SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   World's earliest record of the F-word (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=136163)

AKAPete 6 April 2020 09:22

World's earliest record of the F-word
 
World's earliest record of the F-word is discovered in manuscript written by bored Scottish student in 1568 locked away in the vault of the National Library of Scotland

Story

".......The BBC Scotland documentary, which airs at 10pm on Tuesday, looks through the use of swearing at the BBC, while also looking at how famous comedian Billy Connolly got around censors during his career. .."

The Scotts, hmmmmmm. :)

KS11 6 April 2020 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKAPete (Post 1058853639)
World's earliest record of the F-word is discovered in manuscript written by bored Scottish student in 1568 locked away in the vault of the National Library of Scotland

Story

".......The BBC Scotland documentary, which airs at 10pm on Tuesday, looks through the use of swearing at the BBC, while also looking at how famous comedian Billy Connolly got around censors during his career. .."

The Scotts, hmmmmmm. :)

I think you mean "the fucking Scots"...:biggrin:

ET1/ss nuke 6 April 2020 10:23

Fooken, as they'd say. Scottish is about as intelligible to non-speakers as Gullah.

schibbs 6 April 2020 11:19

I am quite sure Abraham and Moses may have let out a few F-bombs!

leopardprey 6 April 2020 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKAPete (Post 1058853639)
World's earliest record of the F-word is discovered in manuscript written by bored Scottish student in 1568 locked away in the vault of the National Library of Scotland

Story

".......The BBC Scotland documentary, which airs at 10pm on Tuesday, looks through the use of swearing at the BBC, while also looking at how famous comedian Billy Connolly got around censors during his career. .."

The Scotts, hmmmmmm. :)

Getting bored being quarantined at home? :biggrin:

Janitor 6 April 2020 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by schibbs (Post 1058853665)
I am quite sure Abraham and Moses may have let out a few F-bombs!

I think that honor goes to Adam when he learned that he had to choose between a life of ease in the Garden of Eden forever, or having no nookie for eternity 'cuz the only woman was getting kicked out.

cj 6 April 2020 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke (Post 1058853653)
Fooken, as they'd say. Scottish is about as intelligible to non-speakers as Gullah.

LOL, the wife and I were sitting in a BnB in Edinburgh a few years ago with the television tuned to a local news report from an elementary classroom. The reporter was interviewing the kids. The wife asked me what language they were speaking. I had no f...ing idea. :biggrin:

schibbs 6 April 2020 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janitor (Post 1058853676)
I think that honor goes to Adam when he learned that he had to choose between a life of ease in the Garden of Eden forever, or having no nookie for eternity 'cuz the only woman was getting kicked out.

Ya, no doubt, probably through a tantrum trying to sew a loin cloth out of F-leaves!

Mingo Kane 6 April 2020 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janitor (Post 1058853676)
I think that honor goes to Adam when he learned that he had to choose between a life of ease in the Garden of Eden forever, or having no nookie for eternity 'cuz the only woman was getting kicked out.

...and the worst part was God let him discover jerking off after the fact.

Justaclerk 6 April 2020 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mingo Kane (Post 1058853689)
...and the worst part was God let him discover jerking off after the fact.

I suspect that since PH didn't exist and he had only one visual to work with that would get old real fast. :biggrin:

Tracy 6 April 2020 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by schibbs (Post 1058853665)
I am quite sure Abraham and Moses may have let out a few F-bombs!


Especially when Moses tripped and dropped one tablet. Now we only have ten commandments... :smile:

Janitor 6 April 2020 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy (Post 1058853703)
Especially when Moses tripped and dropped one tablet. Now we only have ten commandments... :smile:

I heard that the 11th commandment codified the pinky test.

1RiserSlip 6 April 2020 14:01

For Millennials it was probably Reservoir Dogs.

Sltwtr1 6 April 2020 14:25

I was always under the impression in came from the Police charge in the UK.

People engaged in sexual activity, against the law or in public, were arrested under the charge: For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. = F.U.C.K.

i.e they were Fucking..

Sltwtr1

OUT

Mingo Kane 6 April 2020 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justaclerk (Post 1058853695)
I suspect that since PH didn't exist and he had only one visual to work with that would get old real fast. :biggrin:

Naw...the real true Merican southern Baptist believe that's when the Muslims were created. I mean goat fucking and camel orgies had to start somewhere. ;)

Mingo Kane 6 April 2020 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sltwtr1 (Post 1058853712)
I was always under the impression in came from the Police charge in the UK.

People engaged in sexual activity, against the law or in public, were arrested under the charge: For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. = F.U.C.K.

i.e they were Fucking..

Sltwtr1

OUT


...and if you were legal it was: Fornication Under Consent of the King :smile:

Gray Rhyno 6 April 2020 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy (Post 1058853703)
Especially when Moses tripped and dropped one tablet. Now we only have ten commandments... :smile:

"I BRING YOU THESE FIFTEEN COMMANDMENTS!!" :biggrin:

The first time I saw the movie, I wondered what sins were 11-15.

Janitor 7 April 2020 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sltwtr1 (Post 1058853712)
I was always under the impression in came from the Police charge in the UK.

People engaged in sexual activity, against the law or in public, were arrested under the charge: For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. = F.U.C.K.

i.e they were Fucking..

Sltwtr1

OUT

FYSA.

hawkdrver 7 April 2020 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke (Post 1058853653)
Fooken, as they'd say. Scottish is about as intelligible to non-speakers as Gullah.

Camp Bastion one summer, I was giving a new guy his first fam ride. He's a weapons school guy, so he gives me the not my first rodeo, what do I need to know routine.

I said, you are not going to be able to understand a single word on the radio for at least a week. He rolled his eyes, then we went out to the helo and I was right. He didn't answer a single radio call.

I said, and those were just standard Brits dude. Wait until you get a scared Scottish guy on FM secure. Good luck with that. :biggrin:

I dated a girl from Glasgow for about a year while I was stationed in the UK. Didn't understand a single word. :biggrin:

1RiserSlip 8 April 2020 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkdrver (Post 1058854059)
I dated a girl from Glasgow for about a year while I was stationed in the UK. Didn't understand a single word. :biggrin:

No disrespect to the spouse unit but WT Fuck? That was the ultimate perfect relationship. :smile:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 23:17.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Socnet.com All Rights Reserved