Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge > Movies and TV

Old 5 March 2012, 13:50
Authorized Personnel

Elite Squad (Netflix)

Apparently it's Elite Squad 2, but it's billed as Elite Squad on Netflix instant.

It's Brazilian, so it's in one of them foreign languages so if you don't read good nevermind.

Good action flick on the police/politicians/drug/slums of Rio de Janerio. Very entertaining, esp, I would assume, for any LEOs who are hindered by ROE - these guys just decide to go into a slum and systematically machine gun down the bad guys.

Lots of corruption, violence, psychological issues, etc.

Overall I thought it a decent movie worth my time. I never saw the first one but the reviews stated that it's not necessary to see Elite Squad one and I didn't feel at a loss as to any characters, etc.
"“Since mankind's dawn, a handful of oppressors have accepted the responsibility over our lives that we should have accepted for ourselves. By doing so, they took our power. By doing nothing, we gave it away. We've seen where their way leads, through camps and wars, towards the slaughterhouse.” ."
Old 5 March 2012, 18:56
Been There Done That

Umm....read my review I posted a few weeks ago. It's even titled correctly
Old 5 March 2012, 18:59
Authorized Personnel

Shit.

I didn't even bother to do a search.

Pushing now.
"“Since mankind's dawn, a handful of oppressors have accepted the responsibility over our lives that we should have accepted for ourselves. By doing so, they took our power. By doing nothing, we gave it away. We've seen where their way leads, through camps and wars, towards the slaughterhouse.” ."

Our new posting rules