Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > Special Forces

Old 1 November 2008, 11:48
Good Idea Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers snaplink View Post
Ya, but aren't they teaching breaching?

Well.......
there is that. My bad!:D

On a serious note. They are just now getting it. You would think it qualified long before now. But, I do not work there and my info is second hand.
Take Care.
Old 1 November 2008, 11:54
Authorized Personnel

I step lightly over here but, I hope you guys get it, an extra 55 bucks will buy a lot of beer. Back to my spring water and........
Old 1 November 2008, 14:47
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole crusty bastard View Post
I step lightly over here but, I hope you guys get it, an extra 55 bucks will buy a lot of beer. Back to my spring water and........
55? Try 150...it was a welcome surprise on the LES! I have the memos needed for records etc if anyone needs them. Just be aware that it pays only to the MTOE slots on the team. Anyone extra on the ODA over the 12 spots is SOL.
Old 2 November 2008, 22:27
Zeroized.

Even if the guard hasn't approved demo pay, I would imagine we're still able to draw it when we deploy under the aegis of an AD command. No?
Old 2 November 2008, 22:43
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipperTOW View Post
Even if the guard hasn't approved demo pay, I would imagine we're still able to draw it when we deploy under the aegis of an AD command. No?
We'll have to wait and see. If you have any NG buddies down range, ask them. I'll have more info in a few months when my buddy gets down range, I'll ask him.

Hell, I'm at a Master Breacher course right now and I know I won't get it.
Old 3 November 2008, 18:33
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I would think NGB would look favorably on this. It's more money to skim from SOCCOM.
yea but they'll fucking prorate it....and it'll be $2.50 per day...so fuck it

but I'll take it when I'm activated
Old 4 November 2008, 00:04
Zeroized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18C4V View Post
We'll have to wait and see. If you have any NG buddies down range, ask them. I'll have more info in a few months when my buddy gets down range, I'll ask him.

Hell, I'm at a Master Breacher course right now and I know I won't get it.
I know one thing: I've got the paperwork and I'm going to send it up the tree when we do SFAUC next Spring and see if any fruit falls out. :D
Old 4 November 2008, 23:45
Confirmed User

My company is working the mobilized NG issue right now. I will keep you all posted. 18CV4, what MB class are you attending?

x/S
Old 6 November 2008, 19:45
Bandy Legged Old Geezer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I would think NGB would look favorably on this. It's more money to skim from SOCCOM.
That sounds like a Guard hater to me.. (even if his statement is a little ignorant). NG Pay and Allowances are approved by congressional allocations and dispursed to DA who dispurses it to NGB where they then dispurse their P&A budget to 54 states and territories and to the NGB for the AGR guys. The state then sends the SF unit their portion. All Special Pay is also allocated by NGB in the same manner. NG P&A doesnt go through USSOCOM.

The only thing USSOCOM pays to a guardsman is for O&M in the form of travel and per diem and such when they are doing a USSOCOM Mission or when they are doing extra missions that the AC couldnt fill and the guard does as a 2nd or 3rd AT in a year (such as JCET's and partnership rotations). In fact when the Guard SF are doing State missions they recieve no pay from USSOCOM.

Further, most special pay (to include SF Propay and Jump pay) is divided by 30 and then timed by the number of MUTA's for the weekend (typically 4 or 5). FLPP is the only pay that is not currently pro-rated for Comp 2 and Comp 3 forces.

So when you say they are skimming money, wow are you right, they skim alot. They get about $100 per month to meet the same jump requirements and the same annual validation and certification requirements as an AC guy (who gets $650 a month for the same thing).

Also, many of these skimmers are former AC guys who got off a team to do other things but still have a skill to offer the Army. So if they have to meet the same jump and certification requirements as an AC guy but is on a guard team, why shouldnt he get the same Propay? It is after all based upon the MOS, not how many hours are spent doing it (except in the current Guard pay system).

Insults (real or percieved) at the cost of the Guard and Guard Soldiers are something I wont pass by. This persons statement actually demonstrates the extent of the uneducated simpleton's lack of understanding of US Army mission and force structure.

When I was in 5th Group I had basically the same ideas about the Guard. Then I got out and joined the Guard...I have since learned the difference
Old 25 March 2009, 21:22
Confirmed User

Update:

Demo pay finally hit my LES.

It took forever to show up, but it includes back pay :)
Old 27 March 2009, 18:31
Been There Done That

yes demo pay is now being paid to all 18series guys on ODAs and ODBs. You have to go to the demo range at least once a month and it needs to be logged just like a jump. I got back paid all the way back to last summer.
Old 27 March 2009, 22:00

We are having problems with our pay and the "demo training" requirement. We have actually been told if you go to a school such that may not have demo, such as the fox course, you will not be paid for demo those months you are tdy.

This makes no sense and I hope it's just an audit scare.
Old 28 March 2009, 00:31
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinEightes View Post
We are having problems with our pay and the "demo training" requirement. We have actually been told if you go to a school such that may not have demo, such as the fox course, you will not be paid for demo those months you are tdy.

This makes no sense and I hope it's just an audit scare.
I would hope it would be possible to get logged onto another unit's demo training, maybe get with some teams from 3rd group or 7th group when in the fox course. As far as I know, there's been no more definitive requirement given other than blow something up once a month... I think it should work like jumps, being able to jump ahead, jump back..

Our new posting rules