Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 19 September 2017, 21:20
Confirmed User

Gruden misses coaching for sure but not the BS that comes with being a head coach. He perfectly happy running camps and clinics and walking down the street to the Bucs facility to break down film with them.
Old 20 September 2017, 07:54
Confirmed User

Gruden has had many opportunities to return to coaching and hasn't done so. I don't see it happening. He has the perfect gig, makes a ton of money, and doesn't have to deal with the stress of being a head coach.
Old 20 September 2017, 12:14
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDave View Post
Gruden has had many opportunities to return to coaching and hasn't done so. I don't see it happening. He has the perfect gig, makes a ton of money, and doesn't have to deal with the stress of being a head coach.
Agree. If it happens I would be surprised. Every season he tops the list of candidates the media thinks will be in contention for a job and it never happens. Dude is loving life right now, still talking about NFL football and working with NFL teams.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old 20 September 2017, 13:18
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
The Bears might be an exception, a charter franchise that he can get turned around and win a Super Bowl or two with. It would only add to his reputation, and when he finally left coaching again for good his TV payday would be even bigger.

He's said he'd like to get back in, and the Bears offer him a perfect chance to basically start with a clean slate, with the exception that Ryan Pace would probably still be there for awhile.
Old 20 September 2017, 15:38
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
That was why the Rams and Raiders left in the first place. Now the Chargers and Rams get to go repeat mistakes. LA already has the Trojans, Bruins, Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Kings, and Ducks for people to spend their sports dollars on, among other options.
SoCal also has some pretty tasty waves Bro.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 20 September 2017, 17:08
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
SoCal also has some pretty tasty waves Bro.
I didn't know you were old enough to date girls who had been in the WAVES in the 1940s, but I guess the nursing home does make them lonely.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 20 September 2017, 17:23
Confirmed User

Quote:
The Bears might be an exception, a charter franchise that he can get turned around and win a Super Bowl or two with. It would only add to his reputation, and when he finally left coaching again for good his TV payday would be even bigger.

He's said he'd like to get back in, and the Bears offer him a perfect chance to basically start with a clean slate, with the exception that Ryan Pace would probably still be there for awhile.
I was slightly optimistic watching them against the Falcons. Then last weeks game, I turned it off at half time. I would love to see Gruden coach the Bears. But like others have said, he would be a fool to give up the gravy gig he has going on now.
Old 22 September 2017, 12:39
Confirmed User

They released the results of Aaron Hernandez's autopsy and he had stage 3 CTE, with stage 4 being the worst. He was 24 when he went to jail, so I'm surprised to see it so advanced in someone that young. Of the 111 former players they've tested, 110 had CTE. It's unfortunate that they can only verify it with an autopsy. This doesn't excuse his behavior as he has always been a thug. But his family is suing the NFL. If I had a son wanting to play ball, I'd think hard about not allowing it. There are several former Titans that are having serious problems that are probably related to CTE.
Old 22 September 2017, 13:18
Confirmed User

I have heard a rumour that the NFL might try to kick the Chargers back to San Diego because they are so horrible.

Could the NFL force the Chargers back to San Diego?
Old 22 September 2017, 13:36
Did...did I do that?

Quote:
But his family is suing the NFL.
I'm hearing that their suit may get thrown out because he didn't opt out of the settlement.
Old 22 September 2017, 13:37
The Sagacious One

Quote:
They released the results of Aaron Hernandez's autopsy and he had stage 3 CTE, with stage 4 being the worst. He was 24 when he went to jail, so I'm surprised to see it so advanced in someone that young. Of the 111 former players they've tested, 110 had CTE. It's unfortunate that they can only verify it with an autopsy. This doesn't excuse his behavior as he has always been a thug. But his family is suing the NFL. If I had a son wanting to play ball, I'd think hard about not allowing it. There are several former Titans that are having serious problems that are probably related to CTE.
His family is suing because their meal ticket shit the bed. Fuck that thug and all of the parasites that suckled from his corrupt and criminal tit.

You take 300 lb + guys and make them slam into each other and then wonder why your brain hurts? And of course its not their fault. Sadly, the NFL's greed is worse, so despite the pathetic law suit in order to keep the personal mechanic for the Porsche, fuck the NFL as well, let them pay through the nose. It all happens cause everyday common folks keep paying their hard earned money to the tune of $150 a ticket to go and see it in person.

Gotta run, interview with ESPN.......
Old 22 September 2017, 13:37
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
I have heard a rumour that the NFL might try to kick the Chargers back to San Diego because they are so horrible.

Could the NFL force the Chargers back to San Diego?
My .02 The only viable path forward is to force the Spanos Family to sell the Chargers to an owner who will relocate back to SD and build a stadium. It's laughable to think LA wants or can support 2 NFL teams. The issue with the Chargers is their ownership and most SD fans can't stand them. Wait to you see the sign that will fly over their 'home' stadium this weekend......
Old 22 September 2017, 14:15

Los Angeles can barely support one football team, LA is simply not a football town except for USC.

LA is the Lakers town, always has been. Even the Dodgers have trouble getting their fan base excited, even when they're playing great like they did for much of this year.
Old 22 September 2017, 14:33
pumpin gas and kickin ass

Oh c'mon, if the Raiders were in LA they would be selling out.

The Chargers and the Rams just don't have the right brand for the LA market.

How funny would it have been if the Raider move to Vegas fell through and they moved to SD instead. I would have died laughing.
Old 22 September 2017, 14:38
Confirmed User

Quote:
If I had a son wanting to play ball, I'd think hard about not allowing it....
My sons really, really want to play. If I could guarantee long snapper, kicker, or punter, maybe....
Old 22 September 2017, 21:21
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
I didn't know you were old enough to date girls who had been in the WAVES in the 1940s, but I guess the nursing home does make them lonely.
At my age, just about anything with a heartbeat that smiles at me is GTG. No standards. Kind of like a submariner that's come to the surface after 180 days.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when Iím attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 23 September 2017, 15:03
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by doitforjonny View Post
Oh c'mon, if the Raiders were in LA they would be selling out.
I don't believe that for a minute.
Old 23 September 2017, 15:04

Yep, there's a reason they moved back to Oakland.
Old 23 September 2017, 18:59
pumpin gas and kickin ass

Hyperbole probably got the better of me. But they would be doing better than the Chargers, for sure.

Who in LA likes any sports team south of Pendleton?
Old 24 September 2017, 13:10
Moving Target

Im done with the NFL, piss on them.

Our new posting rules