Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 20 August 2017, 21:28
Very Deplorable

I really cannot tolerate all these assholes turning their backs on the flag and kneeling and shit.

It's a bunch of political grandstanding. They're fucking millionaires, just play fucking football.
Protest off the field; get involved with communities you think you can help. Get that disgraceful behavior out of the NFL!
Old 20 August 2017, 21:30
Old and Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwood914 View Post
Well, Darren Sproles is 5'6 and has been in the NFL since 2005 so he wouldn't be the first little guy breakin ankles.
Ryan Pace, the Bear's GM, used to be on the staff at New Orleans. His draft this year, clearly was a shot at replicating the Saints skill players. Cohen is his attempt at Sproles, Trubisky his Drew Breeze, and Adam Shaheen his version of Jimmy Graham. We'll see how close they come.
Old 20 August 2017, 22:13
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamedic View Post
I really cannot tolerate all these assholes turning their backs on the flag and kneeling and shit.

It's a bunch of political grandstanding. They're fucking millionaires, just play fucking football.
Protest off the field; get involved with communities you think you can help. Get that disgraceful behavior out of the NFL!
You'll never see that on a New York Giants sideline.
Old 20 August 2017, 22:36
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwood914 View Post
You'll never see that on a New York Giants sideline.
Or at a Green Bay game period, Lots of respect at Lambeau Field.
Old 22 August 2017, 16:45
Been There Done That

Screw the NFL and it's season.

I fully support ignorant NFL players exercising their option to protest our National Anthem. That option is afforded to them by the Veterans who have shed their blood for this nation and who are represented by the very flag and National Anthem they choose to protest.

However, as they have the right to not stand for the National Anthem, I too have rights. Therefore, I will exercise my right.

Until the NFL shapes itself up, I will exercise my right not to view any more NFL games. Nor, will I patronize any establishment that has NFL games airing on T.V. Likewise, moving forward I will not purchase any NFL related merchandise.

This comes from a person who, up until now, is a die hard pro football fan and loves football season. As an individual, my lone protest will not impact the NFL. However, if people share this and more follow suit, perhaps we as a nation can send a wake-up call to the NFL and the world as a whole.

Enough is enough.
Old 22 August 2017, 17:04
Confirmed User

The NFL should have nipped this shit in the bud last year as soon as it started. It's pretty simple really. "You're in uniform representing the NFL, protest on your own time."

I read somewhere that viewership was down 30% last year. There's a lot of backlash on social media, so it looks like people will continue to tune out. I'm not to that point yet, but the only things happening with the Titans is a few are raising their fist in the air. In an interview recently, one of them even commented that he wondered if what he was doing would cost him a job in the future.
Old 22 August 2017, 17:39
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

It's too late for me, I already drank the NFL Kool Aid this year.
Old 23 August 2017, 13:28
Preparing to defend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
It's too late for me, I already drank the NFL Kool Aid this year.
Oh, ye, weak of mind.
Old 23 August 2017, 13:56
Confirmed User

I just want the Raiders to win a Superbowl then the NFL can complete its self destruction.
Old 23 August 2017, 14:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdogonroad View Post
Oh, ye, weak of mind.
No doubt, and what's really pathetic is that I follow the Bears.

I'd probably have to go through some sort of reprogramming, similar to what cult members go through. The indoctrination starts early in Chicago, and it's only gotten worse over the years. There used to be an off season, these days they cover that godfarsaken team 24/7 all year around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keganswar View Post
I just want the Raiders to win a Superbowl then the NFL can complete its self destruction.
For that to happen you would have to have Jay Cutler leading the team at QB, throwing a last second winning touchdown to Brandon Marshall. Furthermore, it would require Cam Newton standing on the sideline as the backup QB.

