Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Naval Special Warfare > Navy SEALs

Old 28 October 2012, 23:19

Fire in the Hole SEAL Museum Fundraiser (UDT-SEALS NEEDED)

ALCON,

I have coordinated a fundraiser that will benefit the SEAL Museum, Memorial and Families during Muster weekend this Veterans Day. The shoot is going to be on Nov 11 and although this is short fused I could use a few more UDT-SEALS. The event is FREE for all Team guys and you will also become a honorary member for life.

The shooting club is private and fairly new - South Florida Shooting Club. (http://stuartshootingclub.com/)
You can also see the invite flyer if you go to the Museum Home page and look at the left side of the page half way down. (www.navysealmuseum) I may be able to house a few guys for free as well so please email me at Hector@navysealmuseum.com if you are interested.

If there are any friends of Ty or Glen and want to come and honor their Teammates please advise - I'd like to do something for them as well during the reception timeframe.

Highest regards,

Hector
Old 29 October 2012, 11:09
Embrace the Suck

Not a Team guy, but if you need any help with the event I will gladly help out. I'm just a few miles up the road from the Museum.

Let me know man.
Old 31 October 2012, 10:17
Been There Done That

Thumbs up

Not a SEAL either, but I want to thank you for your work in assisting the museum. I've been there a few times over the years and it is a great experience.
Old 4 November 2012, 13:37

desertfrog, stopped in to the museum on my way from Inst. duty back to ST-8. I'm on the other coast now. If you can give me some details on how you got this going I'd like to do the same here in the other coast. PM me. seahund
Old 19 November 2012, 13:39
Mask, Fins & Floaties

I had a great time at the muster this year. Lot's of very cool folks there including Bill Dawson (The last surviving member of UDT Class #1). He looks like he could still take on the bad guys...if needed.

The folks from War Sport were there, and they brought a few versions of their new LVOA SBRs to play with. Apparently, it was well received by the SPECWAR dudes at The Fire In Hole event. The LVOA will be released later this month (Thanksgiving - Black Friday). You can get a sneak peak at War Sport's website.

It was good to meet up with desrtfrog and Seanmcd82 as well. We'll see you guys next year!
Old 19 November 2012, 18:57
Embrace the Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
I had a great time at the muster this year. Lot's of very cool folks there including Bill Dawson (The last surviving member of UDT Class #1). He looks like he could still take on the bad guys...if needed.

The folks from War Sport were there, and they brought a few versions of their new LVOA SBRs to play with. Apparently, it was well received by the SPECWAR dudes at The Fire In Hole event. The LVOA will be released later this month (Thanksgiving - Black Friday). You can get a sneak peak at War Sport's website.

It was good to meet up with desrtfrog and Seanmcd82 as well. We'll see you guys next year!
I'm so glad you posted this man, I meant to give a quick AAR but life got in the way and I forgot.

The Muster was awesome and it was great to meet JAFO and his buddy though I missed desertfrog, next time for sure. I spent the better part of the day walking around enjoying the sites. I will admit that it was a tad crowded for me as I am not big on lots of people all up against me, but the massive crowds meant a huge turnout for the Museum.

I went with a friend who thoroughly enjoyed watching the 'live fire' demonstration and Leap Frog's parachute jump. Whoever approved the EOD budget for the demo deserves a pat on the back, lots of loud booms, bangs, pops and the sound of that 240B rocking and rolling brought me right back to the good ole days of face down in the Afghan mud.

All in all it was a great event, I foresee them outgrowing the current site in the very near future if the trend continues.

Thanks to all who have served and helped make the event a success. Good fucking job.

Our new posting rules