Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 6 November 2008, 16:50
Overseas Gunplumber

jostha,

Forgot about the change. Thanks for posting that link. If anyone thinks that any firearms are safe around these people, one need only look at their past voting record.

I have been to some armorer courses.

Owner- Semper Paratus Arms, LLC
Old 6 November 2008, 16:53
Chimpoltle ExtraOrdinary

Bolt Actions, Lever Actions.. etc. There looks to be a grandfather clause.... but i see no Sunset.. unless I am missing something. Also, the part on the guns, is misworded... i dont see the whole "on or before " statement in regards to the effective date.. only "on".. maybe it something, maybe not...
Old 6 November 2008, 16:54
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Hey, you dudes that are going out and buying huge amounts of guns because of your worries, PM me later when you run low on money and need to sell a couple of them.

Don't look at it as opportunistic, rather -- you should think about how happy your guns will be with me....:D:D
Old 6 November 2008, 16:57
Chimpoltle ExtraOrdinary

:D .... SOTB... i have a yugo underfolder i well sell ya but the price just went up to three times the amount for you!!!

:P
Old 6 November 2008, 16:59
Confirmed User

They are not going to be passing any anti-gun legislation. None. No Assault Weapons Bans, no confiscatory laws. And it's all because of one little word:

Votes.

There are no votes in banning guns. And 12 years in the wilderness has taught the Dems that anti-gun votes lost votes.

If Senator Obama had run on an anti-gun platform, would he have won Colorado? Would he have won Virginia? Would he have won North Carolina, Nevada, New Mexico?

Both new Udall Senators won on pro-gun platforms. No votes in this issue.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. -C.S. Lewis
Old 6 November 2008, 17:07
Overseas Gunplumber

Well I believe that you are wrong and one need only look at President elect Obamas past statements. The next elections aren't until 2010 so if they pass something early on by then sheeple will be asleep at the wheel and won't care.

Since he has already been elected I don't think he cares about what impact it will have on him in 2012.

You have alot of faith in people, but I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
They are not going to be passing any anti-gun legislation. None. No Assault Weapons Bans, no confiscatory laws. And it's all because of one little word:

Votes.

There are no votes in banning guns. And 12 years in the wilderness has taught the Dems that anti-gun votes lost votes.

If Senator President-Elect Obama had run on an anti-gun platform, would he have won Colorado? Would he have won Virginia? Would he have won North Carolina, Nevada, New Mexico?

Old 6 November 2008, 17:11
Been There Done That

Quote:

Votes.

If Senator President-Elect Obama had run on an anti-gun platform, would he have won Colorado? Would he have won Virginia? Would he have won North Carolina, Nevada, New Mexico?

Glad you said it so I didn't have to. The Democrats aren't dumb. They know what happens to them when they gun grab. Unfortunately, the Republicans don't learn lessons like their opponents.

Besides- does anyone honestly think they would attempt to "confiscate" everyone's weapons? How would they do it? Do you think the police and military would cooperate with that? You going to go into the houses of literally tens of millions of American gun owners and forcibly take them? We can't even manage to keep weapons out of the Iraqis hands, let alone a country this size. Nobody wants to be the politician that helped ignite a civil war.

The first AWB was passed as a band-aid feel-good compromise. It was obviously designed to shut up Sarah Brady by telling her all the bad "assault rifles" were now banned, and the rest of us just had gay looking AKs for a few years. I remember rushing out in the early 90's to buy one before it got passed. I felt like a tard right after, realizing that you could still buy the same weapon, only it came with a 5 round magazine (the 30 rounders were just laying in a box nearby). I think the gun industry is taking advantage of this in order to sell to an already saturated market.
22 Aug 17
Old 6 November 2008, 17:11
Chimpoltle ExtraOrdinary

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraqgunz View Post
Well I believe that you are wrong and one need only look at President elect President-Elect Obamas past statements. The next elections aren't until 2010 so if they pass something early on by then sheeple will be asleep at the wheel and won't care.

Since he has already been elected I don't think he cares about what impact it will have on him in 2012.

