SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   Law Enforcement (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Florida Deputy remained outside of school (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=131838)

Mars 17 May 2018 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polypro (Post 1058725234)
But can they take (reduce) your pension because of it? If you are fired for violating that policy in the last week of your career, do you lose/get less pension?

Honestly, I'm not sure, as that usually has to do with one's violating certain enumerated crimes.

We have used it before for internal investigations, but I'm not sure how it applies or applied to their retirement.

Whitebean54 17 May 2018 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polypro (Post 1058725234)
But can they take (reduce) your pension because of it? If you are fired for violating that policy in the last week of your career, do you lose/get less pension?

We just arrested several guys (police officers) some retired, some still working for malfeasance and injury to public document. So,yeah, they will take your pension too.

Whitebean54 17 May 2018 13:40

Handled via pm

Polypro 18 May 2018 05:58

Yeah, that was my point - the article stated he didn't commit a crime, so his pension wasn't touchable. The only crime I found was Article 99 under the UCMJ. "Policy" may get a person fired, but it isn't a crime, so they keep what they "earned" - it seems.

Whitebean54 18 May 2018 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polypro (Post 1058725348)
Yeah, that was my point - the article stated he didn't commit a crime, so his pension wasn't touchable. The only crime I found was Article 99 under the UCMJ. "Policy" may get a person fired, but it isn't a crime, so they keep what they "earned" - it seems.

With the moral cowardice displayed by the leadershit in this situation, I donít believe he will feel any financial hardship from it. I doubt a civil suit will get anything out of him either.

Silverbullet 18 May 2018 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitebean54 (Post 1058725369)
situation, I donít believe he will feel any financial hardship from it. I doubt a civil suit will get anything out of him either.

Agree.

They can't prove his entering would have mattered as it would appear impossible to prove he had the skill to make an impact on the situation.

leopardprey 18 May 2018 10:20

He is getting double in pension what most LE officer get as their full time salary! Unbelievable, especially under the circumstances. Sigh....

Massgrunt 18 May 2018 10:56

So, I think this guy is a pussy and I'm glad he's gone. As for the pension personal feelings aside it is legally due. Regarding a civil suit, it now appears that he was following department SOP however weak an excuse that is. He was quickly burnt at the stake by the sheriff for following the procedure he was technically required to follow. The sheriff is still in place.

I can tell you right now that the Boston Police SOP is a four officer entry. I don't believe many officers would wait for three more but that's what it is. Several officers I've talked to have voiced the opinion that if they went in before they had four and it went right they'd be lauded as heroes, if it went wrong they'd be raked over the coals for violating SOP.

Polypro 18 May 2018 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massgrunt (Post 1058725397)
Several officers I've talked to have voiced the opinion that if they went in before they had four and it went right they'd be lauded as heroes, if it went wrong they'd be raked over the coals for violating SOP.

The only "went wrong" I can think of in that case, is they get shot before the BG does. In which case the BG will just continue to do what he intended to do anyway as if they never entered at all?

Maybe my critical thinking skills are off - how is 1, 2, or 3 guys entering, WORSE for the victims, than not entering at all/after wait-wait-waiting for officer #4 to arrive?

Policy wonks - gotta love'em.

Massgrunt 18 May 2018 13:31

You're trying to make sense of administrative people... ;)

ExSquid 18 May 2018 18:01

We can only hope that one day he wakes up, looks himself in the mirror, says "f%$k, you are a piece of shit," and then suck starts a 9mm.

x/S

Dangerous 18 May 2018 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polypro (Post 1058725418)
The only "went wrong" I can think of in that case, is they get shot before the BG does. In which case the BG will just continue to do what he intended to do anyway as if they never entered at all?

Maybe my critical thinking skills are off - how is 1, 2, or 3 guys entering, WORSE for the victims, than not entering at all/after wait-wait-waiting for officer #4 to arrive?

Policy wonks - gotta love'em.

One good guy shooting at the POS would cause that POS to fold in a heartbeat. He had no fight in him, bully yes, fight none.

Whitebean54 18 May 2018 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangerous (Post 1058725532)
One good guy shooting at the POS would cause that POS to fold in a heartbeat. He had no fight in him, bully yes, fight none.

This times a fucking million. Most of these assholes donít have any fight in them.

Polypro 19 May 2018 06:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangerous (Post 1058725532)
One good guy shooting at the POS would cause that POS to fold in a heartbeat. He had no fight in him, bully yes, fight none.

I agree - I was 'Pro' go in solo if you have to, and anti-Boston PD policy :biggrin:

Polypro 19 May 2018 06:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitebean54 (Post 1058725562)
This times a fucking million. Most of these assholes donít have any fight in them.

I agree, just have Platt and Maddix in the back of your mind (but with a HS douche I'll double agree with you :biggrin:).

Whitebean54 19 May 2018 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polypro (Post 1058725618)
I agree, just have Platt and Maddix in the back of your mind (but with a HS douche I'll double agree with you :biggrin:).

Well thatís another problem (Miami Shootout) with cops in not bringing enough gun to a fight.

mdavid 20 May 2018 06:51

In our part of the woods deputies are typically allowed to retire before they are arrested for crimes.
He's committed no crime, there is no oversight and bamn, old guy is making more than tech engineers....

No one is going to touch petersons blood money.

It's way beyond time to look into law enforcement pay and benefits and align them with the community.
120k a year for an SRO, 100k a year in retirement for life...for armed security at a school?.....hell no

grog18b 31 May 2018 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitebean54 (Post 1058725627)
Well thatís another problem (Miami Shootout) with cops in not bringing enough gun to a fight.

You have to have enough gun to act, and having a good firearm is important too.

If you are a LEO and have not resolved the fact that someday you might have to use that tool on your belt for its intended purpose, get a new job before you do some shit like this.

As is often said, be kind, be courteous, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone in the room. Someday, you might need that plan.

Expatmedic 1 June 2018 13:42

Even Paramedics were ready to enter the unknown albeit with LE escort.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/01...port-says.html

RichTales 3 June 2018 05:31

I'm not sure that his retirement can be touched by wrongful death lawsuits. Didn't OJ Simpson keep his?

Personally, I wouldn't agree to go through the rest of my life branded a coward for $8000 a month.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved