slippery cliff I donít think they thought about.


This is the same shit that's been going on forever - but when you argue it without emotion, based on facts - people lose their shit because in this case he's clearly a *bad guy*.

Kill AMCITs w/o Due Process: "Well, he was a bad guy". Get an "Indefinite Detention" law on the books: "Well, it's only for "bad guys". Red Flag Laws: "Well it would have stopped that "bad guy".

Intelligent human beings are the 10% it seems. All you LEOs better be some "care giving" mf'ers as you approach retirement.

Quote:

"How horrible, something must be done! Here's something, lets do it!"

revanation 7 June 2019 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitebean54 (Post 1058798518)
Iíve never heard that phrased like that before.

I have. I've heard it used by some larger departments, and other federal agencies . I cant remember the exact specifics right now, as it's all becoming a blur anymore, but I have heard it used directly from multiple different LE entities.

Dangerous 7 June 2019 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polypro (Post 1058798520)
This is the same shit that's been going on forever - but when you argue it without emotion, based on facts - people lose their shit because in this case he's clearly a *bad guy*.

Kill AMCITs w/o Due Process: "Well, he was a bad guy". Get an "Indefinite Detention" law on the books: "Well, it's only for "bad guys". Red Flag Laws: "Well it would have stopped that "bad guy".

Intelligent human beings are the 10% it seems. All you LEOs better be some "care giving" mf'ers as you approach retirement.

Yep. If he broke the law, prosecute him. Donít stretch a law to suit your desires just to show some folks you are doing something.

Dino0311 7 June 2019 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polypro (Post 1058798517)
"Acitve Killer" ??? Is that for real? Talk about some programming.

Some training organizations are moving away from the term "active shooter" because it's not just shootings. FLETC uses "active threat" others use active killer. There is nothing more or less to it than that. I mean, that's what they are. If the active shooter community is offended that's their problem.

leopardprey 7 June 2019 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massgrunt (Post 1058798530)
Some training organizations are moving away from the term "active shooter" because it's not just shootings. FLETC uses "active threat" others use active killer. There is nothing more or less to it than that. I mean, that's what they are. If the active shooter community is offended that's their problem.

Makes sense, since we have seen people do just as much damage upon a populace, in a otherwise peaceful environment, with a vehicle, explosive devices, or a sword.

Polypro 7 June 2019 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massgrunt (Post 1058798530)
Some training organizations are moving away from the term "active shooter" because it's not just shootings. FLETC uses "active threat" others use active killer. There is nothing more or less to it than that. I mean, that's what they are. If the active shooter community is offended that's their problem.

Active Threat seems the most professional, if we want to play the "it was negligent, not an accident" word games that mean nothing. "Killer" is just gay - my opinion. I also see it as a way to justify some bullshit, in a few ways - but that's just me.

leopardprey 7 June 2019 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polypro (Post 1058798557)
Active Threat seems the most professional, if we want to play the "it was negligent, not an accident" word games that mean nothing. "Killer" is just gay - my opinion. I also see it as a way to justify some bullshit, in a few ways - but that's just me.

Agreed.

256 7 June 2019 14:36

Nothing too professional about actively rocking your AR against innocent people and killiing them..

Polypro 7 June 2019 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by 256 (Post 1058798564)
Nothing too professional about actively rocking your AR against innocent people and killiing them..

What are you talking about?

"It appears our suspect had an accidental discharge during the commission of the bank robbery"

"It appears our person of interest had a negligent discharge during the commission of the bank robbery"

Same shit.


Somebody hit me up when the next 'Active Maniacal Homicidal Slaughterer Training' class is starting enrollment.


Peterson, Florida, charges brought - got it boss! No more on this sidetrack from me, apologies :thumbsup:

256 7 June 2019 15:06

I hear ya. Killer sounds way more scarier. Maybe local governments needed some verbiage for a grant or two...

Dino0311 7 June 2019 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polypro (Post 1058798557)
Active Threat seems the most professional, if we want to play the "it was negligent, not an accident" word games that mean nothing. "Killer" is just gay - my opinion. I also see it as a way to justify some bullshit, in a few ways - but that's just me.

I think it sounds a little dumb but I disagree that it's a way to justify anything. Without meaning this as a personal attack at all, I think you tend to see these things through a filter.

256 7 June 2019 21:52

Common-ground, just opinions here.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:27.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved