View Single Post
Old 22 September 2007, 20:44
Verified SOF

Just saw this - wow, we are going to miss Bo.

Bo and I served on the same SCUBA team and had some great experiences together. A few things about Bo you might not know. He was a great cook. Down in Key West - he was our cook three or four nights a week - He showed up down there with all his standard gear plus, a rice cooker and a broiler and also a 50 pound bag of rice and a gallon of Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce. We caught hog-nose snappers and lobsters and he cooked them - we ate well.

Also, it was fun to talk about him as being the typical pollock that each team seemed to have, except that he was not typical and he was only half Polish,

Also - he was small - he liked to buy his clothes in the "boys department" he said he saved lots of money that way. Finally he was the first person I ever knew to own a VCR. He came back from one of his annual visits home back in the late 70s and he had a Sony Betamax with him - he paid a thousand dollars for it - because I was the commo guy then, he asked me to set it up - not that I knew anything about it anyway, but Bo was not too technical - not one of his strong points.

So - that is just a small glimpse of my friend - hope you enjoyed it.

TigerDad

Last edited by TigerDad; 23 September 2007 at 01:33.