SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 6 November 2009, 14:28

Thanks SOCNET

I'm new to SOCNET and have to say it's an amazing site to get a lot of great info. Forgive me if I make a few mistakes in my first postings. Basic run down- Did 5 yrs as an MP and have just finished my 4th year contracting in Iraq. Always looking for a better paying gig. I"m currently on a static gig right now and basically joined SOCNET to make some connects and of course always open for good advice.

Great website!
Old 7 November 2009, 14:23

(hand salute).......
Greetings...I am much obliged to SOCNET's administrators for allowing me up their gangplank, further, I wish to offer my sincere thanks to each of them.
I sense a lot of wisdom here. (ready, 2)

I am former USMCR, field power and commo 1981-1987

Also, former, large metro area PD officer 1989-1994

Currently a one man op, constable/process service & licensed security agency.

Am looking to perhaps get into some contract work. I don't know what I'd qualify for (hence the callsign)

I have some ques. and would value any advice or suggestions.

I'll apologize now for any breaks in SOP while new here, I trust you'll "square me away" should the need arise..............

Thnx for your time,
l.r.
Old 8 November 2009, 12:59

Good morning! I'm a former Recon Marine/Diver (3rd Recon Bn 91' to 95'). I was in contact with RAT last weekend and he showed me the website. Just wanted to keep up with what was going on in the SOC. Miss the job!! It was a great time in my life!! Thanks to all of you are still out there!!! RIP to all those who have gone before us!! SALUTE..
Old 9 November 2009, 23:43
Confirmed User

Pa, good to see you here...

All don't let this young Hill Billy trick you... He may speak slow but fucker is quick as a whip. LOL

Pa was my dive locker NCO on the 31st. Did one hell of a job and our CO is now one of the MARSOC CO's.

Good times my friend.

RO!!!
Old 10 November 2009, 03:46

I had posted here once before, but it seemed to have vanished. I am just a guy from Oregon. Spent a few years in the USMC. Done some EP Work and currently run a small investigating and security consulting company. Happy- to be allowed on the forum and will likely not post much: there are far more who know more then I do here.
Old 12 November 2009, 20:07
Back on The Farm

Greetings

Former Navy aircraft mech, now working full time for the AF reserve as a Combat Arms Instructor. I have about two years until retirement. I am also a member of PS.com
Old 12 November 2009, 20:15
The USA's Loose Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberChick View Post
Former Navy aircraft mech, now working full time for the AF reserve as a Combat Arms Instructor. I have about two years until retirement. I am also a member of PS.com
Damn I couldn't resist a screen name like KimberChick - are you married?
Old 12 November 2009, 20:16
The USA's Loose Cannon

hey Broken , I saw you looking at her profile - lay off I seen her first
Old 12 November 2009, 23:41

Hello, everyone.

I'm Seagis, and I hail from the small-ish town of Salem, Virginia.

I'd like to thank you all not only for allowing me to be a part of the board, but also (and more importantly) for stepping up and keeping civilians such as myself safe every day.

I don't expect to post much, but rather lurk quite a lot. For now, my ears and eyes are open and my mouth is shut.
Old 13 November 2009, 22:36
Been There Done That

Evening

I served with Charlie Company ( Ranger) 75th Abn Inf. 1st Field Force
Team 3-6. 70 - 71 RVN
Also served with 12th SFG

Currently teaching & coaching at a middle school in Ga.

Last edited by CharlieRanger1FFV; 13 November 2009 at 22:43.
Old 13 November 2009, 23:37

New to Contracting

Hello,

My name is Daniel, I'm currently deployed to Iraq for the second time. I am a Sniper Team Leader in 10th Mountain. I have served as a Rifleman, RTO, Gunner, Gunner Team Leader, Sniper, Senior Sniper, and Sniper Team Leader. I have served 3 years and some change. I am going to get out after this deployment and I'm looking for good contracting names and positions to set myself up for success when i get out. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I believe in the quiet professional mentality and practice this as much as possible. I am a hard worker who knows his job and knows it well. I would love any info. or advice and knowledge you could share.
Thanks once again.

Respectfully,

Daniel
Old 14 November 2009, 04:42
Confirmed User

Hello,

My name is Geoffrey, I'm 19 years old and have an interest in becoming an Army Ranger. I have thought about it for quite some time (over a year) to make sure the desire to become one was genuine. So far, it seems to be the case. Besides running a mile in middle/high school for the tests I never ran, so I'm currently training myself to meet RIP & Batt Standards.
Old 14 November 2009, 10:59
Confirmed User

Hello all you have let me be apart of this forum! I won't do much talking, just listening but just thought I'd introduce myself.

2.5 years in the Air Force currently as a security forces airman.
Old 14 November 2009, 11:56

FNG

Good day all,

I was a Marine with 3rd Force Recon and am glad to be here. I have been doing various contract work and am trying to stay in touch with old friends.
Old 14 November 2009, 14:19
Been There Done That

Hello everyone,
I served 20 years on active duty. Spent most of my young career in C CO 3/75 RGR from Sep '88 - Apr '98. Retired now and a happy house husband doing the overdue 'honey do' items I promise Household 6.
Old 15 November 2009, 07:30
ORP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieRanger1FFV View Post
I served with Charlie Company ( Ranger) 75th Abn Inf. 1st Field Force
Team 3-6. 70 - 71 RVN
Also served with 12th SFG

Currently teaching & coaching at a middle school in Ga.
Welcome to SOCNET. Good to have you here.
Old 15 November 2009, 20:23

Intro

Hello all. I was an 0311 with 2/2 from 01-05. I've been working contract security in Iraq, Afghanistan and Israel since then.
Old 15 November 2009, 22:26

Hello all. Just received my long tab and 18E mos. I have about 10 years in the army with a deployment to Bosnia and Afghanistan, and just entering into the SOF community i am in for a steep learning curve. I am currently in the Guard and always have my eyes open for new learning experiences or job opportunities. So if you have any info, suggestions, or ideas please hit me up and let me know.
Old 16 November 2009, 09:34
Confirmed User

Hi,

Right now I am in the Air Force Reserve and going to college. This summer I am getting out of the Air Force Reserve and I am starting the Army ROTC program.
Old 16 November 2009, 10:08

Thanks...

...in advance. Pleasure to finally be here as I have heard many good things about the the forum. Specifically the content but just as importantly the quick dismissal of "problems".

Quick history. Been in LE for 15 years..all of it in Mid-Michigan. First 8 years at a small, rural City department. I got bored, moved on and now serve with a large suburban department on the border of a shoot 'em up city known for its gangs and dope. Much better!

Was selected to our multi-jurisdictional Emergency Services Team 5 years ago. 20 man group from 6 agencies throughout the county. We stay pretty busy for our size with raids and warrant service and average about ten emergency calls a year. Selected to our sniper contingent about two years ago.

Thanks again for including me.

Voodoo

Our new posting rules