SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   International Jobs (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   PSS BIO Approvals and Denials (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=112222)

OfficeSloth 30 September 2012 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripod (Post 1058199515)
Then enlighten us.

This is not a debate.

As was stated previously, "This is SOCNET, not I heard it from a budnet."

The information you are presenting is wrong. There are numerous people within HTP who review bios. In fact there are a good deal more people than just the 2-3 you propose.

Tripod 30 September 2012 11:27

So as not to confuse any of you who rely on good up to date gouge in pursuit of employment, my info is 7 months old, and in the rapidly changing world of WPS it is outdated. Sometimes I lose track of how long I've been out of the loop.

My apologies for having confused the issue.

Gsniper 30 September 2012 11:35

Quote:

"This is SOCNET, not I heard it from a budnet."
While this axiom generally holds true, when you "heard it from a bud" what was doing it at DOS last week, it could be classified as pretty good information.

Tripod may be a bit outdated, but I can verify that at the time he is referring to, there were very few dudes doing all the bios. As for now, I've been out of the WPS net for 5 months (thank god), so things could and probably have changed a bit.

bmbsqd 30 September 2012 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximus (Post 1058199094)
That is all good until you need to preform those medical skills. Then it goes south very quickly. The 3 year required experience, is there for a reason.

+1! I'm just glad to see these BIOs are being taken seriously. Back in the day companies were putting anyone with a first aid kit on a PSD team as the team medic. Let's not forget the famous poser who was the "medic" on the Aegis PSD team when two Columbian bled out because he clearly didn't learn how to stop the bleeding while deserting from the FFL! :mad:

Good on them for checking resumes and histories!

Bgatewood89 13 January 2020 01:58

DOS WPS BIOS APPROVAL TIMELINE

ok i'm a newbie to the DOS WPS Program,QUESTION........ i'm currently in the hiring process i was informed that the hiring company will be sending my BIOS to the DOS for approval. Anyone know approximate turn around for approval now days? Reading some past post seem heavy few years back. Trying to get an idea for 2020.

275RLTW 13 January 2020 03:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bgatewood89 (Post 1058837000)
ok i'm a newbie to the DOS WPS Program,QUESTION........ i'm currently in the hiring process i was informed that the hiring company will be sending my BIOS to the DOS for approval. Anyone know approximate turn around for approval now days? Reading some past post seem heavy few years back. Trying to get an idea for 2020.

Sounds like a great question for your recruiter.

Bgatewood89 13 January 2020 03:47

Exactly I’ve ask 4 different recuriters all of them gave me different answers .
Recuriter A: 3-4 weeks
Recuriter B: 1-5 months surely he’s super new had to be ref to clearance.
Recuriter C:days
Recuriter D not allow to say
So many different answers some of my buddies down range say days just wondering why some many different answers . Guess only way is to chill and wait !

Bgatewood89 13 January 2020 03:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by 275RLTW (Post 1058837002)
Sounds like a great question for your recruiter.

Exactly I’ve ask 4 different recuriters all of them gave me different answers .
Recuriter A: 3-4 weeks
Recuriter B: 1-5 months surely he’s super new had to be ref to clearance.
Recuriter C:days
Recuriter D not allow to say
So many different answers some of my buddies down range say days just wondering why some many different answers . Guess only way is to chill and wait !

275RLTW 13 January 2020 05:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bgatewood89 (Post 1058837003)
Guess only way is to chill and wait !

There’s you go. You figured it out. (Not being sarcastic. That IS the answer.)

Silverbullet 13 January 2020 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bgatewood89 (Post 1058837000)

Based on your profile, how do you even qualify or did they do away with mil/ LE experience requirement?

Jong 13 January 2020 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverbullet (Post 1058837027)
Based on your profile, how do you even qualify or did they do away with mil/ LE experience requirement?

DOS requirements just state it has to be protective security and doesn't limit it to LE/mil experience.

Experience may be gained in the employ of any national, state, provincial, local, or commercial entities providing armed high threat protective services that require skills similar to those identified in the required training course

275RLTW 13 January 2020 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jong (Post 1058837039)
DOS requirements just state it has to be protective security and doesn't limit it to LE/mil experience.

Experience may be gained in the employ of any national, state, provincial, local, or commercial entities providing armed high threat protective services that require skills similar to those identified in the required training course

“High threat”

Silverbullet 13 January 2020 10:31

In other words, heartbeat and a passport....

Jong 13 January 2020 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverbullet (Post 1058837042)
In other words, heartbeat and a passport....

Yep! Seen way too many of those!

firstshirt 13 January 2020 11:48

Quote:

I just want to know what it takes to be a considered a high network individual....

Purgatory 13 January 2020 13:49

knew a dude once that got on a PSD gig (non WPS, Balad) because he was a bouncer in Vegas (state licensed) .... showed up with a plastic walmart bag as a carry on and ZERO kit, and ZERO skills ... on my current job my Brit and Aussie friends laugh at our (US) 12 page CVs (BIOS).. but I guess that is the only way to sift through the BS.. the more they write the easier it is to call BS...

good luck with your BIO

Purgatory 13 January 2020 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstshirt (Post 1058837050)
high network individual....

I'm a high networking MoFO

Bgatewood89 14 January 2020 06:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purgatory (Post 1058837061)
knew a dude once that got on a PSD gig (non WPS, Balad) because he was a bouncer in Vegas (state licensed) .... showed up with a plastic walmart bag as a carry on and ZERO kit, and ZERO skills ... on my current job my Brit and Aussie friends laugh at our (US) 12 page CVs (BIOS).. but I guess that is the only way to sift through the BS.. the more they write the easier it is to call BS...

good luck with your BIO

Appreciate it I also use to work for the DOD never did any low level security such as bouncer stuff But I’ll keep you posted on the DOS approval!

Bgatewood89 14 January 2020 06:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstshirt (Post 1058837050)
I just want to know what it takes to be a considered a high network individual....

Billions and billions of dollars and a lot of power .

Bgatewood89 14 January 2020 06:43

Quote:

5.5 years protective detail for a high ranking political figure.