SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 13 January 2018, 21:11
Policeman Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
They might as well have texted that the Purge had begun.
I am so fucking ready.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 13 January 2018, 21:14
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
I am so fucking ready.
Yeah, but how bad would it suck to get the correction text 12min later? (Nope, nothing to see here. All of the pedos and animal abusers in a 50mi radius just happened to leave town. They don't want to be found, so don't look for them.)
Old 13 January 2018, 21:20

That's all you got on your list? Man, I'm going to have to start up a DPRK-level weapons program to feasibly get through mine.
Old 13 January 2018, 21:32
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
That's all you got on your list? Man, I'm going to have to start up a DPRK-level weapons program to feasibly get through mine.
I said in the 12min before we got the correction text.
Old 13 January 2018, 22:44
Policeman Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Yeah, but how bad would it suck to get the correction text 12min later? (Nope, nothing to see here. All of the pedos and animal abusers in a 50mi radius just happened to leave town. They don't want to be found, so don't look for them.)
"My bad."
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 13 January 2018, 23:23
Moving Target

Let the law suits begin. " it made me spill my coffee on my pee pee"
Old 14 January 2018, 00:41
Confirmed User

Quote:
According to a reddit thread, most people had literally no idea what to do. Completely fucking deer-in-headlights levels of idiocy and stupidity. Others were stuffing their kids into stormdrains.
Ok, what are you supposed to do? Unless you got a bomb shelter in the back, really, what are you supposed to do? Hawaii is a fucking island, there's nowhere to run.

I live next to one of the largest nuclear bases on the planet. So the Norks launch a nuke at Bangor, and I've got 15-20 minutes to do what? Other than keeping iodine pills in the medicine chest, what am I supposed to do?

Seriously, DD, you're in charge of Hawaii Civil Defense. Here comes the devil. What are they supposed to do, exactly? Tell us, O enlightened one! Make them all safe!
Old 14 January 2018, 01:51
jump fiend

This morning started off relatively normal...as normal as having an 11 month old kid can be. Was at target and get a call from my Dad in Hawaii. Thought it was his usual ‘hey Steve just got off the water from paddling, how are you?’ Instead it was ‘we are sheltering in place, we got a notice there’s a ballistic missile inbound, and it’s not a drill. I love you.’

Holy fuck. My wife’s grandpa has been to multiple combat zones (Korea, Vietnam, etc) and recently died from cancer. My wife’s dad has been to multiple combat zones and is still kicking. I’ve been to multiple combat zones (never been IN combat) and am still kicking. To think my dad and stepmom might be killed by hostile action...in Hawaii...that was a new thought.

Just glad it wasn’t real.
Grief comes, but time will ease the pain.
Life ends, but death cannot erase it.
In memory, they will always remain.
Old 14 January 2018, 01:56
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferryman View Post
Unless you got a bomb shelter in the back, really, what are you supposed to do?
Make peace with your God, pray that you don't survive, and spend your last 12 minutes telling those close to you that you love them (it's not like you're going to accomplish much else in 12 minutes). By the way, that 12 minute figure is closer to the total flight time from Norkville to Hawaii, not the amount of warning you will get in Hawaii. However, if you are in Maine with a nuke headed toward Hawaii you should fill a bunch of containers with water, check on your disaster supplies including iodine pills / water purification tabs / ammo / first aid stuff, and consider how you might have to deal with an EMP effect (the most likely warhead deployment scenario against the continental USA given that atmospheric reentry has been problematic).

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 14 January 2018, 04:48

My main snicker and derisive attitude was not based on the fact that they didn't know what to do, but the fact that they apparently didn't know what to do because they literally never ever in their entire lives entertained or thought about what they would do if they were faced with the scenario. Hell, they've only had the MSM pushing the idea into their brains for the past two years at least, and most of the stories I heard were morons just absolutely blanking out and had NO IDEA what to do because they never thought about it. The stereotypical stupid sheep mentality that we've all heard talked about. And here it was on display --- yet again. They get the alert and immediately lose their shit like a bunch of hyperventilating dumb sorority girls (ironically dumb hot girls being the only demographic I'll be saving).

Quote:
It was complete chaos here for about 20 minutes. I immediately left work and drove about 10 mins home and the roadways were crazy. Complete disregard for any traffic law whatsoever. People going 100+ in 45mph zones, running red lights, driving on the wrong side of the road - absolute chaos like nothing I've seen before. When I got home my family was huddled downstairs in the garage storage area (kinda underground) crying hysterically. I called 911 and they confirmed it was a mistake but we didn't get a txt msg confirming it was a mistake till about 30 minutes after the initial "THIS IS NOT A DRILL."
I love it. Just confirms what we've all already known. Once The Purge™ commences, it's gonna be fucking amazing.