Then we go out in 2012 and make sure he looses! We shall see his true colors soon enough, but as an earlier post stated... I swore an oath, though I am not in now, I am an American, so he is My President now... Pray for him, and do what you can for this Country... and make sure we are out in Full force in 4 years..

heck, make sure we are out in 2 years to get Congress Back...
Old 6 November 2008, 17:22
Overseas Gunplumber

If there are any doubts this should help to clarify his position.

Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions

Principles that Obama supports on gun issues:
Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.

Source: 1998 IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test Jul 2, 1998

Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers.
Exempt lawsuits brought against individuals who knowingly transfer a firearm that will be used to commit a violent or drug-trafficking crime
Exempt lawsuits against actions that result in death, physical injury or property damage due solely to a product defect
Call for the dismissal of all qualified civil liability actions pending on the date of enactment by the court in which the action was brought
Prohibit the manufacture, import, sale or delivery of armor piercing ammunition, and sets a minimum prison term of 15 years for violations
Require all licensed importers, manufacturers and dealers who engage in the transfer of handguns to provide secure gun storage or safety devices.

Reference: Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act; Bill S 397 ; vote number 2005-219 on Jul 29, 2005

Old 6 November 2008, 17:23
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostha2008 View Post
heck, make sure we are out in 2 years to get Congress Back...
Back to what? We need more options in the future to prevent the same kinds of infighting and footdragging we have to deal with now.
Old 6 November 2008, 17:24
Overseas Gunplumber

I don't think that confiscation is a reality, but a new AWB is going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
Glad you said it so I didn't have to. The Democrats aren't dumb. They know what happens to them when they gun grab. Unfortunately, the Republicans don't learn lessons like their opponents.

Besides- does anyone honestly think they would attempt to "confiscate" everyone's weapons? How would they do it? Do you think the police and military would cooperate with that? You going to go into the houses of literally tens of millions of American gun owners and forcibly take them? We can't even manage to keep weapons out of the Iraqis hands, let alone a country this size. Nobody wants to be the politician that helped ignite a civil war.

The first AWB was passed as a band-aid feel-good compromise. It was obviously designed to shut up Sarah Brady by telling her all the bad "assault rifles" were now banned, and the rest of us just had gay looking AKs for a few years. I remember rushing out in the early 90's to buy one before it got passed. I felt like a tard right after, realizing that you could still buy the same weapon, only it came with a 5 round magazine (the 30 rounders were just laying in a box nearby). I think the gun industry is taking advantage of this in order to sell to an already saturated market.

Old 6 November 2008, 17:29
Confirmed User

Quote:
Well I believe that you are wrong and one need only look at President elect President-Elect President-Elect Obamas past statements. The next elections aren't until 2010 so if they pass something early on by then sheeple will be asleep at the wheel and won't care.
Iraqgunz:

If you think I believe this because of my faith in people, that is incorrect. in fact, quite the opposite.

The Democrats may BELIEVE that banning guns is the best thing to do. However they - or any politician - will never let their BELIEFS get in the way of their re-election.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. -C.S. Lewis
Old 6 November 2008, 17:43
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
I was happy to read this until, I just read that both the Udalls are anti-gun and rated F by GOA. Are you sure about your facts? This means that in the senate the only pro-gun pickup on the Democratic side is Warner (D), since Warner (R) was not a pro-gun Republican.

Sltwtr1

OUT

Jack Bauer
Old 6 November 2008, 17:49
Confirmed User

Sltwtr1:

I will double check that. I could be wrong, but I was under the impression they were pro-2nd amendment.
Old 6 November 2008, 18:11
Overseas Gunplumber

You are correct. Both of the Udalls have an "F" rating from the Gun Owners of America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sltwtr1 View Post
I was happy to read this until, I just read that both the Udalls are anti-gun and rated F by GOA. Are you sure about your facts? This means that in the senate the only pro-gun pickup on the Democratic side is Warner (D), since Warner (R) was not a pro-gun Republican.

Sltwtr1

OUT

Old 6 November 2008, 18:23
Been There Done That

Quote:
Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions

Principles that President-Elect Obama supports on gun issues:
Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.

