View Single Post
Old 30 October 2014, 07:50
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
It's weird. The people who are the most vocal about these guys getting screwed are those who weren't there and aren't involved. The people I have spoken to who were actually involved have all said it was a clown show, and that while they don't necessarily like the idea of them being prosecuted (or see flaws in the prosecution itself), they can't find much to defend.

I certainly wasn't there so I don't allow myself to have much of an opinion, if any at all. But that's my personal observation.
I wasn't there (that day) and wasn't involved, but this case is complete bullshit.

The government destroyed key evidence and has no physical evidence of who shot whom.

Basically they offered one of them immunity (most probably the shooter who initiated fire) to role on the others. The government brought in Iraqi witnesses who are part of a law suit against the company and who believe they will be able to leave iraq if their suit is successful.

The government moved the venue several times in order to get a more friendly jury.

Also the defense was not able to go to Iraq, bring witnesses to the US to testify or introduce exculpatory evidence.

Last edited by IrishSoldier; 30 October 2014 at 07:59.