SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Law Enforcement

Old 2 June 2020, 19:34
Confirmed User

Minneapolis LEO Chokes Man To Death

For those that know the other related effects of say post riot Los Angeles and other areas, what should we expect? For example, even with the whole COVID-2019 effect, I heard that some teachers would not return to work at Minneapolis Public Schools. I assume real estate value will plummet? For example, is a home that was valued at say $300,000 in Minneapolis, now suddenly worth only $150,000? I have to imagine that a least a few coppers from the Minneapolis Police are going to say, "Fuck this shit, I am retiring and taking my MN PERA pension!"
Old 2 June 2020, 20:30
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by H60Gunner View Post
Check this out. I wonder if the "organized looters and rioters" will try to challenge this at some point. Supposedly some of them drove by earlier to check these guys out and didn't show, for the show....

https://cdapressDOTcom/news/2020/jun...oeur-dalene-5/
Glad to see Hudson’s in there. Honestly though I can’t remember the last time I went to the grocery store here and someone wasn’t open carrying. I really have to think about things whenever I travel.
Old 2 June 2020, 21:05
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdeth View Post
They might be agents of the Govt but consider they are people. Some failure rate of "proper actions" whether it's policing, driving cars, any human activity is unavoidable at scale. The question of whether something is systemic "enough" to be prevented or bumping up against the very real limitations of "humans in the moment" is what I wonder.
This is exactly what I've been telling people who ask me for my opinion. Cops are people. People are fallible. There will always be a few issues here and there.

Then I show them the actual statistics that show black people are not, in fact, killed by the police anymore than anyone else. They usually ignore the facts and revert to the narrative, because narratives create feelings and feelings are what they need to survive.
Old 2 June 2020, 21:08
Doing What Grunts Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
...Then I show them the actual statistics that show black people are not, in fact, killed by the police anymore than anyone else. They usually ignore the facts and revert to the narrative, because narratives create feelings and feelings are what they need to survive.
Victims love to be victimized thus they live their entire lives being that way which allows them to lash out emotionally. It's about choices, priorities, and truly wanting to better your life or continue to be a parasite on society.
Old 2 June 2020, 22:09
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
For those that know the other related effects of say post riot Los Angeles and other areas, what should we expect? For example, even with the whole COVID-2019 effect, I heard that some teachers would not return to work at Minneapolis Public Schools. I assume real estate value will plummet? For example, is a home that was valued at say $300,000 in Minneapolis, now suddenly worth only $150,000? I have to imagine that a least a few coppers from the Minneapolis Police are going to say, "Fuck this shit, I am retiring and taking my MN PERA pension!"
There's been an uptick in Police retirements in my area.
Old 3 June 2020, 05:55
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
Great....our community has already seen the negative effects of Chicago and Detroit immigration ....now we will start seeing Minneapolis immigrants.
Old 3 June 2020, 08:22
33,024 - R.I.P.

It looks like the Sacramento Kings announcer Grant Napear was fired for tweeting "All Lives Matter". https://www.foxnews.com/sports/sacra...s-matter-tweet

Kings: "Hey Napear, you can't say All Lives Matter."
Napear: "Why?"
Kings: "Because you said, 'All Lives Matter'. That doesn't jive with our racist BLM mantra, so we might have to fire you."
Napear: "Oh, okay. I'll resign. I profusely apologize for my non-racist racism."

F**king Komiefornia strikes again.
Old 3 June 2020, 08:38
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
It looks like the Sacramento Kings announcer Grant Napear was fired for tweeting "All Lives Matter". https://www.foxnews.com/sports/sacra...s-matter-tweet

Kings: "Hey Napear, you can't say All Lives Matter."
Napear: "Why?"
Kings: "Because you said, 'All Lives Matter'. That doesn't jive with our racist BLM mantra, so we might have to fire you."
Napear: "Oh, okay. I'll resign. I profusely apologize for my non-racist racism."
The real response is much worse then your parody of it, here it is.

Quote:
"All lives matter" is the go-to response from racist individuals when they're asked about #BLM. How could you be so tone-deaf to not know that? Even if it wasn't your intent to be racist, it was an incredibly dumb thing to say.
If you hav any qualms with BLM you are a racist with only other out being tone deaf/dumb.
Old 3 June 2020, 08:43
Authorized Personnel

https://www.lawofficer.com/where-is-...amera-footage/

Ive been asking this question from the get-go. Those cops were fighting someone with excited delirium. Why does it take 5 cops, because the fucker felt no pain. Fox News already wants to lynch this guy up.

Leaders with no god damn balls. Pandering for voters every year. Watching Cuomo bad-mouth the Police was bullshit.

Time for national call off day...week.
Old 3 June 2020, 08:44
Doing What Grunts Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdeth View Post
If you hav any qualms with BLM you are a racist....
That is exactly what one of my wife's FB friends posted yesterday -- almost verbatim....
Old 3 June 2020, 08:46
Going cyclic!!

