Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 22 September 2017, 22:15
Confirmed User

Exclamation Chaos or strategy

Whether or not this is accurate, the following is an interesting take on Trump's first six months.

Chaos or strategy?
This Might Explain a Lot of Things Going on at The White House.

"Apparently, liberals and never-Trumpers are so isolated in their political circles that they have no concept how things work in the real world of business and corporate America. For example, they completely fail to grasp the concept of the "hatchet man." Allow me to explain:
Say you are a business tycoon. You just successfully completed a large-scale acquisition and merger, bringing together multiple smaller companies into one conglomerate. After the merger, you want to put your own people in charge of everything. However, all those smaller companies had their own executives - and, at least for the short term - you need to keep many of them around the keep things running. So, you keep many of those executives around, and let them retain their own senior staff. You even appoint one of them - the head of the largest of the companies you acquired - to be the CEO of the conglomerate, and he pledges to get all the departments working together harmoniously.

After a transition period, some of them are doing fine in the new conglomerate - but others are clearly causing trouble. In fact, the one you appointed CEO is clearly a disaster. The newly merged departments are working against each other.

Furthermore, you have good suspicion he is dealing in insider trading - nothing you can take to a prosecutor, but there is a lot of circumstantial evidence building up. Worse, he is not only doing his own dirty dealing, but it appears he may even be leaking intellectual property to your competitors, helping them take market share from you.

Clearly, he has to go - and go now.
Problem is, many of the senior employees in your conglomerate are loyal to him. If you just fire him and put in your own chosen CEO, you know you could get a lot of backlash from disgruntled employees. And in your business, there is such a small profit-margin that you really can't afford anything at all that threatens performance. So what do you do?

In comes the hatchet man.
The hatchet man is someone you bring in for sole purpose of slashing the problems and shaking things up over a very short period of time - but doing it in a way that deflects any blame or blowback away from you. As soon as the problems are hacked away, the hatchet man leaves - taking the ire and resentment with him, and leaving you free to bring in your new team for a fresh start.

This happens in the business world all the time. And Donald Trump is a businessman. He knows this. He has lived this. We've seen him do it on "The Apprentice." We've read about it in his books. This is not a surprise to anyone. Except for liberals and never-Trumpers.

Enter Scaramucci.
Liberals and never-Trumpers see the past two weeks as proof of a Hitler-clown-circus spectacle, as evidence that Trump is unhinged and our government is in the hands of madmen. Anyone who understands the business world and Donald Trump fully understands that what we just witnessed was a perfectly executed hatchet man maneuver.

When Trump won the election, he essentially performed the political equivalent of an acquisition and merger. He brought together different political factions - establishment Republicans, conservatives, tea party, religious right, moderates, independents, cross-overs - into one winning political coup. For some, it was a hostile takeover - and if they were going to be dragged in against their will, they would sure as hell resist.

This is where Reince Priebus came in.

Priebus, as the then-chairman of the Republican National Committee, was hired as White House Chief of Staff to be a sort of post-merger CEO. It was his job to bring all these political factions together and get them to work harmoniously. But he failed. Worse, there is ample evidence to suggest he not only failed, but worked against Trump and the Trump agenda. Look at the leaks. Look at all the chaos. Look at all the bureaucracy continuing to work at odds with the president. Priebus - and a number of other people around him - had to go.

Back to Scaramucci.

Donald Trump has known for some time that Priebus was a disaster. He was going to give him his six-month trial period - that's a fairly common thing in the private sector. After that, heads were going to roll. But Trump himself doesn't want to be the hatchet man. He needs to be able to lead after the bloodbath. So what does he do? He turns to an old friend he has known for many years - someone with nothing to lose, someone who can step in with a hatchet and hack away, someone who can then just walk away from it all and leave the slate clean. He turned to Scaramucci.

So what does Scaramucci do? He comes in swinging. He fires a few people to make a quick example. He tells others they can "resign" right now if they want to - but if not, they will be fired. Others see what is going on and just up and quit of their own accord.

That problem CEO, Priebus? Oh, the new "structure" of the organization puts Scaramucci in direct competition with Priebus - and Priebus throws up his hands and says "fine, I'm out of here." And Scaramucci does it all in a way that is spectacularly visible to draw all the fire from Trump critics.

So how does it all end? It ends with Trump putting in his new CEO - the one he probably wanted from day one, but held back - and the new CEO says "OK, Scaramucci - you are no longer needed here."

Gen. Kelly now has a clean slate to start fresh - and Scaramucci takes all the heat. Where the left and never-Trumpers see a circus freak-show, realists from the business world see a perfectly executed post-merger hatchet-man job.

