View Single Post
Old 15 December 2011, 10:26
Odin's Underling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
You are mssing the point.

It ain't the journalists doing the smearing. The journalists are doing their job. It is the USMC PAO flacks who did the smearing, by embellishing an account that did not need embellishment. Meyer's true actions speak for themselves. He does not need anyone to lie on his behalf. Period. The MOH award determination appears to have been made WITHOUT these embellishments. All the lies do is muddy the waters after the fact. The lies cheapen the public's perception of the awards process. It is not the duty of the journalist to aid in the lies and embellishment!
Amen. While I absolutely despise the media, and would love to see them hunted like feral dogs, I agree with Gavin. The media is bringing to light something that should have never been said by the USMC PAO or the White House folks. Shame on those that told the tales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonger View Post
TURD POSer Biondi: My name likely won’t be listed, as I led a covert operation of wet-teams.