View Single Post
Old 27 February 2020, 18:33
Custom User Title

I was losing my mind a bit on patrol, mostly from the dumb routine and chafing at the supervisors who didn't want anybody to do anything except drive quietly from call to call writing meaningless "reports" and not making waves. For the most part I ignored them completely, tried to make good arrests, put bad guys in prison and have fun. I don't give a fuck about the alarm call at the building that used to be a bank. It's empty, if it's really a break-in they can steal the fucking carpet.

I was always friendly and respectful and tried not to alienate anybody, but I didn't get this job to be a drone. This did not endear me to patrol supervisors although I don't think any of them disliked me, they were just a bit frustrated. It's not like they are bad guys, but some of them never really did the job and their priorities are different than mine.

Anyway, my attitude towards the job got the attention of the supervisors who want exactly that kind of cop working for them and so far it's working out nicely.