The political wonks see Kelly taking command as the first sane thing to happen in this administration. They don't realize they've been played, and played perfectly. And soon we will likely see some other changes that move the Executive Branch further towards what Trump has wanted from day one. And then watch the real swamp-drainer get to work. It sucks to be Hillary Clinton right now...

Oh, and Scaramucci? He gets a sweet deal out of all this - no doubt, he and his friend Donald Trump talked it all out first.

Scaramucci was already facing a nasty divorce that would result in the liquidation of his business to divide assets. A little-known law allows people who are legally required to sell a business as a condition of employment in the Executive Branch (to prevent conflicts of interest) to defer the taxes on their profits from the sale.

Scaramucci was going to have to sell his company anyway due to his pending divorce. Now he and his soon-to-be ex-wife just saved $80 million in taxes. So don't think for a moment all this was an unplanned mess that went awry. Scaramucci and Trump knew exactly what they were doing.

All of this was planned - and foreseen. Scott Adams wrote before Trump was inaugurated that, to his critics, the first year of Trump would be a play in three acts:

Act One - Trump is literally Hitler.

Act Two - Trump is not literally Hitler, but Trump is incompetent.

Act Three - Trump is not incompetent, but we don't like his policies.

We've seen this play out. From election night up through the first 100 days, the left was out rioting and acting as though Trump taking office was literally the end of Western Civilization.

But after 100 days, when Trump had failed to do evil-dictator things like round up all the brown people and put the gays into camps and force women to stay home and have babies, it became farcical to continue the "Trump is Hitler" narrative.

And so from that 100 day point up until now, it has been the "Trump is incompetent" game. Look at all the chaos. Look at all the leaking. Look at all the tweets. Now, we begin Act Three. With Priebus out and Kelly in, things will settle down. Pretty soon, all the left will have to say is "we just don't like Trump's policies."...Act Three.

And once that happens, the left is dead. Because, Trump's policies are policies that most Americans actually agree with. We should put America first. Build back our economy. Create jobs. Strengthen the military. Protect the border. Outside a few densely-populated liberal strongholds like New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and - of course - Washington, D.C., Americans in general agree with all of this. So when all the left has to say is "Trump's policies are wrong," the left will literally be telling most of America, "you people are stupid."

Trump should win 47 states in 2020. The left will be scratching their heads and wondering what the hell happened. And you'll be able to look back and say, "hey, some of us told you all this back in 2017."
Old 22 September 2017, 22:32
The atomic zit

Who is Ed the Penis?

I found a link that matchs your copy paste...
Old 22 September 2017, 22:47
Been There Done That

Well thats one theory...
Old 23 September 2017, 15:20
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

I'm saying it's a mix of both chaos and strategy.

Or what I like to call chaotogy.
Old 23 September 2017, 18:11
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
I'm saying it's a mix of both chaos and strategy.

Or what I like to call chaotogy.
I enjoyed Scott Adams blog posts leading up to the election, but haven't read it since.

I found he had some interesting points to make, but at times I felt like he was reading WAY too much into strategy like some music critics read WAY too much into junk pop/rap lyrics.

Sometimes a sledgehammer is needed, same with a chainsaw.

I just hope it doesn't go the way of Chainsaw Al Dunlop. Too much destruction, too much individual/personal loss, not enough lasting shareholder value or organisational longevity to justify the excessive short term chainsawing.

Colonel Flagg, psychopathic guest star of M.A.S.H.
Old 23 September 2017, 18:42
Reverse Apache Master

It's strategery, plain and simple.

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 23 September 2017, 18:50
Critical mass

“Order out of chaos” would be more appropriate.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. -John Adams
Old 23 September 2017, 19:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
It's strategery, plain and simple.
Still my favorite pronunciation of that word.
Old 23 September 2017, 20:35
Been There Done That

Quote:
Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, 'Get that son of a bitch off the field right now. He is fired. He's fired!"
Sweet Jesus I love this President.

#BendTheKnee
22 Aug 17
Old 23 September 2017, 21:01
Been There Done That

Time will tell. The left is frothing trying to make anything stick. POTUS is pretty much getting what he wants. From my perspective, he has more wins than losses.
Old 23 September 2017, 22:09
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
Sweet Jesus I love this President.

#BendTheKnee
Wow. That #bendtheknee page blew me away. These people are unbelievable. Where is that comet at...
Old 24 September 2017, 21:33
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by just11b View Post
Wow. That #bendtheknee page blew me away. These people are unbelievable. Where is that comet at...
Sorry, Nibiru was supposed to visit (again) last night but sadly did not. I almost think that many people actually want to die because they keep recycling this damned ridiculous notion that a magic planet on a weird orbit is going to wipe us out like every 5 years or so.
22 Aug 17
Old 24 September 2017, 21:59
On the Extract Bird

Nibiru is a planet, not a comet. Therefore wishing for a comet is still valid. Hope still springs eternal......

