View Single Post
Old 8 January 2009, 10:57

Mike AKA BOOTS2REI , Inspector Cluseo and I would come together for Training and R & R. . We would do long week ends at my sister's place on the lake in Alabama for drinks and good southern cooking. Mike will be missed by my entire family and by all those who had the honor of knowing him.

Mike and I first meet up in 1988 Marseille, France . Running around and being fair embassadors and like good ole boys.
We would head up to the top of the hill near the train station in Marseille playing let bowl steel on steel into simple means of transportation down at the bottom. Boys will be boys.

He was an Honorable man of his word and Legion to the end. He will not be forgotten.

Mike was one of those who had been there and done that and was still able to answer the call when the time came.

1977-1978 US Army Combat Engineer 12B
Deployment: Ludwisburg, Germany, Atomic Demolition Munitions

After the US Army he was , Loading of Charges for Simultaneous or Single Detonation,

1983-1989 French Foreign Legion
2nd French Foreign Legion Infantry Regiment
Deployment: Djibouti and Chad, Africa

5th Foreign Infantry Pacific Mixed Regiment
Deployment: Mururoa atoll, French Polynesia

In 2006 Mike got back in the saddle and started over, High Risk Security Operations.

For all those who knew him Mike was a fine example to follow and never knew the term "Give Up!" He could run most of you in the ground and shoot with the best of them. When Mike got back in the saddle he got remarks like holly shit that old guy can shoot. Who the **** is that. And were did he come from. Mikes skills were a combination of who he was and the path he chose.

He will be missed.

Thorshammer