Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > 75th Ranger Regiment

Old 18 October 2012, 15:40
Odin's Underling

Killer Mans Sons MC

Gents,

Are there any former Regiment guys in the VA area that ride motorcycles? I am a member of the Killer Mans Sons MC (all former Regiment studs) and there is talk about starting a VA chapter if there is enough interest.

All the 3/75 fags have to pay double dues though...

Quote:
TURD POSer Biondi: My name likely won’t be listed, as I led a covert operation of wet-teams.
Old 18 October 2012, 17:50
On the Extract Bird

I don't get, and clearly never will, this whole MC culture. Everything from the name of the club (regardless of what it signifies) to the 3-piece patch just means people will have run-ins with cops, criminals, and everything in between. I have enough problems without dressing up like a biker and having altercations at gas stations with felons.
Old 18 October 2012, 19:41
Odin's Underling

You're quite right. BUT it's also a good chance for like minded guys to ride together. Being able to ride with guys from Regiment and keep the Brotherhood alive is what it's all about for me.

We have beat this up before. There have been other attempts at getting an MC together with just Regiment guys, or Ranger qualified guys, but there always seems to be guys that say they don't get it. No problem. Don't join. Generally when you ride a bike you wear jeans and leather (if it's cold). Thats just the way it is. I wear jeans and a t-shirt and don't try to act like an OMG goon. Why not wear something that signifies you are a part of a great commmunity and are proud of it? No one says you have to dress up like a OMG to be a part of an MC.

Just my .02

Quote:
TURD POSer Biondi: My name likely won’t be listed, as I led a covert operation of wet-teams.
Old 19 October 2012, 13:20
Been There Done That

Like minded guys can get together and ride, without advertising and trying to look like some 1%'er asshole. I don't need to be in a "club" to make me feel worthy of riding. Dude, just ride. F*&k the whole MC thing. Stupid and pathetic. Quiet Professional ring any bells?
Old 19 October 2012, 13:36
Authorized Personnel

Where, how, what and who you ride with is your business, but know that when you wear a three piece patch there will be those who will look at you in the same manner that they look at the 1%ers.

Can a Ranger be in a MC while on active duty? If I were granting clearances, I'd look hard at someone wearing colors.

Once a Ranger, you will always be representing our country.
Old 19 October 2012, 14:06
Administrator

Recommend a Google search of " ATF Report on Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs and the Military" for SA
Old 19 October 2012, 20:46
Authorized Personnel

We have some Regimental guys riding together here in Wilmington. They're the 'Bunker Hill Boys' and they roll hard. They gather every morning at a Hardee's close to me for their coffee club. I won't even go in there anymore for my breakfast biscuit.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg gang.jpg (13.1 KB, 1088 views)
Old 20 October 2012, 15:15
Been There Done That

Dude, I say ride the hog if the seat fits! I have never even driven a motorcycle and have also seen the pros and cons of the club mentality. There's good , there's bad, there's head cheese and there's mozzarella. I was drifting before the service, working as a casual longshoreman in LA. I slept on the floor in a dingy "biker parts shop" as their watchdog. All in the club took me under their wings and "educated" me in their own fashion. One dude I worked the docks with was a former LRRP. He says one day,"man go get your jump wings and go get your tab!" I did, and have not ever seen those folks again, some good , some bad.
Ride to your heart's content dudes and may the Lord give you safe travels!
Old 22 October 2012, 21:29
Odin's Underling

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrdrew View Post
Like minded guys can get together and ride, without advertising and trying to look like some 1%'er asshole. I don't need to be in a "club" to make me feel worthy of riding. Dude, just ride. F*&k the whole MC thing. Stupid and pathetic. Quiet Professional ring any bells?
I didn't realize the OMG had a corner on the "look" for riding. I guess everyone should wear blaze orange and put the bells on their handle bars so we dont look like the 1%ers.

Last I checked we didn't change the way we do things to avoid to a bunch of scumbag 1%ers. There are motorcycle clubs all over the country and by and large the small percentage are OMG's. They get all the publicity but they are not even close to the numbers of all the other MCs. I would dare say (don't know for sure) that the LE MC's are close to the numbers of the OMG's.

Great to hear your thoughts. That is what I am looking for. The OMG's hate LE MC's because they say they are trying to act and look like the OMG's and the LE say they like to ride and refuse to let the OMG's make the rules on who wears what and who can ride where.

Quote:
Old 22 October 2012, 22:18
BTDT

Everyone has opinions, and judges... just like people do of everyone who wears a "uniform"...soldiers, cops, TSA, etc. They don't have to (or had to) be one to do it either.

Cco. You and your Brothers ride safe.

"Immature jackoff/asshole/agitator"

"I can only say I'm sorry so many times and mean it" Homer Simpson
Old 23 October 2012, 08:01
SOCNET Moderator

The brothehood is what its all about!

USMVMC
Old 23 October 2012, 09:59
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCo275 View Post

Are there any former Regiment guys in the VA area that ride motorcycles?

All the 3/75 fags have to pay double dues though...

I ride a BMW and was in 3/75....I guess that's two strikes...but unlike my Harley Hauling friends...I never put mine on a trailer and haul it somewhere on a "motocycle trip"
Old 23 October 2012, 11:43
Odin's Underling

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2/A/3-75 View Post
I ride a BMW and was in 3/75....I guess that's two strikes...but unlike my Harley Hauling friends...I never put mine on a trailer and haul it somewhere on a "motocycle trip"
Well two strikes still means you have one left! LETS RIDE! Hit me up on PM and I will gladly ride with you Brother! I might even let you lead the way!!!