Source: 1998 IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test Jul 2, 1998

Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers.
Exempt lawsuits brought against individuals who knowingly transfer a firearm that will be used to commit a violent or drug-trafficking crime
Exempt lawsuits against actions that result in death, physical injury or property damage due solely to a product defect
Call for the dismissal of all qualified civil liability actions pending on the date of enactment by the court in which the action was brought
Prohibit the manufacture, import, sale or delivery of armor piercing ammunition, and sets a minimum prison term of 15 years for violations
Require all licensed importers, manufacturers and dealers who engage in the transfer of handguns to provide secure gun storage or safety devices.

Reference: Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act; Bill S 397 ; vote number 2005-219 on Jul 29, 2005
It's one thing to support stuff like that while representing Chicago. Its quite another to come out like that when you represent the whole country. It'll be his ass, and I'm sure he knows it.
22 Aug 17
Old 6 November 2008, 18:33
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix
....It'll be his ass, and I'm sure he knows it.
I believe that MZ6 is "righter" than those thinking the worst. I really believe that the Pres-elect is not going to have the honeymoon with Congress or the office he has been elected to, that some might have thought. As such, since he is already likely to be forced to do some things that will hurt his popularity, the Democrats are not likely to want to jump onto something that will be even less popular -- and more likely to hurt them in two years.

Plus, that bill reads GAY. How the hell do they expect to sell the idea that a lever-action .30-.30 should be banned? That's just silly....
Old 6 November 2008, 18:56
Chimpoltle ExtraOrdinary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTB View Post
I believe that MZ6 is "righter" than those thinking the worst. I really believe that the Pres-elect is not going to have the honeymoon with Congress or the office he has been elected to, that some might have thought. As such, since he is already likely to be forced to do some things that will hurt his popularity, the Democrats are not likely to want to jump onto something that will be even less popular -- and more likely to hurt them in two years.

Plus, that bill reads GAY. How the hell do they expect to sell the idea that a lever-action .30-.30 should be banned? That's just silly....
or a single shot .22 for that matter...
Old 6 November 2008, 20:59
Get Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostha2008 View Post
SEC. 6. APPENDIX A TO SECTION 922 OF TITLE 18.
Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following appendix:

`APPENDIX A
`Centerfire Rifles--Autoloaders
`Browning BAR Mark II Safari Semi-Auto Rifle

`Browning BAR Mark II Safari Magnum Rifle

`Browning High-Power Rifle

`Heckler & Koch Model 300 Rifle

`Iver Johnson M-1 Carbine

`Iver Johnson 50th Anniversary M-1 Carbine

`Marlin Model 9 Camp Carbine

`Marlin Model 45 Carbine

`Remington Nylon 66 Auto-Loading Rifle

`Remington Model 7400 Auto Rifle

`Remington Model 7400 Rifle

`Remington Model 7400 Special Purpose Auto Rifle

`Ruger Mini-14 Autoloading Rifle (w/o folding stock)

