View Single Post
Old 28 February 2023, 00:38
Been There Done That

Sorry guys-

Met him at Betty's Battalion (local SF Medic Hangout) outside of Ft. Sam going thru 300F1. He was an absolute prick to everyone. EXPECTED to never pay for a beer or food, just pulled his MOH from his pocket and tossed it on the bar. We asked him to speak at our SF Medic graduation - he wanted, MINIMUM, a grand and to have our class pay his food and booze bill at Betty's until graduation. We said thanks but no thanks.

While his service and accolades were indeed worthy, his service exemplary, and his sacrifice evident...by the late 80's he was an absolute dick who was difficult to tolerate, had lost ANY humility, and used his MOH like a freaking credit card.

Despite his service and MOH narrative - I (and those with me at the time) found his company incredibly distasteful and "entitled".

He did great things no doubt - saved many lives....but in the end, he still came off as a greedy self serving prick. And I HATE IT, despite it being the truth.

Others who had a more positive experience - I wish I were among you.