View Single Post
Old 18 March 2018, 22:06
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
For 256 et, al.

Good on that tech to run your hormones after TBI. There's a condition called a benign pituitary adenoma that causes low T in young males (which is a simple surgery to reverse), so it doesn't surprise me that you had a problem after a head injury. What are your Total and Free Test numbers, as well as your SHBG (Sex Hormone Binding Globulin) and Estrodiol (E2)?
This was the very first results I got from the VA lab tests. I appreciate you taking the time to type this out. It's slightly embarrassing but I also want it to get out to others because it took my doc a LONG time to make the connection. I was only 32 at the time of these results (33 now).

From what I remember the results listed below are the first test.

Albumin 4.4 g/dL 3.9 - 4.9 g/dL
Sex Hormone Bind GLB 20 nmol/L 14 - 82 nmol/L
Testosterone 206 ng/dL 193 - 824 ng/dL
A testosterone level in the 193-320 ng/dL range with associated clinical symptoms is considered low and may indicate hypogonadism (from NEJM 2010 363:123-135). Results >320 ng/dL are considered normal.
Testosterone, Free Calculation 46.0 pg/mL 38 - 120pg/mL
Testosterone, Percent Free 2.2 % 1.1 - 2.6 %
Testosterone, Bioavailable 126.8 ng/dL 105 - 324 ng/dL

These are the results after a week, before another injection.

Albumin 4.7 g/dL 3.9 - 4.9 g/dL
Sex Hormone Bind GLB 19 nmol/L 14 - 82 nmol/L
Testosterone 203 ng/dL 193 - 824 ng/dL
A testosterone level in the 193-320 ng/dL range with associated clinical symptoms is considered low and may indicate hypogonadism (from NEJM 2010 363:123-135). Results >320 ng/dL are considered normal.
Testosterone, Free Calculation 44.3 pg/mL 38 - 120 pg/mL
Testosterone, Percent Free 2.2 % 1.1 - 2.6 %
Testosterone, Bioavailable 130.2 ng/dL 105 - 324 ng/dL

I would give you my more recent results but I can't seem to find them. This was the test when they started me on Test. It's very frustrating because it seems there's more bro-science out there about TRT. The "bros" seem to know more about this than anyone else. My Doc always seems confused about what he wants to do. Now he's concerned my pituitary gland is ok and wants to take me off Test completely so he "figure out" what's going on. SO now that I finally feel normal again he wants me to stop completely. I read a lot about TRT and thought about mentioning HCG but I get worried about him thinking I'm drug seeking. My testes are SUPER small. He said they look normal from a guy on 100mg of Test a week.

At first, he had me on 50mg every other week. I felt worst then than not being on anything at all. Again, it seems most Doctors are very confused about how to treat this. Everyone I talk to about it says 100mg a week is too low, but my Doc tells me it's too high. The VA Endo seems ultra confused and I thought about taking it to the TRT Clinic in Cleveland and just paying them to get it done correctly.