Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 17 September 2017, 07:31
Un-confirmed User

From the verdict..."Finally, the court observes, based on its nearly thirty years on the bench, that an urban heroin dealer not in possession of a firearm would be an anomaly."

If you haven't read it, go read it...
Old 17 September 2017, 10:08
Amatuer TerrorAstrologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-Harper View Post
From the verdict..."Finally, the court observes, based on its nearly thirty years on the bench, that an urban heroin dealer not in possession of a firearm would be an anomaly."
I don't understand why the judge included this sentence (though I have my suspicions). It's not true and those weren't facts of record. Eventually someone is going to go through the cases he's had and point out that he's full of it.
"I am going to permit this thread to continue under the following conditions: 1. The original poster will cease posting like he is a skateboarder. 2. The original poster will use the search engine." -magician

Last edited by redhawk; 17 September 2017 at 10:18.
Old 17 September 2017, 15:58
Un-confirmed User

^^^Any different than a liberal judge putting his/her two cents from the other end of the spectrum in their ruling?
Old 17 September 2017, 16:03
**** Cancer

Question

Would the trial have gone any differently if the prosecution hadn't gone with premeditated murder?
"Away with the whims of governmental administrators, their socialized projects, their centralization, their tariffs, their government schools, their state religions, their free credit, their bank monopolies, their regulations, their restrictions, their equalization by taxation, and their pious moralizations!"

~ Frédéric Bastiat
Old 17 September 2017, 16:23
Problem Solver

Quote:

^^^Any different than a liberal judge putting his/her two cents from the other end of the spectrum in their ruling?
Wrong is wrong is wrong is wrong, no matter who says/does it or what their political affiliation may be.

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 17 September 2017, 16:24
Been There Done That

Yup...two wrongs don't make a right.
Old 17 September 2017, 16:28
killjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
(meat and potatoes)
Thank you for this, Tracker.

Quote:

If you haven't read it, go read it...
Was that statement made based upon court records or his personal experience?
Old 17 September 2017, 16:30
Un-confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Wrong is wrong is wrong is wrong, no matter who says/does it or what their political affiliation may be.
Agree 1000%...
Old 17 September 2017, 16:31
Un-confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look. Don'tTouch. View Post
Was that statement made based upon court records or his personal experience?
I can only speculate...you'd have to ask the judge who wrote it
Old 17 September 2017, 16:55
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Yup...
Old 17 September 2017, 22:53
Make a desert and call it peace.

Meh, putting faith in some lawyer in a black dress is for naive simpletons.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/re...rticle/2634019

ALL authority comes from We, the People. We have delegated this authority, for too long, to parties which have become entitled and malevolent. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith
Old 17 September 2017, 23:30
Confirmed User

I am starting to get the idea that many but certainly not all young black people just like to riot, burn things down and steal shit. The "reasons" are just excuses to do what they want to do already
Old 18 September 2017, 00:59
#BlackRiflesMatter

So, I think I got this straight...

1. the officer is recorded saying we're gonna kill this asshole.
2. the officer gets into a two-fisted "shootout" using an unauthorized (and somewhat comical) AK pistol with a drum mag. LEO 7.62 spray-n-pray. C'mon. More training and lose the infidel patch.
3. the suspect is killed and there is a suspicion the suspect's weapon was planted after the fact. (WTF nobody did dashcam audio/ballistics/powder residue on the suspect to establish a viable two-way exchange?)
4. The judge aquits partly based on his 30+yrs experience that heroin dealers always have gunz.

Yup, clearly another bad case of lead poisoning.

Last edited by Tycon; 18 September 2017 at 01:28.
Old 18 September 2017, 09:08
Midgetologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinfist View Post
I am starting to get the idea that many but certainly not all young black people just like to riot, burn things down and steal shit. The "reasons" are just excuses to do what they want to do already
Urban scum is all those rioters are. A 240 would take of it quick.
Old 18 September 2017, 09:27
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Urban scum is all those rioters are. A 240 would take of it quick.
Ya know I've always wanted to fire a minigun from the hip like Arnold on Terminator 2 and hear a reply "That's a damn minigun!!!". Or that jungle cutting scene in Predator.
Old 18 September 2017, 10:24
Reverse Apache Master

There's a good possibility they charged him with Murder instead of a lesser offense like Manslaughter (or whatever their equivalent is) knowing that the Murder charge wouldn't be possible to prove, thus getting an acquittal while simultaneously being able to technically say "we did our part and let the system work."

Giving the enemy a boner is half the battle. --Jungle Recon
Old 18 September 2017, 10:30
MSMD

"...young black people just like to riot, burn things down and steal shit"
"Urban scum is all those rioters are. A 240 would take of it quick."

Sorry, but I'm having a little trouble getting a read on these statements that isn't racist as fuck. Maybe somebody can help me out.

As to the judge's statement, I can't imagine why he felt the need to put his biases on display in his opinion. Having worked in a narcotics unit, it is my experience that he's dead wrong, anyways. Drug dealers that have been around for more than a minute definitely have access to guns, but know that dope plus guns equals prison when you get busted.

What I can't figure out is why they even brought this to trial now in the first place. They declined prosecution for 6 years, settled with the family civilly and the cop was forced to resign. No new evidence came to light. Seems like this was just asking for the inevitable shit show that has ensued.
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you choose, what you think, and what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny ... it is the light that guides your way.
~ Heraclitus
Old 18 September 2017, 10:39
#BlackRiflesMatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
There's a good possibility they charged him with Murder instead of a lesser offense like Manslaughter (or whatever their equivalent is) knowing that the Murder charge wouldn't be possible to prove, thus getting an acquittal while simultaneously being able to technically say "we did our part and let the system work."
Was thinking that exact same thing, if they didn't even check dashcam audio, ballistics, or powder residue to establish the facts of the suspect weapon. Or they did investigate, and didn't like what they found. Still can't get past a LEO using a rifle-caliber AK pistol (likely "low budget" POS) with a drum magazine for that surgical LEO professionalism. That says a lot about this "officer". Got to give him credit though for pure balls (and keeping his freedom).

Last edited by Tycon; 18 September 2017 at 10:55.
Old 18 September 2017, 10:41
Make a desert and call it peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
Yeah, I tend to agree with this. Similar situations have come up in Chicago with police shootings, where you could easily make the case for gross incompetence, but not malice, yet the clowns in the prosecutor's office have charged 1st degree murder, with the largely inevitable result of "not guilty."

Once is misfortune, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action. S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith
Old 18 September 2017, 10:43
Midgetologist

^^^ I don't know how calling city dwellers urban scum is racist?
I could personally care less what color rioters are. Myself and a lot of other Americans are sick of this bullshit. And yeah I got no issue with using deadly force to stop a riot.

Our new posting rules