View Single Post
Old 15 February 2018, 07:43
In Limbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sado_1 View Post
On Sunday, February 11, 2018, SFC Jamie “Jay” Otts, was pronounced deceased at the Cape Fear Medical Center in Fayetteville, NC. Jay spent over a decade in the US Army, Special Forces and was currently assigned to A Co, 1st Batallion, 1st Special Warfare Training Group(AIRBORNE) or ....A Co, 1/ 1 SWTG(A). Jay previously served through his career at a few assignments through 3rd group.

Jay traveled that Sunday afternoon with his wife into town on their motorcycles, to see their son at a local eatery. On the way home about 1/4 a mile from their subdivision, Jay lost control of his bike after he hit a large patch of loose gravel and was ejected into a ditch. Jay died of internal bleeding from the impact he suffered. His wife was present at the time of the incident. He leaves behind 3 beautiful kids, 2 boys (17, 15) and a daughter 12.

Jay was probably one of the greatest patriots I knew, and loved his family with all of his heart. He was a diehard Bama fan, and his favorite pastime was riding his bike with his wife.

There will be funeral services held this Friday for anyone who’s interested in attending. The following Friday, there will be an additional ceremony on Fort Bragg, followed by his burial at Arlington. For information, send me a pm.

For another one gone too soon.... as Jay always said, “until Valhalla”.
Another damn bike fatality. He was a friend of a few people I know. RIP.