That would not only cause the NFL to self destruct, it would tear a hole in the fabric of the space time continuum and throw us all into some sort of cosmic feedback loop.
Old 23 August 2017, 15:15
Confirmed User

Real Clear Sports top 10 contenders:

http://www.realclearsports.com/lists...nders_in_2017/
Old 23 August 2017, 15:20
Been There Done That

Positive

I'm positive I'll be able to make it to the end of Super Bowel Day without watching any football - other than what's on commercials.
Old 23 August 2017, 15:30

I should clarify, I didn't watch nearly as much Bears football last year, and really didn't miss it. I think it had more to do with how bad they were more than anything else. Still, with every new season I always look forward to watching them, and for many years I have been disappointed.

I did however watch other, better teams play. On a Thursday or Sunday night, it's just as easy to watch that as some other program on. But it's becoming less of a big deal for me as time goes on.

It's funny, I missed the whole 1990 season when I deployed, didn't get back until well after the Super Bowl in 1991, and I didn't miss it. I didn't get any updates on out of date newspapers that got to me, nor did I care who played in or won the SB.

In fact, it was only a few years ago that I decided to check out the results of that season. Again, didn't miss it at all.
Old 25 August 2017, 08:27
Confirmed User

Dear God,

I hate to involve you in sports but after last night I have to ask for your help in not letting the Jaguars suck as bad as they are going to. I'm not asking for a miracle like 12-4 season. Maybe just some divine intervention that will get us to 8-8.

Thanks,

Me
Old 25 August 2017, 09:22
RIP Cass and SOTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemTech View Post
Dear God,

I hate to involve you in sports but after last night I have to ask for your help in not letting the Jaguars suck as bad as they are going to. I'm not asking for a miracle like 12-4 season. Maybe just some divine intervention that will get us to 8-8.

Thanks,

Me
X2

Chad Henne didn't do much to impress me last night. But, he is still a better option than Bortles. Our offensive line looks plum terrible. Our running game doesn't look too great either.

I figured our defense may be stronger and play much better against the run, but these past two games haven't cemented my hopes any. The opening drive against the Panthers ' starters was plum terrible. We still aren't getting pressure on the QB.

We may be in for another long season.....
Old 25 August 2017, 10:07
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficeSloth View Post

I fully support ignorant NFL players exercising their option to protest our National Anthem. That option is afforded to them by the Veterans who have shed their blood for this nation and who are represented by the very flag and National Anthem they choose to protest.

However, as they have the right to not stand for the National Anthem, I too have rights. Therefore, I will exercise my right.

Until the NFL shapes itself up, I will exercise my right not to view any more NFL games. Nor, will I patronize any establishment that has NFL games airing on T.V. Likewise, moving forward I will not purchase any NFL related merchandise.

This comes from a person who, up until now, is a die hard pro football fan and loves football season. As an individual, my lone protest will not impact the NFL. However, if people share this and more follow suit, perhaps we as a nation can send a wake-up call to the NFL and the world as a whole.

Enough is enough.
LOL, wow! Knowing what a Packers fan you are I almost can't believe this. Kudos to putting your money where your mouth is and standing up for what you believe in. I wish there were more like you.
Old 25 August 2017, 11:18
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemTech View Post
Dear God,

Thanks,

Me
What will you give us for Brock Osweiller? Small coke? Medium fries? I'd say a couple packets of ketchup but fast food establishments have been stingy with those lately.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old 8 September 2017, 07:54
Confirmed User

The Patriots started off hot, but the Chiefs hung in there and dominated the fourth quarter. Brady didn't look very sharp and injuries to Amendola and Hightower didn't help. Eric Berry did a great job shutting down Gronk. Too bad he went down with an Achilles injury. He would be a huge loss for KC.
Old 8 September 2017, 09:00
Confirmed User

Quote:

Enough is enough.
Did anyone see the quote from Franco Harris, saying Mean Joe Green & Jack Lambert would have taken care of that nonsense in the locker room? Old school, baby!
Old 8 September 2017, 09:03
The Sagacious One

Quote:

Enough is enough.
Agreed, and I have seen you with the cheesehead hat too. Fuck these spoiled brats. I have had some run ins with NFL types several years ago and this latest just solidifies my opinions.

#StandDontGrandStand

Our new posting rules