SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   Navy SEALs (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Retired Master Chief Britt Slabinski to Receive Medal of Honor (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=132333)

gavin 10 May 2018 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishSoldier (Post 1058723930)
Is the AF write up available? My google-fu is weak and I cant find a write up, which seems strange at this point.

Google his AFC. The MoH has not been officially approved yet.

Proeliator 37 13 May 2018 01:00

1) Anyone here witnessed any of these events first hand? No? Then, your opinion - either way - means little. 2) Nothing stated on this thread will change anything regarding the awards. 3) There are many sides to a firefight and rarely does the "fog of war" ever lift, even years after the war has ended for those who took part.

DB8541 13 May 2018 15:57

Those guys landed inside of a hornets nest and regardless of who gets or got what medal, those who were not there (mainly the media and Monday morning QB's) shouldn't second guess decisions made under such extreme conditions. We all know Shit goes side ways real quick in situations like that and every choice has drastic outcomes good and bad.

I would bet the guys on that hill replay those decisions in their minds every single day. I would hope that both sides remember that nothing ever goes as planned when you step off on a mission and that second guessing others after the fact cannot be put into context of the missions split second decisions.

I hope all of the guys directly involved can find some way to move forward and accept that some really tough questions just do not have answers and some decisions to really tough choices have to put into the same context the second it was made.

LouisianaMan 13 May 2018 20:28

Out of my lane.....

I make decisions daily, sometimes hourly, that affect lots of folks. Some are wrong, some are spot on.....I use the info given to me upstream to make my best call....

....as I'm absolutely positive these guys did.....and still do......

Way back to my lane!!!

Sharky 14 May 2018 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proeliator 37 (Post 1058724372)
1) Anyone here witnessed any of these events first hand? No? Then, your opinion - either way - means little. 2) Nothing stated on this thread will change anything regarding the awards. 3) There are many sides to a firefight and rarely does the "fog of war" ever lift, even years after the war has ended for those who took part.

Thanks for clearing that up. We had no clue.

RichTales 15 May 2018 04:44

Before the BCS, in college football, there were instances when two teams were awarded the national championship by two different sport networks. And, yes, there were arguments for a short time after. But, in the end, it simply meant that twice as many folks were able to go through life with those championship rings proudly worn.

What's wrong with two brave warriors, and their families, going through eternity with the ability to proudly proclaim a family MOH?

CLEARED HOT 27 May 2018 14:10

I can tell you now for FACT that Slab made the call and still sticks by that decision. It is a proven fact that his decision saved lives and those that were there approximate they would all be dead had Slab not made the decision he did. So you all can fuck off about this intra-service rivalry about leaving a man behind. Every service had done it. It's not the first time nor the last.