SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   Navy SEALs (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   White House fellows (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=133349)

Rockville 15 October 2018 20:25

White House fellows
 
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...house-fellows/

impressive. two SEALs and one EOD on the list

Frog 16 October 2018 10:18

We almost always have SEALs there as Fellows. Look for their names to be on the Admiral list down the road.

DC 16 October 2018 13:14

Shell went through Eglin when I was an instructor there. Having a Rhodes Scholar in EOD school was not an everyday occurrence. Very smart guy, glad for him and the community.

HighDragLowSpeed 16 October 2018 14:53

The guy I knew from college rode that fellowship to make the rank of Commander long before our other classmates and was well on his way to flag rank.

Until, that is, his command tour in which had a collision on the Straits of Hormuz and even the contacts made during his fellowship couldn't save him. He retired shjortly thereafter.

As I age, the Laws of the Navy become more and more of a truism....

Quote:

Now these are laws of the Navy,
Unwritten and varied they be;
And he that is wise will observe them,
Going down in his ship to the sea;
--snip--
Count not upon certain promotion,
But rather to gain it aspire;
Though the sight-line end on the target,
There cometh, perchance, a miss-fire.

https://digital.lib.uh.edu/contentdm.../1159/1160.pdf

RIVERSTYX 18 October 2018 12:34

Travis is a great dude...well deserved!

d322 19 October 2018 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighDragLowSpeed (Post 1058755831)
The guy I knew from college rode that fellowship to make the rank of Commander long before our other classmates and was well on his way to flag rank.

Until, that is, his command tour in which had a collision on the Straits of Hormuz and even the contacts made during his fellowship couldn't save him. He retired shortly thereafter.

As I age, the Laws of the Navy become more and more of a truism....

HDLS,

Was he in command of the USS Porter when they collided in 2012? If so he was a bit of a hotdog and made a very bad decision... Lucky no one was killed.

HighDragLowSpeed 21 October 2018 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by d322 (Post 1058756460)
HDLS,

Was he in command of the USS Porter when they collided in 2012? If so he was a bit of a hotdog and made a very bad decision... Lucky no one was killed.

USS McCampbell (DDG 85) 2006.

Rockville 27 November 2019 18:51

a new one
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...house-fellows/

Marshall Boyd is from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and is placed at the White House Office of Management and Budget. Marshall is a Commander in the United States Navy and a Navy SEAL. Throughout his 15 year career, he has led in various levels of combat and managed organizations that conducted counter insurgency, counter terrorism, and other Special Operations spanning 5 continents. Most recently, he served in a principal leadership role for a SEAL Team as an Executive Officer. In this capacity, he managed the training, operations, and deployment task organization of more than 100 SEALs and combat support technicians to sustain Department of Defense mission requirements for the National Security Strategy. He has conducted multiple overseas deployments to Iraq, Afghanistan, Eastern Africa, and the Arabian Peninsula, receiving an array of valorous awards and commendations. He received his Bachelor of Science in Engineering from the United States Naval Academy where he competed as a Division-1 athlete on the men’s swim team, serving as captain his senior year. He also earned a Master of Public Policy from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University, where he was a member of the men’s rugby team.

havok88 27 November 2019 19:58

He was an RT commander at SBT22 when I was there. Awesome dude!

RIVERSTYX 1 December 2019 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockville (Post 1058827894)
a new one
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...house-fellows/

Marshall Boyd is from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and is placed at the White House Office of Management and Budget. Marshall is a Commander in the United States Navy and a Navy SEAL. Throughout his 15 year career, he has led in various levels of combat and managed organizations that conducted counter insurgency, counter terrorism, and other Special Operations spanning 5 continents. Most recently, he served in a principal leadership role for a SEAL Team as an Executive Officer. In this capacity, he managed the training, operations, and deployment task organization of more than 100 SEALs and combat support technicians to sustain Department of Defense mission requirements for the National Security Strategy. He has conducted multiple overseas deployments to Iraq, Afghanistan, Eastern Africa, and the Arabian Peninsula, receiving an array of valorous awards and commendations. He received his Bachelor of Science in Engineering from the United States Naval Academy where he competed as a Division-1 athlete on the menís swim team, serving as captain his senior year. He also earned a Master of Public Policy from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University, where he was a member of the menís rugby team.

Great dude. Well deserved.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 00:36.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved