Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 21 December 2017, 19:21
Cloud bursting...

He said Rangers are JSOC. So time with Rangers counted as JSOC time.
Old 21 December 2017, 19:22

I have sent all proper documentation validating my claims in this unfortunate situation. As far as the JSOC photos are concerning, that was a public visit to West Point to speak at the Modern War Institute where I was asked to take photos and send them to PAO, not some secret meeting where I was comprising anyone. Those photos were sent to the thread owner. Shaw did not come to me before posting this thread asking to validate anything, it was overheard conversations and small interactions. If the admins have further questions, I would be more than happy to answer. If not, I requested that this thread be closed. Thank you all.
Old 21 December 2017, 19:31
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyRedClover View Post
-snip
You should post an introduction in the Introductions thread, per the instructions you got when you registered, before posting on this board...

You know, following instructions & attention to detail and all that...
Old 21 December 2017, 20:00
Been There Done That

Quote:
I have sent all proper documentation validating my claims in this unfortunate situation. As far as the JSOC photos are concerning, that was a public visit to West Point to speak at the Modern War Institute where I was asked to take photos and send them to PAO, not some secret meeting where I was comprising anyone. Those photos were sent to the thread owner. Shaw did not come to me before posting this thread asking to validate anything, it was overheard conversations and small interactions. If the admins have further questions, I would be more than happy to answer. If not, I requested that this thread be closed. Thank you all.
Follow instructions and post an intro

2nd. Quit trying to get cool points and man up and act like a professional.

Trying to be cool by association. You are not a school kid anymore you are now commissioned and trying to become an officer in the infantry. So far you seam less than professional.
Old 21 December 2017, 20:01
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
Follow instructions and post an intro

2nd. Quit trying to get cool points and man up and act like a professional.

Trying to be cool by association. You are not a school kid anymore you are now commissioned and trying to become an officer in the infantry. So far you seam less than professional.
Wisdom...straight up.
Old 21 December 2017, 20:02
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyop Shaw View Post
He said Rangers are JSOC. So time with Rangers counted as JSOC time.
Quote:
Not no but FUCK NO! The 75th Ranger Regiment belongs to USASOC. End of story. Donít pass go. Donít collect $200. Not to mention attached to something does not make that person X.

Iíve seen the summer WP/Officer fuckery in my PLT personally. Color me unimpressed. As stated in the Ranger blue book, a person is considered a Ranger upon completion of RIP/RASP/ROP. So unless youíve passed RASP/ROP I request you take a big step back and literally go fuck your own face.

The sad part is this is what I expect from ďleadershipĒ at the very bottom of the military rung.
Old 21 December 2017, 20:03
Administrator

RubyRedClover,
Don't use the report post function again.
Old 21 December 2017, 20:09
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
RubyRedClover,
HAHAHAHA, thatís awesome! I needed that. Thanks SB
Old 21 December 2017, 20:10
Been There Done That

2nd LTs
Old 21 December 2017, 20:13
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
RubyRedClover,
Is that the SJW/Snowflake button? I did not even know it exists (serious)...

One should just man up and confront the issue.
Old 21 December 2017, 20:29

As far as everyone's responses, I never claimed to be anything I am not and take what Shaw said in the context that the claims he made against me were false (as he never asked me to clarify anything and decided to go online anyways). I am using the report button because my account can't private message and I knew they could see those. As far not posting an intro, you are right and I will. I am not saying that I didn't make mistakes in this situation and I own up to that, I am a 2nd LT and am by no means perfect (as is obvious) or claim to be some badass or ranger. I am still learning and have a lot more to learn. I apologize for this situation and would be more than happy to clarify any claim in a private message, but please leave your email since my messenger isn't working. Again, thank you and best wishes.
Old 21 December 2017, 20:33
Administrator

I didn't ask why you were using the report post function, I told you not to use it again.

Your PM function isn't working because you're a newbie and don't have the permissions.
Old 21 December 2017, 20:35
Another pool cleaner

Quote:
As far as everyone's responses, I never claimed to be anything I am not and take what Shaw said in the context that the claims he made against me were false (as he never asked me to clarify anything and decided to go online anyways). I am using the report button because my account can't private message and I knew they could see those. As far not posting an intro, you are right and I will. I am not saying that I didn't make mistakes in this situation and I own up to that, I am a 2nd LT and am by no means perfect (as is obvious) or claim to be some badass or ranger. I am still learning and have a lot more to learn. I apologize for this situation and would be more than happy to clarify any claim in a private message, but please leave your email since my messenger isn't working. Again, thank you and best wishes.
Hey, RedRubyBendover, you have not posted an intro.

Pay attention and listen to directions, fucktard.

You did make some phony claims, as outlined by your betters.
Old 21 December 2017, 20:53
Been There Done That

Quote:
...snip... I am a 2nd LT and am by no means perfect (as is obvious)...snip...

Smartest thing you written as of yet.

Not dog piling, but RRC you are a cliche', a Platoon Sergeant's worst nightmare.

I truly hope that your first Platoon Sergeant gives you the guidance and advice that I gave each of my new PL upon their arrival-

Shut up and listen-God gave you 2 ears and 2 eyes but only 1 mouth so you could watch and listen more then you talk

Let the PSG train you to be successful- the PSG and the Squad Leaders in your first platoon will either make you successful or LET YOU FAIL if you don't listen to them and seek their advice. THEY are the experts unlike you with years of experience. Its their PROFESSION- watch and learn from the masters of the trade.

