SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   The SOCNET Motorcycle Thread (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=124963)

Dragbag 7 September 2013 10:56

Matchanu, I just have add this, we knew you team guys had penis envy of all of us Force Marines when we were around each other, we gave you guys the benefit of the doubt though, due to shrinkage from the cold water of the SD Bay.:eek:

8654maine 7 September 2013 11:47

Man, I'm hankering for a bike, but the wallet is thin.

Matchanu 7 September 2013 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8654maine (Post 1058320440)
Man, I'm hankering for a bike, but the wallet is thin.

Start off small and affordable, rebuild it and make it pretty, sell up and buy up, repeat.


Worked for me.;)

JoeArmyNCO 7 September 2013 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatkindasux (Post 1058320325)

Nice.

CAP MARINE 7 September 2013 15:16

Just dropped by Fort Thunder in Moore,Ok.looking at a Street Bob.i can build one on the Harley web and get a whole lot more for my $. I have a little 883C,08,my first bike.

Local 7 September 2013 21:20

4 Attachment(s)
Built my girl from the ground up.

This is the first machine I've ever done all the work and maintenance on . It's been a learning experience and I've loved (almost) every minute of it.

My favorite mods are the 120 db compressor driven air horn I hid under the tail section and the after market penski rear shock. Damn thing always ran like a raped ape but making her handling and braking world class has added the most to the riding experience.

I ride her every day it's possible in Boston weather .. and some days I probably shouldn't. She has never let me down.

Im looking into buying a 1993 Yamaha VMAX so she might have a sister soon.

- Local

Harley Busa 8 September 2013 08:54

My HD Fatboy, can't find any pics of my Hayabusa.

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/v...emedic/012.jpg

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/v...ic/010-1-1.jpg

8654maine 8 September 2013 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matchanu (Post 1058320441)
Start off small and affordable, rebuild it and make it pretty, sell up and buy up, repeat.


Worked for me.;)

You got me. Will save for Spring.

bugeater 8 September 2013 09:29

Here's my baby:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...o/IMG_1448.jpg

2012 S1000RR... I mean, come on, it's got heated hand grips!

Local 8 September 2013 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugeater (Post 1058320568)
Here's my baby:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...o/IMG_1448.jpg

2012 S1000RR... I mean, come on, it's got heated hand grips!


this is beautiful. I got to ride one of these for a weekend and it's the fastest smoothest ride I've ever sat on.

- Local

Medic09 8 September 2013 15:14

1 Attachment(s)
This is my regular commuter and grocery hauler. There's a '75 Triumph Trident T160 in the garage that desperately needs to be refurbished and put back on the road. And there's a pretty long list of previous rides. I think my all time favorites were my '78 Honda SOHC 750Four and the '01 Triumph Sprint ST 955i. But the wife likes this one, and Momma should be happy. :biggrin:

bugeater 9 September 2013 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Local (Post 1058320598)
this is beautiful. I got to ride one of these for a weekend and it's the fastest smoothest ride I've ever sat on.

- Local

Thanks! Pretty much every time I ride, when I want to go fast it does, and makes me do this: :eek::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

BackInTheDay 9 September 2013 15:04

Quote:

Ya'll can buy your fancy chrome machines, every piece of this scooter has been fabricated or built by me to include the engine.

When you can figure out how to double the horsepower of one of your Harleys (not with bolt on, but custom engineering and fabrication and trial and error) let's talk.
Still a Vespa tho

B 2/75 9 September 2013 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackInTheDay (Post 1058320853)
Still a Vespa tho


Might be, but that's a Scooter that I'd love to have myself.

Fast Eddie 9 September 2013 15:58

1 Attachment(s)
Old School.... Bought this bike in 1976 while stationed in Charleston, SC. Sold it three years later right before I got out of active duty. I found it on Ebay four years ago. SN matched and it still had the my initials scratched in under the seat!! Still runs like a scalded dog just takes longer for her to warm up!

Fast Eddie 9 September 2013 16:02

1 Attachment(s)
New School 2009 Road king with some bling!

KidA 9 September 2013 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie (Post 1058320866)
Old School.... Bought this bike in 1976 while stationed in Charleston, SC. Sold it three years later right before I got out of active duty. I found it on Ebay four years ago. SN matched and it still had the my initials scratched in under the seat!! Still runs like a scalded dog just takes longer for her to warm up!

My next door neighbor's dad when I was a kid had one of these, it was the first street bike I rode on the back of and I still remember how damned fast it was.

He was a VN vet, rode the piss out of anything on two wheels and we'd watch him bring the front wheel of that up and go through all the gears riding a wheelie. To say he could ride was an understatement.

Mac 9 September 2013 18:59

KidA, was the Vespa picture a joke, or do you really ride one?

Fast Eddie 9 September 2013 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by KidA (Post 1058320899)
My next door neighbor's dad when I was a kid had one of these, it was the first street bike I rode on the back of and I still remember how damned fast it was.

He was a VN vet, rode the piss out of anything on two wheels and we'd watch him bring the front wheel of that up and go through all the gears riding a wheelie. To say he could ride was an understatement.

I used to bet beers for the night that I could do 0-60 in first gear without redlining it. Never lost that bet! Many a weekend night doing 130-140 on I-26 at 2:00am headed back to the ship drunk and fucked up.

Hoepoe 9 September 2013 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medic09 (Post 1058320627)
This is my regular commuter and grocery hauler. There's a '75 Triumph Trident T160 in the garage that desperately needs to be refurbished and put back on the road. And there's a pretty long list of previous rides. I think my all time favorites were my '78 Honda SOHC 750Four and the '01 Triumph Sprint ST 955i. But the wife likes this one, and Momma should be happy. :biggrin:

Nice bike! By the panniers it looks like you tour on it?

H


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:35.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved