Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 13 September 2017, 18:04
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumph View Post
Screw the Chargers. Hope they lose every game this year and have zero attendance at their games.
Yep. Different city, same ole shit on the field though they did make the last few minutes interesting on Monday night. As far as bailing on SD, fuck'em. If they had a decent product on the field, I'm sure the city would have met them half way on building a new stadium. The stadium they'll be playing at for a few years in Carson, Stub Hub Center, has a capacity of 27,000 so if they can't fill that they really suck.
Old 17 September 2017, 23:09
Confirmed User

Several blows out today and some teams that looked good last week were terrible this week. The AFC West is shaping up to be a tough division, with the Broncos, Raiders and Chiefs all looking solid. I was glad to see the Titans dominate the second half and they scored the most points in a half since moving to Nashville. Derek Henry was running over people and may start getting more carries than DeMarco Murray.
Old 18 September 2017, 08:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Chime in, what other player out there qualifies for the All-NFL Bust Team. We all know about Ryan Leaf, but I'm sure even you Patriots fans have somebody.
Overall, the biggest bust other than Schlichter or Leaf, in my opinion was Brian Bosworth. I can't think of any NFL draft who promised more and delivered less.

On the Patriot's front, I would lay Tony Eason out for consideration. He succeeded Grogan at QB and was supposed to be the future of the franchise. Big college resume and a Super Bowl appearance, but still a bust.
Old 18 September 2017, 08:54
Confirmed User

USC football has higher attendance than Rams and Chargers combined:

LA attendance:
Chargers - 25,381
Rams - 56,612
NFL combined - 81,993

USC v. Texas - 84,714
Old 18 September 2017, 12:05
Confirmed User

Raiders had a great game. That was fun to watch. That kid Hunt from KC is really talented. He has a bright career ahead of him I think.
Old 18 September 2017, 12:14
Confirmed User

Next week, the Winless Colts and Browns face off in the first ever Dr. Kevorkian Bowl.
Old 18 September 2017, 12:38
Anesthetized User

So far, so good. I have not watched a single game. Sucks because I love the game and a relaxing day of football, snacks and a few drinks.

But, it must be done.

Support SOCNET.
Old 18 September 2017, 13:10
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post

LA attendance:
Chargers - 25,381
Rams - 56,612
NFL combined - 81,993

USC v. Texas - 84,714
That was why the Rams and Raiders left in the first place. Now the Chargers and Rams get to go repeat mistakes. LA already has the Trojans, Bruins, Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Kings, and Ducks for people to spend their sports dollars on, among other options.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 18 September 2017, 13:20
Been There Done That

Quote:

LA attendance:
Chargers - 25,381
Rams - 56,612
NFL combined - 81,993

USC v. Texas - 84,714
Shitbirds couldn't even sell out a 27k soccer stadium. Both games this year came down to the final minute and the kicker, Younghoe Koo, shanked it both times. Yes, that's his real name.
Old 18 September 2017, 14:07
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
That was why the Rams and Raiders left in the first place. Now the Chargers and Rams get to go repeat mistakes. LA already has the Trojans, Bruins, Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Kings, and Ducks for people to spend their sports dollars on, among other options.
When the Rams announced the move to LA, in a conversation with friends, I gave them 5 years before they look to move again.

They, and the Raiders, had the two lowest attendance averages in the NFL for the 3 years before they moved.
Old 18 September 2017, 15:22
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Next week, the Winless Colts and Browns face off in the first ever Dr. Kevorkian Bowl.
Ouch! We better beat the Colts.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old 18 September 2017, 15:37
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Walk View Post
Overall, the biggest bust other than Schlichter or Leaf, in my opinion was Brian Bosworth. I can't think of any NFL draft who promised more and delivered less.

On the Patriot's front, I would lay Tony Eason out for consideration. He succeeded Grogan at QB and was supposed to be the future of the franchise. Big college resume and a Super Bowl appearance, but still a bust.
Ah yes, Tony Eason. Looked like a deer caught in the headlights against the Bears D in SB XX.

And to think New England could have drafted Dan Marino in the '83 draft. In the end it didn't matter for New England, as the last decade and a half has proven.
Old 18 September 2017, 15:56

Quote:
Ah yes, Tony Eason. Looked like a deer caught in the headlights against the Bears D in SB XX.

And to think New England could have drafted Dan Marino in the '83 draft. In the end it didn't matter for New England, as the last decade and a half has proven.
The Bears humiliation took a generation to buff out. Falcon fan will find out all about that. Folks here pretend like it never happened....like the '86 Red Sox.

It was The Fridge running for a touchdown that was the hardest to live down. The Bears defense was once-in-a-generation good and everybody knew it. No embarrassment getting stuffed there. But did the Fridge really need a running touchdown?
Old 18 September 2017, 16:30
Critical mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH0922 View Post
Shitbirds couldn't even sell out a 27k soccer stadium. Both games this year came down to the final minute and the kicker, Younghoe Koo, shanked it both times. Yes, that's his real name.
This is hard for me to type being a lifelong Bolts fan. I have given away all my Chargers gear to the Salvation Army. Yes I know they were in LA for their first year. I cannot bring myself to root for them there. The whole history of the Spanos family in SD and the franchise consistently trading away top talent or casting good coaches aside (Shottenheimer) for mediocrity (Turner). I am sad to say... I am done.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. -John Adams
Old 18 September 2017, 16:38
Confirmed User

If the raiders can find some better defense against legit teams, I don't see us falling anything short or a Superbowl win. We have the offensive powerhouse but lack cbs.
Old 19 September 2017, 11:20
The Sagacious One

This warms my heart. Even the NFL is consumed with partisan politics.
Old 19 September 2017, 12:58

The Bears were so bad on Sunday, I just had to keep watching to see if things could get any worse. They did.

I don't care where a player is on a depth chart, if they are on the roster of an NFL team I expect them to catch the football, especially when the damn thing is thrown right to them and they actually have their hands on it, if only for a second or two.

5 straight dropped passes by 3 different receivers on Sunday. And since it was late in the game and the Bears were getting slaughtered, that means 5 plays in a row, as all of them were passing plays.

So I'm going with the "product sucks" theory. The politics I could care less about, and haven't really seen it occur on the Bears. Not that it would matter, they're so friggin' bad no one would probably see it anyway!
Old 19 September 2017, 16:47
Confirmed User

Quote:
The Bears were so bad on Sunday, I just had to keep watching to see if things could get any worse. They did.

I don't care where a player is on a depth chart, if they are on the roster of an NFL team I expect them to catch the football, especially when the damn thing is thrown right to them and they actually have their hands on it, if only for a second or two.

5 straight dropped passes by 3 different receivers on Sunday. And since it was late in the game and the Bears were getting slaughtered, that means 5 plays in a row, as all of them were passing plays.

So I'm going with the "product sucks" theory. The politics I could care less about, and haven't really seen it occur on the Bears. Not that it would matter, they're so friggin' bad no one would probably see it anyway!
I dont follow the bears, I have had enough misery being a raiders fan.( that's better now) I watched an interview with the Bears head coach and the guy was just saying pretty much shit happens about loosing the game. 0-8 Coach saying that seems bad to me. Do you Bears fans like the head coach?
Old 19 September 2017, 18:02

Do we like "Foxie"?

No.

He's just keeping the seat warm for either Sean Payton or Jon Gruden at this point, although he would definitely like to stay on the job. But if they keep sucking as bad as they have for the last several seasons, he may not have a choice.

Then again, it's the Bears, and the Bears are owned by Virginia McCaskey. Like her father, she never met a nickel she didn't like. Bearing in mind that she's been around the team since its inception and can remember when the survival of the NFL was always in doubt, at least until they got to the 40s and 50s. They don't like to let people go while they still have to pay them, and Fox has one more year on his contract.

I think it was Ditka who said that George Halas threw nickels around like they were manhole covers.
Old 19 September 2017, 21:16
Confirmed User

Quote:
Do we like "Foxie"?

No.

He's just keeping the seat warm for either Sean Payton or Jon Gruden at this point, although he would definitely like to stay on the job. But if they keep sucking as bad as they have for the last several seasons, he may not have a choice.

Then again, it's the Bears, and the Bears are owned by Virginia McCaskey. Like her father, she never met a nickel she didn't like. Bearing in mind that she's been around the team since its inception and can remember when the survival of the NFL was always in doubt, at least until they got to the 40s and 50s. They don't like to let people go while they still have to pay them, and Fox has one more year on his contract.

I think it was Ditka who said that George Halas threw nickels around like they were manhole covers.
I think Gruden could straighten out that program.

Our new posting rules