Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 4 September 2017, 17:48
Been There Done That

This issue has always been with us, but the internet and the "last 8 years" have allowed this ideology to flourish. The scales are being tipped in an ugly direction. I was just recently labeled a "passive racist" and a coward for not speaking up about the oppression keeping certain ethnic groups from succeeding! WTFF!
Old 4 September 2017, 18:08
Confirmed User

Pansexual

I'm surprised there's not a P in there yet. Give it time.
Old 4 September 2017, 19:50
#AllLionsMatter

As Frog once said:

"The fastest growing illness is mental illness." And Lordy Jesus, it's gaining speed!

There is a limit to compassion.
Old 11 September 2017, 11:23
Confirmed User

I'm NOT even going too try a figure out WTF "LGBTQQI2SAA" stands for....

Guy ^^ on the campus where I am they have condensed it to LGBTQA+, the "+" is for those that are "fluid".
For those that aren't being pummeled daily by liberalism, it means that they change from day to day or moment by moment as to how they identify!
Long Walk -- to answer what Allies means, at least on our campus, it is to align yourself with LGBTQA+, while you may not be or fall into that category you sympathize or align yourself with them! You can be their champion if you will.

My facility and operators (boiler operators to clarify) is more or less secluded from the main campus so my guys don't have as much direct contact as other trades on campus.
But the stuff that I hear and have to interact with will leave you shaking your head for days, unless you deal with it daily you can't fathom what they come up with and try and justify!
Old 11 September 2017, 11:30
Renuo Victima Esse

That's why people should simply refer to them by what they are -- male, female, and if they don't like that...tell them they are a human being.

I simply don't care about or acknowledge what they identify as. That's them living in a make-believe world. I still live in reality.
Old 11 September 2017, 12:11
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge View Post
That's why people should simply refer to them by what they are -- male, female, and if they don't like that...tell them they are a human being.
You god damn bigot. How can you say such things when there are people out there who are clearly animals trapped in human bodies??? Why do you want to cause them further suffering by reminding them of the life-sentence they have within a flesh-prison from which they cannot escape?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg girlthinkssheiscat.jpg (28.7 KB, 357 views)
Old 11 September 2017, 13:24

I know I'm the oddball here, but I have much less of a problem with the LGBT stuff than I do with university kids taking classes and getting a pass for the parts they don't like. If you take a forensics class, I have to assume you have some idea of what's involved in the job once you finish school. The same goes for osteology and pathology. If you can't handle looking at the pictures, how are you going to deal with the real thing? If you can't sit in a lab with bits and pieces of bone and work out which are human and what bone it is, how are you going to do any fieldwork? Recently I've seen social media posts about professors giving "trigger warnings" for their students. Sorry, no. If you can't look at the picture of that burned body, you sure aren't going to be able to handle walking on site and recovering the remains.
Old 11 September 2017, 13:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Walk View Post
~snip~ I don't know what 2-spirit or allies would be...not even a guess.

2-spirit is the Native American term for homosexuality. Many tribes had a concept of homosexuality that essentially meant that person had both a male and female spirit inside of them. Most tribes were accepting of the concept and the 2-spirit person was allowed to chose to live either the traditional male or female role.
Old 23 September 2017, 16:31
Confirmed User

I came across this the other day.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/22/u...h.html?mcubz=1
Nothing really that surprising as far as the attitudes of most of those students (other than several seem to understand the importance and almost singularness of our freedom of speech), but it's very telling when you look at what each person is majoring in.

Just more proof that leftist fascism and a culture of self-entitlement is alive and well on certain campuses.
Old 23 September 2017, 16:41
The Sagacious One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
I'm NOT even going too try a figure out WTF "LGBTQQI2SAA" stands for....
I thought it was Sharky's MOS
Old 24 September 2017, 06:18
Been There Done That

I have known folks from my old home in the mts of Colorado who were fairly conservative many years ago and have since been liberalized by their children in college. I have seen some of the same behavior in family.(conservative Lutherans) The liberal agenda is flowing as smoothly as they would wish it to. Quite troubling and I find myself less inclined to sit down and have a chat with folks I know anymore or used to know.
Old 24 September 2017, 21:44
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by schibbs View Post
I have known folks from my old home in the mts of Colorado who were fairly conservative many years ago and have since been liberalized by their children in college. I have seen some of the same behavior in family.(conservative Lutherans) The liberal agenda is flowing as smoothly as they would wish it to. Quite troubling and I find myself less inclined to sit down and have a chat with folks I know anymore or used to know.
Well that's a two way street, you see...since I have indoctrinated my grade school age daughters to utterly despise SJWs, to hilarious effect.

You have to be careful with the little ones though, as my youngest told me the other day "When they were talking about the hurricane in class, I wanted to raise my hand and tell the teacher that I didn't care about what happens to the Cubans because they are communists!"

So I had to ratchet that back a little.
22 Aug 17
Old 24 September 2017, 22:59
Make a desert and call it peace.

