SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network

SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network (http://www.socnet.com/index.php)
-   Psyop/Civil Affairs (http://www.socnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=263)
-   -   MISO back to PSYOP (http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=121156)

MindBlown37F 7 August 2014 20:27

MISO back to PSYOP

In case many of you former/current PSYOPers were unaware, the MISOC is officially done with and we are returning to POB & POG. From what the memo states: PSYOP is who we are now
and MISO is what we do. Take that as you will, we all know big changes are coming down the line such as the integration with the 1st Special Forces Command and well as possibly splitting the 37F MOS into 3 cmf's and the first steps of creating a PSYOP Warrant MOS. Big Big changes….

gavin 7 August 2014 21:12

I would be a little bit pleased if USASOC or its subordinate commands could make a big change and then wait longer than 3 years before we reverse, nullify, or substantively modify it...but that's just me...

37F5V 7 August 2014 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavin (Post 1058412356)
I would be a little bit pleased if USASOC or its subordinate commands could make a big change and then wait longer than 3 years before we reverse, nullify, or substantively modify it...but that's just me...

Keep dreaming... Nothing but constant turmoil. Some of it self-inflicted, some of it pushed down from on high. Next step will be big Army saying "FU put it all back."

Box 8 August 2014 01:01

you have to keep the shells moving if you plan to fool anyone with the shell game that is 2022......

Hot Mess 8 August 2014 01:13

1 Attachment(s)
Fucking clown show...

37F5V 8 August 2014 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy L-bach (Post 1058412410)
you have to keep the shells moving if you plan to fool anyone with the shell game that is 2022......

Embrace it!

Box 8 August 2014 10:36

...oh I do embrace it. I think it is the most greatest.

Bro 1 October 2014 04:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBlown37F (Post 1058412344)
In case many of you former/current PSYOPers were unaware, the MISOC is officially done with and we are returning to POB & POG. From what the memo states: PSYOP is who we are now
and MISO is what we do. Take that as you will, we all know big changes are coming down the line such as the integration with the 1st Special Forces Command and well as possibly splitting the 37F MOS into 3 cmf's and the first steps of creating a PSYOP Warrant MOS. Big Big changes….

Oh SNAP! If you are correct about the Warrant path opening up, I may not be getting out after all! *crossing fingers

-Bro
Back from hiatus
Ft. Bragg, NC

37F5V 1 October 2014 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro (Post 1058426919)
Oh SNAP! If you are correct about the Warrant path opening up, I may not be getting out after all! *crossing fingers

-Bro
Back from hiatus
Ft. Bragg, NC

Curious. What would you do differently as a Warrant Officer that you can't/don't do now?

Bro 12 November 2014 17:55

Good question 37F5V;

After much thought and more beer... having WO's may not be a great thing after all.

-Bro

MindBlown37F 21 December 2014 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bro (Post 1058435477)
Good question 37F5V;

After much thought and more beer... having WO's may not be a great thing after all.

-Bro

Well to caveat that, since I'm currently deployed on a mist, one of the biggest problems I've experienced is the lack of continuity. Even though it's a struggle to get repeat deployers to countries (in the regional batts), warrants may be that link to country continuity. I'm not saying warrants would be deployed on a mist, but would command that specific country mission and be the linkage between the team in country and the team in the chute, since we all know team members get swapped at the very last second. This way that warrant would be the SME on all series, programs and events for that country. And please don't tell me that's the rist's job cause thats a whole different can of worms.
Just some food for thought

TPT1776 24 December 2014 14:28

The way the restructuring was explained to me is that we should see an increase of RC assignments.

37F5V 21 January 2015 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBlown37F (Post 1058443932)
Well to caveat that, since I'm currently deployed on a mist, one of the biggest problems I've experienced is the lack of continuity. Even though it's a struggle to get repeat deployers to countries (in the regional batts), warrants may be that link to country continuity. I'm not saying warrants would be deployed on a mist, but would command that specific country mission and be the linkage between the team in country and the team in the chute, since we all know team members get swapped at the very last second. This way that warrant would be the SME on all series, programs and events for that country. And please don't tell me that's the rist's job cause thats a whole different can of worms.
Just some food for thought

I think that you're on track with some of the thoughts coming from the senior leadership.

A few thoughts that I offer are:
Identify the role of a WO as it applies to our craft. Continuity, while fairly critically important, cannot be the sole purpose behind a push for WOs in our community.

Developing a path for senior NCOs that enable them to fulfill the specific requirements to function as a WO in our career field. Becoming a WO shouldn't be so simplistic as attaining a grade, sticking around for a required amount of time, and going to school. What specific jobs have you performed, what advanced SOF PME do you have, etc?

What does a WO do upon completion of the entry level position? What does the career model look like in such a limited capacity unit? Active MISO/PSYOP are 2 X Groups. With the exception of TSOC and a few other external positions there isn't a whole lot of room for growth.

I am personally not a fan of getting WOs just to have WOs. I am a fan of developing a carrer track for SNCOs who have a desire to serve in an advanced capacity outside of the traditional leadership track. Not everyone wants to be, will be, or should be a 1SG, SGM, or CSM. This isn't to say that they aren't skilled at their craft or good Soldiers. Perhaps a WO program is the answer? I don't know. What I do know is that the MOS split is supported by those whose support we need. As we develop the systems, and get them in place to capitalize on the opportunity, I can see more than one gap where we can potentially use the skillset of a competant WO type entity.

gavin 21 January 2015 14:07

SF Branch has a whole bunch of unneeded warrants we can donate to the cause.

37F5V 21 January 2015 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavin (Post 1058450478)

Wasn't trying to go there... :biggrin:

Tracy 21 January 2015 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavin (Post 1058450478)

Oh, SNAP! LMAO