Be humble- unless you are Best Ranger Competition Winner, Valor Medal Recipient (you know like a Silver Star, BSM/V)you have nothing that will impress anybody in your platoon. Just about all of your team leaders and above will be combat veterans- suck their brains dry of knowledge.

Talk to your 1SG- he will tell you what to expect from your PSG and whether he thinks you're learning enough, fast enough. He also knows what te Company Commander wants from his PLs and will break it down Barney style if you need it. Talk to him about counseling with your PSG, he is the smartest guy in the Company.

That's enough for now- you are in a place where there is CENTURIES of experience. I suggest you use the resources here wisely.

RGR.M
Old 21 December 2017, 20:59
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR.Montcalm View Post
Shut up and listen-God gave you 2 ears and 2 eyes but only 1 mouth so you could watch and listen more then you talk

Let the PSG train you to be successful- the PSG and the Squad Leaders in your first platoon will either make you successful or LET YOU FAIL if you don't listen to them and seek their advice. THEY are the experts unlike you with years of experience. Its their PROFESSION- watch and learn from the masters of the trade.

Be humble- unless you are Best Ranger Competition Winner, Valor Medal Recipient (you know like a Silver Star, BSM/V)you have nothing that will impress anybody in your platoon. Just about all of your team leaders and above will be combat veterans- suck their brains dry of knowledge.

Talk to your 1SG- he will tell you what to expect from your PSG and whether he thinks you're learning enough, fast enough. He also knows what te Company Commander wants from his PLs and will break it down Barney style if you need it. Talk to him about counseling with your PSG, he is the smartest guy in the Company.

That's enough for now- you are in a place where there is CENTURIES of experience. I suggest you use the resources here wisely.

RGR.M
I had this almost exact talk with my son (Junior at UVA ROTC), almost verbatim...solid advice.
Old 21 December 2017, 21:01
Bitter old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8654maine View Post
Hey, RedRubyBendover, you have not posted an intro.

Pay attention and listen to directions, fucktard.

You did make some phony claims, as outlined by your betters.
He might have swallowed his tongue.
Old 21 December 2017, 21:02
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR.Montcalm View Post
Smartest thing you written as of yet.

Not dog piling, but RRC you are a cliche', a Platoon Sergeant's worst nightmare.

I truly hope that your first Platoon Sergeant gives you the guidance and advice that I gave each of my new PL upon their arrival-

RGR.M
Should be a creed presented to each new commissioned2LT. Well said

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 21 December 2017, 21:16
#BlackRiflesMatter

Quote:
...and take what Shaw said in the context that the claims he made against me were false (as he never asked me to clarify anything and decided to go online anyways). I am using the report button because my account can't private message and I knew they could see those. As far not posting an intro, you are right and I will.
Ruby (am I reading that right?), I am a guest in this house, but if you notice your post count number #2^ (quoted above) was posted AFTER an administrator told you to IMMEDIATELY go post an introduction. Not "later"...not "I will" when I feel like it. Instead you put that on ignore.

This is a tough crowd, and for good reason. These are the quiet professionals that don't brag about their important work, flash cellphone pics, or make excuses. I'm 56 this year, and I STILL try to be more like most of them everyday. Masters of understatement. The coolest of cool.

And they must see some youthful potential in you, or you'd be toast already. How about instead of talking "about" Shaw (as shown above) you might try addressing your issue (no excuses) directly TO Shaw?

AFTER you post your intro.

Last edited by Tycon; 21 December 2017 at 21:32.
Old 21 December 2017, 21:28
Been There Done That

RRC,

capitalize Ranger when you use it.

and some more free chicken, when you do get to a PLT, no one will care that you commissioned through West Point. certainly not within your PLT.

"back at West Point" stories are like "back in basic" stories coming out of a cherry Private's mouth. no one cares and it only goes to show how little experience the story teller has.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical and radical minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 21 December 2017, 22:00
Confirmed User

RubyRedClover some of the best advise you will get is from individual on this site. As an old retired 1SG, I still learn from the individuals here.

I sat next to the door of my company Commander's office. I had a shave tail LT report in to the company. I asked him what can I do for you sir. Well he made his first mistake. He stated i am here to report to the Company Commander an started to walk right in to the office. I again stated sir I will inform the commander you are here. He walked to the door knock on the door then walked in.

I told the clerks to leave the office because I knew what was going to happen. there were some @#$&%$#@ out of the Commanders mouth an the Shave Tail LT. came out of the office
with a look on his face.

I waited a few min. then knocked on the CO's door waited for him to tell me to come in. I went in an was told to tell that again @#$%#*&$ LT. report in.

My commander informed that LT what he was to do This is the best part. The LT was to sit in the in the orderly room an watch what was going on, an how things were done, an if I needed any thing just ask if he could get it for me.

I drank more coffee that day, every time I got up to get a cup[ of coffee, he was right there to make sure I had a full cup of coffee. The two clerks I had were having fun also with him. take him on the mail run etc.

P.S. if you don't know what a shave tail Lt is just ask.

welcome to the site

Our new posting rules