`Ruger Mini Thirty Rifle

`Centerfire Rifles--Lever & Slide
`Browning Model 81 BLR Lever-Action Rifle

`Browning Model 81 Long Action BLR

`Browning Model 1886 Lever-Action Carbine

`Browning Model 1886 High Grade Carbine

`Cimarron 1860 Henry Replica

`Cimarron 1866 Winchester Replica

`Cimarron 1873 Short Rifle

`Cimarron 1873 Sporting Rifle

`Cimarron 1873 30" Express Rifle

`Dixie Engraved 1873 Rifle

`E.M.F. 1866 Yellowboy Lever Actions

`E.M.F. 1860 Henry Rifle

`E.M.F. Model 73 Lever-Action Rifle

`Marlin Model 336CS Lever-Action Carbine

`Marlin Model 30AS Lever-Action Carbine

`Marlin Model 444SS Lever-Action Sporter

`Marlin Model 1894S Lever-Action Carbine

`Marlin Model 1894CS Carbine

`Marlin Model 1894CL Classic

`Marlin Model 1895SS Lever-Action Rifle

`Mitchell 1858 Henry Replica

`Mitchell 1866 Winchester Replica

`Mitchell 1873 Winchester Replica

`Navy Arms Military Henry Rifle

`Navy Arms Henry Trapper

`Navy Arms Iron Frame Henry

`Navy Arms Henry Carbine

`Navy Arms 1866 Yellowboy Rifle

`Navy Arms 1873 Winchester-Style Rifle

`Navy Arms 1873 Sporting Rifle

`Remington 7600 Slide Action

`Remington Model 7600 Special Purpose Slide Action

`Rossi M92 SRC Saddle-Ring Carbine

`Rossi M92 SRS Short Carbine

`Savage 99C Lever-Action Rifle

`Uberti Henry Rifle

`Uberti 1866 Sporting Rifle

`Uberti 1873 Sporting Rifle

`Winchester Model 94 Side Eject Lever-Action Rifle

`Winchester Model 94 Trapper Side Eject

`Winchester Model 94 Big Bore Side Eject

`Winchester Model 94 Ranger Side Eject Lever-Action Rifle

`Winchester Model 94 Wrangler Side Eject

`Centerfire Rifles--Bolt Action
`Alpine Bolt-Action Rifle

`A-Square Caesar Bolt-Action Rifle

`A-Square Hannibal Bolt-Action Rifle

`Anschutz 1700D Classic Rifle

`Anschutz 1700D Custom Rifle

`Anschutz 1700D Bavarian Bolt-Action Rifle

`Anschutz 1733D Mannlicher Rifle

`Barret Model 90 Bolt-Action Rifle

`Beeman/HW 60J Bolt-Action Rifle

`Blaser R84 Bolt-Action Rifle

`BRNO 537 Sporter Bolt-Action Rifle

`BRNO ZKB 527 Fox Bolt-Action Rifle

`BRNO ZKK 600, 601, and 602 Bolt-Action Rifles

`Browning A-Bolt Rifle

`Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker

`Browning A-Bolt Left Hand

`Browning A-Bolt Short Action

`Browning Euro-Bolt Rifle

`Browning A-Bolt Gold Medallion

`Browning A-Bolt Micro Medallion

`Century Centurion 14 Sporter

`Century Enfield Sporter #4

`Century Swedish Sporter #38

`Century Mauser 98 Sporter

`Cooper Model 38 Centerfire Sporter

`Dakota 22 Sporter Bolt-Action Rifle

`Dakota 76 Classic Bolt-Action Rifle

`Dakota 76 Short Action Rifle

`Dakota 76 Safari Bolt-Action Rifle

`Dakota 416 Rigby African

`E.A.A./Sabatti Rover 870 Bolt-Action Rifle

`Auguste Francotte Bolt-Action Rifle

`Carl Gustaf 2000 Bolt-Action Rifle

`Heym Magnum Express Series Rifle

`Howa Lightning Bolt-Action Rifle

`Howa Realtree Camo Rifle

`Interarms Mark X Viscount Bolt-Action Rifle

`Interarms Mini-Mark X Rifle

`Interarms Mark X Whitworth Bolt-Action Rifle

`Interarms Whitworth Express Rifle

`Iver Johnson Model 5100A1 Long-Range Rifle

`KDF K15 American Bolt-Action Rifle

`Krico Model 600 Bolt-Action Rifle

`Krico Model 700 Bolt-Action Rifle

`Mauser Model 66 Bolt-Action Rifle

`Mauser Model 99 Bolt-Action Rifle

`McMillan Signature Classic Sporter

`McMillan Signature Super Varminter

`McMillan Signature Alaskan

`McMillan Signature Titanium Mountain Rifle

`McMillan Classic Stainless Sporter

`McMillan Talon Safari Rifle

`McMillan Talon Sporter Rifle

`Midland 1500S Survivor Rifle

`Navy Arms TU-33/40 Carbine

`Parker-Hale Model 81 Classic Rifle

`Parker-Hale Model 81 Classic African Rifle

`Parker-Hale Model 1000 Rifle

`Parker-Hale Model 1100M African Magnum

`Parker-Hale Model 1100 Lightweight Rifle

`Parker-Hale Model 1200 Super Rifle

