View Single Post
Old 14 February 2012, 18:04
Wrapped in the comfort of dark waters

Salomon Speedcross 3, Addidas Kanadia, and Merrill Barefoot glove

I have about 11 pairs but these are the top three that I currently train in. I'm training for a winter Ultra and taking these with.

The Speedcross 3 are incredible. Although, not good for the road, they are the 4X4 of the trail. Light, responsive, and smooth, they are aggressive off road and light giving your great turn over.

The Addidas Kanadia are aggressive in snow and mud. They are truly mud slingers and attack the terrain with its aggressive tread. I train on hilly terrain with lots of snow in the winter and these shoes are perfect.

Merrill Barefoot glove, to me, are better than 5 fingers. I have a pair of 5 fingers that are great, but not so much on trails with technical terrain. The MBG encases the entire feet with the same benefits of the 5 Fingers. Furthermore, the reenforce strike plate on the ball of the shoe allow for a more aggressive and comfortable acceleration without the added stress on the joint in the feet.

The MBG enables me to stay on the forefront of my feet which allows quicker turnovers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail.aspx.jpg (9.2 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpg addidas.jpg (15.1 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpg merrill gloves.jpg (8.1 KB, 179 views)

Last edited by Zulu6; 14 February 2012 at 18:06. Reason: grammer