Quote:
Old 23 October 2012, 17:44
BTDT

34,000 miles on my street glide no trailer yet.

BMW riders are tall, yuppy assholes, in weird AGATT attire...:) If it's not man made, or cow, they wear it.

The engines look like some Kraut stuffed a watermelon in a suit case.

Ride on, just busting your balls.

Old 23 October 2012, 18:06
I aim to misbehave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMustang View Post
I don't get, and clearly never will, this whole MC culture. Everything from the name of the club (regardless of what it signifies) to the 3-piece patch just means people will have run-ins with cops, criminals, and everything in between. I have enough problems without dressing up like a biker and having altercations at gas stations with felons.

Just wanted to pop in and say...I've worn leathers for a while now, including a 3-piece patch (member of a Veterans' Motorcycle Club). I've never had a run-in with cops, criminals, or anything in between because of it, except for maybe some friendly ribbing from the HOG guys, since I ride a Honda...

Living in San Antonio, the Bandidos MC are the local dominant "1%ers," and we've never had any issues out of them...in fact, I'm pretty sure a bunch of our guys helped their state Sgt at Arms get his VA benefits squared away...

All-in-all, my experience with 1%ers is that if you leave them alone, and don't give 'em a reason to fuck with you, they won't fuck with you.

In fact, the ONLY MC we've EVER had any issues with is, ironically, the Vietnam Vets/Legacy Vets MC. They hate us, for whatever reason, and have tried to cause some problems...
Old 23 October 2012, 18:12
I aim to misbehave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2/A/3-75 View Post

Lol...I took a 75th Anniversary Sportster from DC to Daytona for bike week...worst ride of my life. Got there, and realized that apparently, nobody else rides to Daytona.

Somewhere around the house, or in storage, I still have a t-shirt that reads "I rode my bike to trailer week. --Daytona, FL 2006."

As for the "people will look at you like you're a 1%er," thing...I get the same looks from idiot suburban soccer moms whether I wear leathers and fly my colors, or ride in blue jeans and a button-down, with my blaze-orange vest. Nobody else around here seems ignorant enough to give a damn. I don't bother them, and they don't bother me. Maybe because there's such a heavy 'biker,' presence in the area? Whatever the reason, I've never had the problems some of y'all mention.
Old 23 October 2012, 21:40
Odin's Underling

The more I look into this the more I realize there are a TON of MC's! There are literally THOUSANDS of MC's from LEO, to vets, to animal rights groups! It's been a real eye opener to look at all the clubs. There are a shit-load of military/former military MC's all over the country.

Quote:
Old 23 October 2012, 21:57
I aim to misbehave

Quote:
The more I look into this the more I realize there are a TON of MC's! There are literally THOUSANDS of MC's from LEO, to vets, to animal rights groups! It's been a real eye opener to look at all the clubs. There are a shit-load of military/former military MC's all over the country.
It's a wonderful thing. Some of the bigger VMCs are BIAMC (Brothers in Arms MC), Warrior Brotherhood MC, Leathernecks MC, SFMC, and SOMC...
Old 23 October 2012, 23:03
BTDT

Not an MC but CVMA has Chapters in every state for those so inclined with out having to go through the "phases" and time required by an MC.

Old 23 October 2012, 23:15
On the Extract Bird

Quote:

Last I checked we didn't change the way we do things to avoid to a bunch of scumbag 1%ers. There are motorcycle clubs all over the country and by and large the small percentage are OMG's. They get all the publicity but they are not even close to the numbers of all the other MCs. I would dare say (don't know for sure) that the LE MC's are close to the numbers of the OMG's.

Great to hear your thoughts. That is what I am looking for. The OMG's hate LE MC's because they say they are trying to act and look like the OMG's and the LE say they like to ride and refuse to let the OMG's make the rules on who wears what and who can ride where.
Change, don't change - it makes no difference to me. I just have no idea why you'd want to get involved at all in this. They clearly think it's their look to defend, the LE ones think this, you think it's yours - it just seems so silly to me, except it could have real consequences, because one side of this is gang members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOFH

Living in San Antonio, the Bandidos MC are the local dominant "1%ers," and we've never had any issues out of them...in fact, I'm pretty sure a bunch of our guys helped their state Sgt at Arms get his VA benefits squared away...

All-in-all, my experience with 1%ers is that if you leave them alone, and don't give 'em a reason to fuck with you, they won't fuck with you.

In fact, the ONLY MC we've EVER had any issues with is, ironically, the Vietnam Vets/Legacy Vets MC. They hate us, for whatever reason, and have tried to cause some problems...
See, I have no desire to deal with these dudes, vet or not, and don't know why anyone would. A criminal can figure out his own benefit package, and I'm not ending up on some list as a possible associate for one of them.

This live and let be thing that you speak of seems to revolve around their prisoner-like concept of "respect", which is just so silly to me.

And you're speaking of problems with another vets club. I see people with patches and leather, and I just walk the other way. Issues with another vets group? It sounds like it can turn otherwise reasonable people into goofballs. Come on, there was an SF Company SGM at Fort Bragg out enforcing for his silly riding/hoodlum/whatever you call the Wingmen club. If I wanted to get in fights with other Army dudes, I could think of ways to do it that require far less financial committment from me.

I wouldn't walk down the street in the hood dressed like a banger to defend my right to wear red or blue, don't know why anyone would do this either.

Our new posting rules