Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Naval Special Warfare > Naval Special Warfare Recruitment and Prep

Closed Thread

Old 11 March 2012, 18:07

Preparation for BUD/s

Hi, I'm 17 and to state the obvious I would (eventually) like to become a SEAL operator. I'm considering enlisting in the SEAL challenge contract directly out of H.S. - but in order to make it through BUD/s and SQT I have to make sure that I have prepared properly. I understand that training is 90% mental and 10% physical, but the fact of the matter is why would you show up to BUD/s out of shape. I personally think that training my body and preparing myself for BUD/s right now
is probably the wisest choice.

I've read The Warrior Elite and The Finishing School by Dick Couch, which are both great in describing SEAL training and what to expect...and more importantly what is expected. I've downloaded both the NSW BUD/s PT Guide and Stew Smith's 12 week program, my question is 'Is that good enough'? Former Operators, I would appreciate your opinions on what I should do in preparation for BUD/s and if you had done any preparation for BUD/s and if it worked it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

'The Only Easy Day was Yesterday'
Old 11 March 2012, 19:49
Administrator

Read all the posts in this thread. Almost all of your questions are answered here already.
Old 11 March 2012, 19:55

Ok, sounds good
Closed Thread

Our new posting rules