`Parker-Hale Model 1200 Super Clip Rifle

`Parker-Hale Model 1300C Scout Rifle

`Parker-Hale Model 2100 Midland Rifle

`Parker-Hale Model 2700 Lightweight Rifle

`Parker-Hale Model 2800 Midland Rifle

`Remington Model Seven Bolt-Action Rifle

`Remington Model Seven Youth Rifle

`Remington Model Seven Custom KS

`Remington Model Seven Custom MS Rifle

`Remington 700 ADL Bolt-Action Rifle

`Remington 700 BDL Bolt-Action Rifle

`Remington 700 BDL Varmint Special

`Remington 700 BDL European Bolt-Action Rifle

`Remington 700 Varmint Synthetic Rifle

`Remington 700 BDL SS Rifle

`Remington 700 Stainless Synthetic Rifle

`Remington 700 MTRSS Rifle

`Remington 700 BDL Left Hand

`Remington 700 Camo Synthetic Rifle

`Remington 700 Safari

`Remington 700 Mountain Rifle

`Remington 700 Custom KS Mountain Rifle

`Remington 700 Classic Rifle

`Ruger M77 Mark II Rifle

`Ruger M77 Mark II Magnum Rifle

`Ruger M77RL Ultra Light

`Ruger M77 Mark II All-Weather Stainless Rifle

`Ruger M77 RSI International Carbine

`Ruger M77 Mark II Express Rifle

`Ruger M77VT Target Rifle

`Sako Hunter Rifle

`Sako FiberClass Sporter

`Sako Safari Grade Bolt Action

`Sako Hunter Left-Hand Rifle

`Sako Classic Bolt Action

`Sako Hunter LS Rifle

`Sako Deluxe Lightweight

`Sako Super Deluxe Sporter

`Sako Mannlicher-Style Carbine

`Sako Varmint Heavy Barrel

`Sako TRG-S Bolt-Action Rifle

`Sauer 90 Bolt-Action Rifle

`Savage 110G Bolt-Action Rifle

`Savage 110CY Youth/Ladies Rifle

`Savage 110WLE One of One Thousand Limited Edition Rifle

`Savage 110GXP3 Bolt-Action Rifle

`Savage 110F Bolt-Action Rifle

`Savage 110FXP3 Bolt-Action Rifle

`Savage 110GV Varmint Rifle

`Savage 112FV Varmint Rifle

`Savage Model 112FVS Varmint Rifle

`Savage Model 112BV Heavy Barrel Varmint Rifle

`Savage 116FSS Bolt-Action Rifle

`Savage Model 116FSK Kodiak Rifle

`Savage 110FP Police Rifle

`Steyr-Mannlicher Sporter Models SL, L, M, S, and S/T

`Steyr-Mannlicher Luxus Models L, M, and S

`Steyr-Mannlicher Model M Professional Rifle

`Tikka Bolt-Action Rifle

`Tikka Premium Grade Rifle

`Tikka Varmint/Continental Rifle

`Tikka Whitetail/Battue Rifle

`Ultra Light Arms Model 20 Rifle

`Ultra Light Arms Model 28 and Model 40 Rifles

`Voere VEC 91 Lightning Bolt-Action Rifle

`Voere Model 2165 Bolt-Action Rifle

`Voere Model 2155 and 2150 Bolt-Action Rifles

`Weatherby Mark V Deluxe Bolt-Action Rifle

`Weatherby Lasermark V Rifle

`Weatherby Mark V Crown Custom Rifle

`Weatherby Mark V Sporter Rifle

`Weatherby Mark V Safari Grade Custom Rifle

`Weatherby Weathermark Rifle

`Weatherby Weathermark Alaskan Rifle

`Weatherby Classicmark No.
This will NEVER pass. NEVER. If it did, it would lead to a civil war, no exaggeration. Even if it was in danger of passing, the NRA, GOA, Jews for Self-Defense, 2nd Amendment Society, etc. would be all over it, lobbying, campaigning, rallying the people, etc. If the Dems ignored all this, it would be suicide for them. They wouldn't see the White House or have even a non-filibuster proof minority till the 2nd Coming...they would be labeled (rightly) that they were for an authoritarian govt. If it did get signed into law, it would be overturned by any court, even the 9th Circuit. If it got held up, it would mean the Constitution has been slain, and we would have an uprising.

Last edited by Terminator2; 6 November 2008 at 21:07.
Old 6 November 2008, 21:33
I'm kind of a big deal

Whether it passes or not, or whether it's even VOTED on, I want to see these people - Mr. KIRK (for himself, Mr. CASTLE, Mr. FERGUSON, and Mr. SHAYS) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary- out of office and shunned publically for being class A asshats! I consider these men a threat to the safety of the American people.

Scotty

Our new posting rules