View Single Post
Old 28 March 2019, 04:37
Make a desert and call it peace.

http://www.ndia.org/-/media/sites/nd..._v4.ashx?la=en

Some more information about 6.8 future weapon. After reading about this stuff, as well as the 338 caliber medium machine gun replacement program, I think the US .mil procurement is completely devoid of anyone who actually shoots stuff for enjoyment or seeking to better themselves. There's nothing magical about the 6.8mm bullet diameter, in fact bullet selection kinda sucks. The 6.8 SPC was developed to fit within the M16 weapons platform, if you're ditching that, the rational for retaining 6.8mm bullets goes away. I'm getting a definite cargo cult/magical thinking vibe from the .mil; as well as a lack of interest in actually fielding anything, possibly to draw out the lucrative R&D process for as long as humanly possible while avoiding making any of those hazardous "decision things," for which you might possibly be held accountable. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.”
- Robert E. Lee