Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Read this thread before you register

Old 19 August 2011, 20:02
Registration Guidelines/Profile

1) Be brief and to the point. We don't want your resume in the profile area. It won't fit and we're not a jobs recruitment site.

2) You must put information about you and you only. It's a good thing that you're proud of your parents, grandparents uncle or whoever, but that is not who you are.

There are many never getting approved because we can't tell who is registering. Your registration gets deleted if the profile field doesn't conform to the above 2 points.

None , nothing, "on demand" or anything like that in the profile area gets you deleted without a second look.

Old 30 November 2013, 10:01
We're still receiving a large number of registrations that have poorly organized or worthless profiles.

Remember, brevity and clarity are your friend.

Ladies, shut up about the dude who did you wrong. If you're only joining to verify someone you're "involved" with or someone your "friend" is involved with, don't waste our time. You're not getting approved.

Thank you
Old 28 September 2015, 21:49
Ok, I don't understand why we're still getting new registers that do not conform to the above. It's a simple concept.

Let me explain how it works. A computer does NOT do the approvals, an Administrator does. He has to read every single profile and then decide to approve or not. The easier you make his job, the faster you get approved. If you don't follow #1 & #2 above, you won't get approved, it's just that simple.

The following are examples of actual profiles in the last 2 days.

Fast track for approval:
NECs 5348, 5345, 1733, 1734, 1736, 1737
SFA M116L Life Member
SPC, Army Reserve
306 ENG CO
patriot volunteer for SEALs
6 years Military Police, 16 months deployed once to Iraq and once to Afghanistan.
Royal New Zealand Army, 1992 to 1996, 2nd Battalion, 1st Infantry Regiment. Medical Discharge, Rank Corporal.
Too Much Info
(As you can see, they actually ran out of room. You get put on ignore until I have time to read it all.)
Began career as wheeled maintenance, Army times article said were looking for people to go to flight school. Come out of flight school in Huey's and retired in Apaches - "A" models - Although rated in OH-58 A/C and AH-1's, most of my time is in the A
I have never served in the military. Many in my family have and currently are however and I have the utmost respect who any and all who did serve and are serving. I am a public school teacher and I do my best to instill in my students a love and resp
US Army aviation 8 years. 22 years in civilian law enforcement. Currently working for a foreign company in IT industry, which pays significantly better. Currently married and expecting a new child soon at my age. Have two grown kids-a son and dau
Not a member of the service, but very appreciative for all that have served in good will. Currently waiving for a med waiver to join the Army. I'm young- Late teens, wife and child, and a decent job to support them.
I am not military but the son, grandson, great-grandson and so forth of many US Army veterans. Two of my cousins served in Iraq and Afghanistan, one retired a Captain the other a Major.
I have been a Firefighter/EMT for almost 20 years and serve
I'm a sports lover and want to meet more friends.
As a dreamer of dreams I'm a traveling man, I have chalked up many of miles, I've read dozens of books about hero's and crooks and I've learned much from both of their styles.

Our new posting rules