Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 14 March 2012, 13:21

Thank you!

If I see anything that I can help with I'll post, otherwise I'll just keep my fingers still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR.Montcalm View Post
Welcome!

Since you've been lurking, you know about our 'Areas of Expertise'; please feel free to chime in on the freefall areas.
Old 15 March 2012, 12:51

Name is Bill S.

Joined the Navy in 97 to become a SEAL. Got injured training for BUD/s... pretty lame but that's the way it is.

Rode CVN 75 for 5 years, Weapons Dept. G3 Division.

Hung out on the Little Creek O-Course as much as I could when in port.

Deployed in '00/'01 to the Gulf.

Got out in '02

I never became a SEAL but never a day goes by that I don't think about it.

Thanks to all those that could do what I could not (not for lack of effort).
Old 15 March 2012, 19:36

Thanks for letting me in! Former Air Force, Civillian LEO for the last 20 years, Patrol, K-9, Narcotics, and SWAT. I look forward to listening and learning.
Old 15 March 2012, 20:00

Hey, folks.

I come from 3/75 where I served in A co from 2007-2009 and then in a specialty section of HHC until finally ETS'ing in 2011. I was privileged enough to complete 4 deployments, IZ and AF split evenly.

I guess I still miss a bit of the community from being in Batt, so here's my attempt at rejoining and rediscovering some of that communal aspect.
Old 16 March 2012, 12:20

Hello,

I spent three years in the Army as a 71L (Admin). I was in the process of applying for an assignment to a Ranger unit (swim and PT test complete) when the Army saw fit to send me to Germany. All three years were spent in Armor units. I did get to play on the tanks occasionally (M60A1 & M60A3). At the end of the enlistment the calling to Law Enforcement was too strong to consider staying in. Twenty one years and three months later I retired and I now teach History in Middle school, and not that revisionist stuff. My kids get the truth no matter who it offends. I have a strong appreciation for our Spec Ops guys that go do bad things to mean people.

Steve
Old 16 March 2012, 16:32
On the Extract Bird

Thank you for welcoming me to the forum.

I spent 8 years in the Army. I got out in 2006 and have been an IC for MVM ever since.

I am trying to finish my BA in between deployments. I plan on doing a couple more years of contracting. The way things are going these days hopefully it'll be possible.

Stay safe
Old 16 March 2012, 18:49
Non Timebo Mala

Quote:
Originally Posted by jump1master View Post
I am a former Special Forces and Ranger soldier. I served with the 10th SFGA, Special Forces Detachment Europe and the 19th SFGA. I am an early HALO rounder as some of you call us. I was privileged to know and work with Frank Norbury & Joe Kittinger (those of you who are familiar with the early days of HALO will recognize these names).

I am interested in some research. I was on a Special Forces A-Team in 1968 that had HALO as part of is team mission. All members were HALO qualified and training missions included HALO insertions. Does anyone out there know of an earlier SF A-Team (not demonstration team or HALO committee) that had HALO as part of its mission? Also I completed a jumpmaster course in 1969 specifically for HALO. Does anyone out there know of an earlier HALO Jumpmaster co

I would be interested in hearing from other SF types who served on HALO teams or knew of other HALO teams in the 60s.

Jump,

Send your bona fides to Magician via personal message to get vetted as verified SF. You can ask your HALO questions in the area of expertise section for HALO.

Welcome to SOCNET.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
When you take a mans dignity, you take his will to live.
Old 17 March 2012, 03:31

Hello everyone. I spent 9 years US Navy. Stationed in VQ-1 Fleet Air Reconnaisance Squadron in Guam from 1980-1983. Stationed in the Phillipines, Atsugi Naval Air Station, and as an instructor 1983-1989. Honorable Discharge. Loved every single day. Been on over 5 Aircraft Carriers. All Westpac. Thanks for letting me join the Forum.
Old 18 March 2012, 22:03

Hello

Hello all, I am currently planning on joining the Navy, and I am preparing myself for the PST and SWCC BCT. SOCNET was recommended to me by a friend, who thought it could be of some help with my training and my journey to SWCC. Thank you very much for welcoming me to the forum.
Old 19 March 2012, 11:26

Hello! names Jesse.
Old 19 March 2012, 12:20
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse24b View Post
Hello! names Jesse.
A few of us may have been able to figure that out without your lengthy intro.
Old 19 March 2012, 13:39

Intro

Served as an 0311 with the 1st Battalion 6th Marines from 2007-2011 as a Squad Leader.
2008- OEF Garmsir, Helmand Province with the 24th MEU.
2010- OEF Marjah, Helmand Province.
Looking for job opportunities. Thank you.
Old 19 March 2012, 21:30

Hi Folks, several years working for corporates with blue chip clients internationally, went into PI work 10 years ago. Have attended various EP/psd courses internationally, especially those offering High Risk training on behalf of an organisation. Have met with government/education bodies involved in security licensing in Uk, South Africa and Botswana. . Was founder and co director of an EP company in UK which was viewed as one of the market leaders for several years, working alongside x 22SAS, Royalty Protection, RMP/CPU, GCHQ instructors.. A high percentage of our students were former military/police and a lower percentage of civilians.

Always interested to learn and network. Hope that is enough info for an intro.
Old 19 March 2012, 21:34

Former A Co 1/75. Currently in the Q course. Здравствуйте!
Old 20 March 2012, 00:02

Hey guys, always hated coming into operator sites as I feel like a poser. Served with a few who became dear friends but never went through SF or Ranger school. Just an old soldier past his prime (1986-1994) looking to BS with my own kind. Airborne and Air Assault. Shorad ADA officer is what they called us back then. Hope you don;t mind. Thanks to all for serving.
Old 20 March 2012, 13:37

Hello

I was a SM3 on the Coral Sea in the late 80s, Law Enforcement for 12 years and now a Paramedic. Not a SEAL, just all the SEALs I have known are my kinda people. Figured I would join the site and make some virtual friends.

Medic 435
Old 20 March 2012, 14:54

Inroduction

Hi everyone

My name is Terrence and I am an 18F assigned to 3rd Group. My family and I moved to the Ft. Bragg area in 2002 and itís been a good ride. Now Iíll be retiring soon and I thought that becoming a member of SOCNET would help me stay in contact with the SF community.
Old 20 March 2012, 17:15

Hi all,

Graduated BUD/S with 287, got rolled in free fall to 288. And set to graduate with them in April. Going 18D so no orders to a Team, yet.

I've already learned a lot from here, and expect to learn even more.
Old 20 March 2012, 17:16

Hello Everyone!

Hey guys, I've never had any military experience. I was introduced to SOCNET by a navy reserve guy that I met outside of my workplace after mentioning to him that I was interested in and am actively working on becoming a SEAL. If any SEAL here or anyone else really has some stories or advice they would like to share with me I'm all ears!
Old 20 March 2012, 22:38

My intro

Hi my name is Linda. I'm a RN and I'm here to learn what i can to help in my practice as a pain management nurse. Thanks for allowing me to join and thanks to all who have served this wonderful country.

Our new posting rules