Personally, I wish for a mass pandemic. Way easier to survive than a planet-killing comet randomly hitting some area of the world that may or may not interfere with all my carefully laid plans. A disease would ensure that, per capita, stupid motherfuckers would die at a much higher rate. The only problem is how to get at those cunts known as the 'elites', hiding in their bunkers with decades of food, water, and blood of newborns to keep them alive for years after they should have died of natural causes.
Old 24 September 2017, 22:06
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
Sorry, Nibiru was supposed to visit (again) last night but sadly did not. I almost think that many people actually want to die because they keep recycling this damned ridiculous notion that a magic planet on a weird orbit is going to wipe us out like every 5 years or so.
For the record, I had never heard of Nibiru until you just mentioned it. Also, I am glad you are back.
Old 25 September 2017, 13:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
Personally, I wish for a mass pandemic. Way easier to survive than a planet-killing comet randomly hitting some area of the world that may or may not interfere with all my carefully laid plans. A disease would ensure that, per capita, stupid motherfuckers would die at a much higher rate.
Actually, when a pandemic of epic proportions hits, especially some virus that is resistant to all of the know vaccines and various antibiotics, people from all of the yins and yangs of life will take it on the chin.

In fact for all you know, a pandemic might take out a majority of all the smart and capable people out there, leaving all the really stupid mofos as the majority, free to run amok.

When that happens, you'll start seeing hospitals like this popping up:

Old 25 September 2017, 23:03
Firearms Industry Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Actually, when a pandemic of epic proportions hits, especially some virus that is resistant to all of the know vaccines and various antibiotics, people from all of the yins and yangs of life will take it on the chin.

In fact for all you know, a pandemic might take out a majority of all the smart and capable people out there, leaving all the really stupid mofos as the majority, free to run amok.

When that happens, you'll start seeing hospitals like this popping up:

"Water? Like...from the toilet?"

Rest Easy SOTB
Old 25 September 2017, 23:44
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by just11b View Post
For the record, I had never heard of Nibiru until you just mentioned it. Also, I am glad you are back.
I stopped googling anything M06 throws out after the furries thing.

I'm glad he's back also.

Maas
Old 26 September 2017, 10:53
Holy Diver

Anyone struggling with the dichotomy of whether he is a moron or the greatest troll in living history must not appreciate what it takes to operate at the level he has for so long. Yes, he inherited money but lots of idiots inherit gobs of money and lose it within a decade or less. Whether you like the guy or not he has done well in a challenging and cut-throat operating environment.

I am sure there has been some chaos and discord during the transition just like there has been for every person ever who has taken the reigns of the US government virtually overnight. But to assume he is some bumbling idiot who simply inherited daddy's fortune and stumbled his way into office is patently absurd and lacks any appreciation of the realities of this world we live in.
Old 26 September 2017, 11:58
Been There Done That

IIRC, POTUS received a $1m loan from his father, who wasn't known to be a warm and giving person. He turned that investment into ambitious projects outside of his father's sphere of influence and eventually became a billionaire.

So by any notion of mathematical ability, he somehow, as a "complete and utter moron who was given everything" produced a (conservatively speaking) 1000X return on investment.

Then he managed to become a TV celebrity, whose ratings crushed everyone else, and is now currently elected by the US public to lead the world's most powerful nation in history.

The guy's a real loser..../sarcasm.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 26 September 2017, 14:32
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedLoad View Post
IIRC, POTUS received a $1m loan from his father, who wasn't known to be a warm and giving person. He turned that investment into ambitious projects outside of his father's sphere of influence and eventually became a billionaire.

So by any notion of mathematical ability, he somehow, as a "complete and utter moron who was given everything" produced a (conservatively speaking) 1000X return on investment.

Then he managed to become a TV celebrity, whose ratings crushed everyone else, and is now currently elected by the US public to lead the world's most powerful nation in history.

The guy's a real loser..../sarcasm.
Seems it was a little more than $1M. It was multiplied loans and access to his fathers friends. But yes, he is a shrewd business man and very smart. He is his biggest revenue stream, that is himself as a brand.

http://www.investopedia.com/updates/donald-trump-rich/

You also forgot to add not only was he elected, he beat a career politician that was "projected" to win by upwards of 90%. Yeah, probably all just dumb luck...

Our new posting rules