SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   Law Enforcement (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Florida Deputy remained outside of school (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=131838)

Chimo 23 February 2018 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyBad (Post 1058708372)
We need to get drugs off the streets. How is that working out?

I'm all for making it more difficult to obtain a firearm. You should not be able to walk into a store and walk right back out with a firearm for one. Two, aside from Felony... if you have a drug conviction, DWI conviction or a Family Violence Conviction, you should not be allowed to own a firearm.

But that doesn't mean guns will be 'off the streets'. Much like drugs, guns are not hard to obtain.

If Iím a law abiding citizen why in the hell shouldnt I be able to just walk in pass a background check buy a gun? Years ago you could order them out of a damn Magizine and they would be delivered in the mail, or pop into your local store and get one without any check. We didnít have this going on. But yeah great idea letís limit everyone because of a few fucktards.

Silverbullet 23 February 2018 17:49

Quote:

I'm all for making it more difficult to obtain a firearm. You should not be able to walk into a store and walk right back out with a firearm for one.

Why not?

revanation 23 February 2018 17:58

Quote:

We need to get drugs off the streets. How is that working out?

I'm all for making it more difficult to obtain a firearm. You should not be able to walk into a store and walk right back out with a firearm for one. Two, aside from Felony... if you have a drug conviction, DWI conviction or a Family Violence Conviction, you should not be allowed to own a firearm.

But that doesn't mean guns will be 'off the streets'. Much like drugs, guns are not hard to obtain.

A drug conviction? So convicted of possession of user amount of mj or some other retarded possession charge and can't own a gun, because the all knowing government says that's a useless drug(or plant)..
Fuck that.

ramzmedic 23 February 2018 18:02

I don't find it as disturbing that the Sheriff's office didn't have more of a bead on this douche after 30+ visits in 7 years, but that said douche apparently was able to pass a background after all that. Does the fact that he was under 18 except for a few of the most recent police reports have anything to do with it?

MyBad 23 February 2018 18:16

Quote:

Why not?
Because those joke of a background checks that are conducted at Academy Sports & Outdoors/Cabelas have been proven to be ineffective. A revamp from ground up needs to be established. How many times have I taken unto custody a convicted felon who is in possession of a firearm and shows a receipt of the firearm he, himself purchased at Cabelas/ Academy the week prior?

Failing to see why its such an issue to wait a few days for a more effective background check...?

Quote:

convicted of possession of user amount of mj or some other retarded possession charge and can't own a gun, because the all knowing government says that's a useless drug(or plant)..
The day it becomes legal in your area, the issue can be addressed as far as purpose. But if you cannot handle your Alchohol, Temper or the ability to refrain from illegal narcotics (however the argument potency) why would you be trusted with firearms?

Silverbullet 23 February 2018 18:26

It's an issue because I'm an American and shouldn't have to have a background check, let alone wait a few days for someone to do one.

I really don't care what felon has a firearm or not. that has nothing to do with everyone Constitutionally protected rights.

MyBad 23 February 2018 18:35

I think we can both agree the times have changed since late 1700s. But perhaps we shall differ in this opinion as I believe in today society background checks are needed

Silverbullet 23 February 2018 18:43

Yeah things have changed since the 1700's, we were fighting for our freedom and creating a country.

Giving the gov power to regulate how long you need to wait on owning something that is a right is a non starter.

Fix the revolving door justice system and get back to me on your thoughts about restricting what is codified and protected by the Constitution.

Fubar 23 February 2018 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyBad (Post 1058708394)
I think we can both agree the times have changed since late 1700s. But perhaps we shall differ in this opinion as I believe in today society background checks are needed

We sure will differ. BCs are an infringement on the right itself, as is registration. You said yourself BCs are a joke. Every legal and societal limit that could be placed on this latest shooter failed us. Feds, Local PDs, Schools, everything. What makes you think a background check would have helped here? He passed because no one in a position of authority over this kid ever raised a red flag about him. This doesn't even address what he could have obtained on the black market. BCs don't fix shit in this situation.

Silverbullet 23 February 2018 19:04

He's not trying to fix this situation.
He clearly advocates BC's and delay in firearm purchase time as something that should be standard.

Fubar 23 February 2018 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverbullet (Post 1058708399)
He's not trying to fix this situation.
He clearly advocates BC's and delay in firearm purchase time as something that should be standard.

Okay. What problem does that solve? Back it up with proof.

Both are an infringement of the right itself.

Chimo 23 February 2018 19:26

Quote:

Oh for fucks sake.

Sigi 23 February 2018 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick (Post 1058708223)
I came across this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheLastRe...54507744374784

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/9...744374784.html

If itís tin foil crap my deepest apologies. If itís even 10% true there needs be an independent congressional investigation of the FBI, Broward and Dade County LEA and School Boards.

@TheLastRefuge2 is one of several very good posters on Twitter who post in 'thread format' meaning they post in sequential mode so as not to get there tweets entangled with other members. I am on Twitter specifically to read posters like this who don't work for anyone really and do tremendous research as indy reporters so to speak.

Sigi 23 February 2018 19:35

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ramzmedic (Post 1058708387)
I don't find it as disturbing that the Sheriff's office didn't have more of a bead on this douche after 30+ visits in 7 years, but that said douche apparently was able to pass a background after all that. Does the fact that he was under 18 except for a few of the most recent police reports have anything to do with it?

A few call reports attached from Sheriff deputies responding to calls about Cruz.

There has also been a release of an FBI phone call transcript from a caller providing pretty detailed info on the mental instability and devious behavior (criminal as well as violent) of Cruz. I am no FBI agent and have no idea how many of these threats they field or how they process them, so for me to place that transcript into ANY kind of context is impossible. But this one fell through the cracks and here we are.

8654maine 23 February 2018 19:40

Background check isn't as foolproof as one thinks nor is it without fault.

gavin 23 February 2018 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyBad (Post 1058708390)
How many times have I taken unto custody a convicted felon who is in possession of a firearm and shows a receipt of the firearm he, himself purchased at Cabelas/ Academy the week prior?

How about you tell us how many times you've done that?

Fubar 23 February 2018 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavin (Post 1058708408)
How about you tell us how many times you've done that?

Yeah, that smells like bullshit to me, too. Present some factual information, MyBad. Or do you expect people here to just take your word for it? LOL

grog18b 23 February 2018 20:02

I don't know a single convicted felon that carries receipts for anything on them, let alone felony possessed firearms... This is not the house to BS in bro...

Provide a valid argument for what you are saying, and we'll listen. Try to baffle us with bullshit... well, that dog just won't hunt.

leopardprey 23 February 2018 20:11

Quote:

Should we require a background check before someone is allowed to practice Islam or attend a Mosque?

KW Driver 23 February 2018 20:43

Quote:

yeah, we differ.

"...shall not be infringed." is pretty clear language.

did you raise a hand, swearing or affirming to support and defend that phrase and the Amendment it's to be found in as well as the rest of the document before you but on a badge?