Omaha, last night had peaceful protests and they were all even done by the 8 pm curfew.
And that was with a white man shooting and killing a black protestor while trying to defend his business. The DA will not prosecute as the shooter was surrounded and being choked, when he shot.
My prediction, if the MSM will stop fanning the flames (I know, not as simple as it sounds), then this will be page 8 news by next week.
Old 3 June 2020, 09:14
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
That is exactly what one of my wife's FB friends posted yesterday -- almost verbatim....
Since more white are actually shot and killed by cops, can I start a #whitelivesmatter movement? Since All lives matter is racist and negates the plight of black people.
Old 3 June 2020, 09:17
Doing What Grunts Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Since more white are actually shot and killed by cops, can I start a #whitelivesmatter movement? Since All lives matter is racist and negates the plight of black people.
I say you should. I've been accused of my racism since I refuse to see one group as being any better or worse than any other and I haven't seemed to lose any sleep over it as of yet. I say go for it...
Old 3 June 2020, 09:46
Doing What Grunts Do

Personally, I don't believe *people* want to stop "racism." There are people who have built entire lives around it. It's their purpose and cause. Without it, they would simply be...well, just a normal person without any importance.
Old 3 June 2020, 09:48
Shakin' the bush Boss

Let's try to at least sort of get back on topic please.
Old 3 June 2020, 10:12
Anesthetized User

Based just on what we, the public, knows so far which of the following is easier to prove. A 3rd degree murder charge or a manslaughter charge?

I wonder if the Feds will hit him with civil rights violations if Chauvin is found not guilty.

Or does the DA accept a plea so cities stop burning? Or does a plea just make things worse?

I think things get ugly no matter what happens.

It don't come easy.--Ringo Starr

Equality is no measure of success.
Old 3 June 2020, 10:14
Involuntary Yoga Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256 View Post

Ive been asking this question from the get-go. Those cops were fighting someone with excited delirium. Why does it take 5 cops, because the fucker felt no pain. Fox News already wants to lynch this guy up.

Leaders with no god damn balls. Pandering for voters every year. Watching Cuomo bad-mouth the Police was bullshit.

This will be a very minor comment in all of this, but I have a unique perspective on this one, because I have a condition where I cannot feel pain. It is a bit of a mind fuck to not understand the concept of physical pain at a real level, and it does make it very very hard to stay out of trouble. You’d think it would make it easy to be upstanding, but it doesn’t. No sympathizing or empathizing with these twats, because when you don’t feel pain, sympathy and empathy are not innate, they’re concepts you have to learn and apply consciously in an academic sense.

That said, it can take 5 cops to take down someone not feeling pain no problem. When my back got broken in a car accident in 16, after being cut out of my car, I woke up and attacked the medics, they dosed me with something. Then four orderlies in the hospital. And if I didn’t see it on film, I wouldn’t remember. A broken back where L1 and L2 were turned into powder.

Point is, there is no other way to stop someone feeling no pain than to put them down hard. Real hard. Literally like teaching a very willful, dog how to behave. I didn’t do as well as I could have in the Army because even as a grunt, I needed a more firm hand.

Don’t feel pity for these twats that go down hard. It’s necessary.

Bigger picture, if any of these kids are tweaking on something, and this escalates, Leo’s are going to be forced to go hard. And they’re going to have to do it, or it will get ugly. 5 on 1, it could become necessary, a lot. /ending a bit of an embarrassing over share, but it’s one of the banes of my existence. And not one anyone should take lightly, because one person can do a lot of damage.

"Let's make this weird", ~Mike2CW

Last edited by chokeu2; 3 June 2020 at 10:21.
Old 3 June 2020, 10:50
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS11 View Post
Then I show them the actual statistics that show black people are not, in fact, killed by the police anymore than anyone else. They usually ignore the facts and revert to the narrative, because narratives create feelings and feelings are what they need to survive.
Show me those statistics.

As I've researched a little, and blacks people are (on average) twice as likely to get killed by the police, and over the last three years 2.5 times as likely to get shot to death by the police. Maybe my data is crap, so show me.....

refs:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6708348/
https://www.statista.com/chart/5211/...y-police-2016/
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/
https://www.statista.com/chart/5211/...y-police-2016/
Old 3 June 2020, 10:53
Confirmed User

Quote:

The arrest papers say that he was compliant and handcuffed rapidly- wasnít until they tried to put him into the SUV that he started fighting. Iíve never had to stuff anyone INTO a car- but dragging a limp body out can be hard enough- gotta be miserable if the person really doesnít want to go. 5 makes sense for that reason alone, especially if they want to AVOID heavy damage to him.

If ED was suspected there should be ample evidence, both on bodycams and radio; here when the cops call us for that itís listed in about every 3rd line in the CAD, and they are usually very clear in saying it to our faces. Minneapolis has had issues with ED in the past so I would guess they are smart enough to do the same.

Unfortunately 3 of them still ended up on his back when heíd stopped fighting. Uphill fight for them even if that was the case.
Old 3 June 2020, 10:57
Reverse Apache Master

Quote:

That article addresses a few of the questions I've had from the get-go. In one of the videos (I think it's from a security camera while they're dealing with him inside the vehicle), the Asian officer looks up at the camera and then appears to say "Camera!" to the officers dealing with Floyd inside the vehicle.

My initial thought was "Somebody was getting tuned up and he warned them", then it dawned on me... He told them they were on camera early on in the incident, so does it make sense that they/he would pull him out of the car and proceed to murder him? A warning of "camera" would imply "be on your best behavior since you're on camera" (whether or not you should behave differently on/off camera is not the point here).

It's just not adding up, but hey, everyone who has felt the need to virtue signal by "releasing a statement" has already called it murder, so by God, it's murder. (I'm not saying it's not. I'm saying some things don't make sense and I want more info before I decide what that was...negligence, an asshole being an asshole and accidentally killing a dude, or murder.)

Our new posting rules