Just a little. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith
Old 24 September 2017, 23:55
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by schibbs View Post
This issue has always been with us, but the internet and the "last 8 years" have allowed this ideology to flourish. The scales are being tipped in an ugly direction. I was just recently labeled a "passive racist" and a coward for not speaking up about the oppression keeping certain ethnic groups from succeeding! WTFF!
I've been called the same thing. I was also told by a PhD history student at Ohio State, that in the USA, only white people can be racist. If you are one of the "supressed" minorities and hate white people, you aren't racist.

The same guy said white people should be paying reparations to black people. The guy spewing that shit is a middle class, white kid from Henderson, NV.

This is a guy who will one day be a college professor. Sounds like he will fit right in.
Old 25 September 2017, 10:00
Clorox bearer for SOTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509 View Post
I've been called the same thing. I was also told by a PhD history student at Ohio State, that in the USA, only white people can be racist. If you are one of the "suppressed" minorities and hate white people, you aren't racist.

The same guy said white people should be paying reparations to black people. The guy spewing that shit is a middle class, white kid from Henderson, NV.

This is a guy who will one day be a college professor. Sounds like he will fit right in.
Only white folks can be racist huh... my balls. I guess they don't have fucking dictionaries in colleges anymore?
Quote:
Definition of racism for Students

1:belief that certain races of people are by birth and nature superior to others

2:discrimination or hatred based on race
Well, I know plenty of people who's race is not considered "white" that the term applies to.

Find a school that supports education, not indoctrination, and give them your money and kids. Screw these universities that preach instead of teach. With the quality of professors we have in those institutions, it is no wonder why our kids are now turning out to be college educated retards. (I'm an 80s child, and this is my safe space, so...)

...the "suppressed races"? What the fuck are those? Does it have to do with walking around your "hood" with your "gat" suppressed? Anyone, from anywhere, can rise up and do anything, regardless of perceived social disadvantages.

As far as reparations go, find me a slave that is alive today, and I would consider it. The excuse that slavery and the white devil is keeping the black race down is a trough of horse shit. Take a look around the world, to places that have only ever been populated and ruled by members of the black race, and have never had slavery or white devils, and what sort of societies do those places have? ...My point exactly. So, if it's not slavery and the white devil keeping the black race down, what is it?

Someone could come up with a million excuses why they are a failure in life, protest about how millions of their race are being murdered by the white devils every day, and that they are born with a disability because their skin is darker and their ancestors might have been slaves, or they can get off their ass, get an education and a job, and become a productive member of a society and stop searching for someone or something else to blame for your failure. Ultimately, you are responsible for your life and how you live it is your choice.

If gun control laws controlled crime, we wouldn't need cops.
Quote:
Finally, I believe that punishing lawful gun owners by creating new, more onerous laws, and restricting Constitutionally guaranteed rights, when we already don't enforce the tens of thousands of gun laws we have on the books, is like beating your dog because the neighbor's dog shit in your yard.
"The Reaper"
Old 25 September 2017, 19:15
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul85 View Post
I googled 2-spirit. Got lost at some sort of shamanlike sorcery I couldn't understand. What about the AA part of the acronym? Alcoholics Anonymous?
All Assholes.
Old 25 September 2017, 19:39
‹ber Equus Asinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509 View Post
If you are one of the "supressed" minorities
I guess I am still trying to figure out who these people are..

unless I am crazy.. we have had a black POTUS, numerous hispanic senators and congressmen, more asian CEO's than you can count, tons of professional athletes of all races in every major sports league, plenty of minority attorneys, doctors, and CPAs out there..

who exactly in this country doesnt get a fair shake anymore?

While I am certain there are people that are racially bias left in this world.. are we really supposed to believe that a black kid raised by a single mom in an inner city project complex is more disadvantaged than a white kid raised by a single dad in a rural west virginia coal mining town these days? or that a muslim kid of yemini descent living in dearborn has less of a chance in life as a white girl of polish descent being brought up in walkersville?

someone should run and talk to Ben Carson, Barak Obama, Bobby Jindall, Samuel Jackson, Sundar Pichai, and Nikki Haley real quick and make sure they know its impossible for people of color to be treated fairly or get ahead in this world, no matter how hard they try..

when they are done they should go to the High School in Wayne, West Virginia and remind all the white kids there that they are privileged and not to worry, the world will take care of them and they will all grow up wealthy and famous, just because their skin is lighter colored than Colin Kapernicks..

Give me a f'in break.. suppressed my ass...
Old 25 September 2017, 19:56
Been There Done That

^on target!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 25 September 2017, 20:37
Confirmed User

All of this is leading down a dangerous road within our country. The anger these groups have towards non believing whites is deep and soon will start to manifest itself in attacks on Whites for being perceived as having white privilege, and will be justified through the expression of Post Modernism philosophies.

The SJW's and AntFi gangs (Social Justice Warriors and Anti Fascist) will be of all races and are at the moment mostly white but will only attack whites who do not follow their same beliefs. Right now it is isolated to protest and campus's but IMHO will branch out. The media will play right along as well until they start getting attacked for not bending the knee to them.

Dangerous times we are living in and it will get worse on a larger scale. I swear we are living in a Twilight Zone nightmare.
Old 26 September 2017, 03:05
Make a desert and call it peace.

It has to get worse before it gets better. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what Iím about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldnít do if you still had your weapons."ó L. Neil Smith

Our new posting rules