And as far as Bangor ---- yeah I was stationed there a while and could give you a few places to hide that maybe might save your ass in the event of a non-direct hit. I gave it some thought on 9/11 when I was on base and the glimmering thought "holy shit are we about to get nuked?" crossed my young mind. Silverdale/Bremerton would be a shitty place to be though.
Old 14 January 2018, 05:29
Confirmed User

Maybe it's time to reactivate civil defense training?

I went thru it in Poland when I was a kid at school. If anything, this training ingrained in my mind the possibility of NBC attack happening and how it would look like and what should I and other people do (or at least try to do) when shit like that happens both with prior warning and without it. They taught me that every move and every decision counts - running like a headless chicken, on the other hand, decreases what little time you have to move pieces on your personal chessboard.
Old 14 January 2018, 06:30
Confirmed User

Quote:
My main snicker and derisive attitude was not based on the fact that they didn't know what to do, but the fact that they apparently didn't know what to do because they literally never ever in their entire lives entertained or thought about what they would do if they were faced with the scenario.
Your main snicker and derisive attitude was apparent long before this minor incident. But what ever. I'm sure we'll be hearing more on your expertise on such matters in the future, as I truly believe you are the ultimate expert on
Quote:
Completely fucking deer-in-headlights levels of idiocy and stupidity.
Old 14 January 2018, 06:44
Authorized Personnel

The thought of impending vaporization would impede the sex act for most.
Old 14 January 2018, 07:44
Six Minutes!

Alaska state leadership announced that (SIC) "we don't have a notification plan like Hawaii- we would only have 20 minutes notice anyway, and it isn't worth the panic caused by a warning"

Some peoples' heads are exploding at the fact that the State of AK doesn't have a plan to notify people of an incoming missile with only 20 minutes of warning.

Memories of Basic training where the drill sergeant yells "Loud Sonic Boom from the rear- MOVE!" comes to mind (where you have your kevlar on your head pointed toward the blast, and your hands covering your junk).

Seven … six … eleven … five … nine-an’-twenty mile today
Four … eleven … seventeen … thirty-two the day before —
Old 14 January 2018, 07:49
Been There Done That

This missile attack trumps the last tsunami alert, that sent everyone to higher ground.
To much Primo beer Bro.........
Old 14 January 2018, 09:20
BTDT

"Hawaii sends out 'IQ Test' to its citizens....most fail"

I see the slaves are programmed well. Who believes *anything* 'official' anymore? In 2018? Ah well...
Old 14 January 2018, 09:54
Confirmed User

Quote:
IQ Test
Is there a chance that this "accident" was no accident but a deliberate test to see how people would react?
Old 14 January 2018, 11:40
Been There Done That

Quote:
My main snicker and derisive attitude was not based on the fact that they didn't know what to do, but the fact that they apparently didn't know what to do because they literally never ever in their entire lives entertained or thought about what they would do if they were faced with the scenario. Hell, they've only had the MSM pushing the idea into their brains for the past two years at least, and most of the stories I heard were morons just absolutely blanking out and had NO IDEA what to do because they never thought about it. The stereotypical stupid sheep mentality that we've all heard talked about. And here it was on display --- yet again. They get the alert and immediately lose their shit like a bunch of hyperventilating dumb sorority girls (ironically dumb hot girls being the only demographic I'll be saving).

I love it. Just confirms what we've all already known. Once The Purge™ commences, it's gonna be fucking amazing.

And as far as Bangor ---- yeah I was stationed there a while and could give you a few places to hide that maybe might save your ass in the event of a non-direct hit. I gave it some thought on 9/11 when I was on base and the glimmering thought "holy shit are we about to get nuked?" crossed my young mind. Silverdale/Bremerton would be a shitty place to be though.
Normal people don't have any idea what to do during a nuclear attack because they aren't sick fucks who endlessly ruminate on the end of the world. They actually have lives to live and kids to raise. When you do those things you typically don't spend your day fixated on morbid shit.
19 Oct 2017
Old 14 January 2018, 11:45
Been There Done That

^^^^ Word.
"The nice thing about Twitter, in the old days when I got attacked it would take me years to get even with somebody, now when I’m attacked I can do it instantaneously, and it has a lot of power. You see some genius statements on Twitter. You see some statements coming out which are Ernest Hemingway times two." - The Trumpmeister
Old 14 January 2018, 12:33
Been There Done That

The storm drain thing confuses me. Not sure of the point there....

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.

Our new posting rules